No announcement yet.

INT: Installing aftermarket steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant seem to verify. Do the 92-93 click backs work or not? I see some peoples do, and some others dont. I dont understand why they wont.......

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
      UPDATE**

I just did this and you DO NOT NEED TO SPLICE.

When you take off the steering wheel mount, there will be a piece of copper on your left that hangs down. It sort of looks like the negative end when you plug in a double A battery into something. You can just tap into that and with the extra wire, tuck into the column. The ground can be the bolt or just the hub itself. I just taped the ground to the inside of the hub.

ALSO, THE BLINKERS RESET WHEN YOU TURN, I don't know what you did but mine resets. I drive a DX btw.

SCORE 1 for the dx'sssss
      what year is your dx ??

MY RIDE thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157293

Comment

Sorry had to bring this one back, I read all of this thread and I have to say it was very helpful, I just installed a NRG hub and quick release on my 92 dx with no problems by following this DIY and my turn signals turn back by themselves. Great job all so great info on how to wire the horn worked well.

Comment

i did the steering wheel diy but with a twist , for those with srs .

i made a contact out of alloy .

cut the blue/red wire( positive) in the horn relay ...lenghten the wire ran it straight to the contact .
          on the horn button ground the other terminal inside the steering boss ,
          horn worked perfect

i'll put more pic up tomorrow
          Last edited by ukaccord92; 12-15-2010, 06:41 PM.

'' we racing or you just blowing smoke ?''

Comment

nice write up . i have been wanting a momo and wasnt sure if i would ever put it on . this has made me rethink it guys . thanks . you learn something every day.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

nice DIY , too bad i didnt see it when i had to do mine..lol but im pretty sure its going to help someone later on..
              AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
              JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

good info
                swapped out a 90 prelude 4ws!
                i swapped out the horn/cc wires, and hub it connects to from a 90/91 accord
                and the plug that runs out of the hub
                works perfect!
                will put picture up later

Comment

So what size Torx bit is used to remove the airbag? I can't really afford a whole set just for a quick job.

Comment

Working...
                  X