No announcement yet.

INT: Installing aftermarket steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, nice DIY. What wheels/hubs work on our cars? I want to get a new one, I dont have cruise, and the blinker thing might get annoying. But I just didnt wanna get a cheap hub and not have it work. What model is that wheel, it looks good?

and also, what exactly makes the horn not work and you have to use all that extra wire?

Comment

pretty much any momo steering wheel will fit you just have to make sure the hub you get is compatible with the steering wheel...as for which hub fits, check out my first post and it says right there which momo hub to use.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Nice write up man. Now i want to go buy a MOMO steering wheel!
        92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

dude i need help burner, ok when you have the hub on it, doesnt it leave a gap between the hub and the white piece? how do we fix this garbage, i dont like how there is a gap. Can i find a piece off a non airbag accord? and then install it to make it fit better? So im wondering if there is a spacer i can buy cause i hate the gap.
          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
            dude i need help burner, ok when you have the hub on it, doesnt it leave a gap between the hub and the white piece? how do we fix this garbage, i dont like how there is a gap. Can i find a piece off a non airbag accord? and then install it to make it fit better? So im wondering if there is a spacer i can buy cause i hate the gap.
            i dont have a gap at all...are you sure you removed all of the srs system cuz the only white thing i rememeber was connected with the srs and i removed everything in step 6 and 7...make sure you did it that way...maybe those 3 screws (step 6) are still holding that white piece on?

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Anyone know if ITR, S2000, CTR, EP3 SI wheels can fit? This is what I really want to do. Thanks

What are our options for removable hubs? The only ones I've seen are Sparco (like $300) and the cheap Ebay ones for about $100. ???
              ________
              Uggs
              Last edited by accord4thgen; 05-12-2011, 09:47 AM.
              無限WESTCOAST FUKINWITCHU ACCORD4THGEN 1990 CB7 Coupe無限

Comment

i guess itr bolts right on so i would assume the the s2000 and ctr would also do to people always putting these om ek hatches. so find someone with the itr wheel on their car and then got o honda-tech and search that chasis to see what everyone else is putting on and there is your answer.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

back from the dead! nice write up...guess i'll try to install that jdm steering wheel i got now!
                  JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

itr will fit. s2000 no.
                    shit i won't pay 150 for a momo steering wheel. $50 maybe lol.
                    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

I have a problem, maybe u guys can help me. My steering wheel is not on straight. The wheel is offset to the left when driving straight. Which of these steps should i follow to remove the steering wheel and put it back on straight?

Comment

which steering wheel do you have? is your car aligned properly? my wheel was a bit off too and i took it to get aligned cuz i swaped out my suspension and it lined up perfectly then...maybe your alignment is off a bit. you could also park straight and remove just the steering wheel and try to aligne it like that...dont remove the hub, just the steering wheel.

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
                          Ok so this is my question for you guys, i got the sparco hub coming in, and the wheel ect, now one thing i did was try to remove the gauge cluster bulb, cpmike told me to just pull it out, and well when i yanked on the bulb it shattered into 23242423231 pieces, anyways, ill figure out how to wire my horn, but after i removed my steering wheel, there was the SRS reel, behind that is the white piece that will unclick your blinkers, this has to be removed as well correct? Thanks.

I removed mine and the srs light came on (this was in our old 91 accord) And so i just put the old wheel back on and then it would f*ck u when you turned hard so we sold it and got our 92 ex but I removed mine and maybe im stupid in fact i know im stupid but anyhow i think you do have to remove it i dont know???

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                          bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

holy crap dude! that didn't make any sense at all to me, lol....reread it urself and see if it does to you...
                            JDM H22 w/ M2B4 Tranny

Hondata has arrived!!

Comment

haha well i fixed my steering wheel no problem check it out when i finished!!
                              To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                                I removed mine and the srs light came on (this was in our old 91 accord) And so i just put the old wheel back on and then it would f*ck u when you turned hard so we sold it and got our 92 ex but I removed mine and maybe im stupid in fact i know im stupid but anyhow i think you do have to remove it i dont know???
                                what the hell did any of the 91's have srs maybe im just not aware and that post was hard as hell to read

"Tucking tires and wires."
                                The Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X