Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Broken/cracked interior pieces, need help on repairing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken/cracked interior pieces, need help on repairing!

Alright this is my first post here, I know ive had my account for a while, ive just never used it. Anyhow, I have a wagon and there are some broken/cracked pieces that I would like to replace or repair. Ive seen on some websites I can order them for $250+ and I am not going to be doing that. I don't think a piece of plastic that is smaller than a square foot is worth anything close to that. So I guess my question is how would I go about replacing these? anything I can mold them from or any material I can make them my self? I was planning on re-doing the entire rear cargo area considering its all in pretty bad condition. So would anyone have anyways of going about this? Thanks!

If your seriously keen you can fiberglass mold them.

But personally I'd just get a Plastic repairer to weld them back together.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      If your seriously keen you can fiberglass mold them.

But personally I'd just get a Plastic repairer to weld them back together.
      Hmmm I could try fiber glassing, but I don't know if id have the patience... I could always try though! I truly never even heard of being able to "weld" plastic back together, I will for sure look into that, thank you!

Comment

Depending on year...a few of us wagon owners have unfortunate accidents and must part out our cars..Look on the www.Accordwagonclub.com...here, and whatever site deals with wagon owners. My site that I manage, I don't think anyone has a wagon parting out...and the one I know about got smashed....in the rear. Don't look at E-bay or CL as you will pay too much and it might not be your year as those people don't know cars well.(guy swore inside and out the car bra fit a 92...thing was for 95 and up).
        Good luck and a photo of the damage please? PM me if need more info

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
        New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
        My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Its possible to repair cracked plastic with a plastic welder, which is pretty much just a soldering iron with a special tip, that melts the plastic and produces toxic fumes.

Here is a better way : http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ding-plastics/

He doesn't really cover re-finishing the outside after repairs, but this can accomplished with SEM texture paint followed by SEM color coat to match whatever interior color you have or want. Obviously you have to do some sanding to blend the repair.

Another, easier option is to head to your local pickapart and grab the parts you need from a wagon, if you can find one. They are out there.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

If you have the piece off, you could rough up the back side on both sides of the crack, spread some JB weld over the area, then use another piece of plastic over that to span and reinforce the cracked area (assuming the extra thickness won't be a problem for reinstallation. It may still require some refinishing on the outside surface.

As mentioned, let us know which pieces you need and a member could possibly steer you to a junkyard with a wagon, or deal directly with you once you reach 30 good posts.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Also, to make your search easier, all interior plastic parts in the wagon forward of the c-pillars are interchangeable with a sedan.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Ill try to get some pictures up! There are three junk yard around me two of the closer ones have just sedans and a couple coupes, but the third one is the farthest from me (hour and a half drive) only has ONE wagon and the thing is practically gutted and rusted completely, so its useless... but yeah let me go snag some pictures and ill post them! thanks again!

Comment

The 2 part epoxy that comes in the syringes works well also. Hold one side of the crack together with tape, and flip it over. Fill in the crack with epoxy, sand if needed after it sets.

Could even use some fiberglass cloth and resin. Not too difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodj View Post
                    The 2 part epoxy that comes in the syringes works well also. Hold one side of the crack together with tape, and flip it over. Fill in the crack with epoxy, sand if needed after it sets.
                    Could even use some fiberglass cloth and resin. Not too difficult.
                    Still..a better understanding when the pictures are done. Don't take them real close or it won't be apparent to what we are looking at. Surprisingly, the part of the country you live in has a massive amount of wagon owners. As I said, you may get lucky and someone is pulling the rear to put a concert hall back there..

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Alright here are some photos:

There are 4 pictures. pretty much just the moldings and the railing up top. These panels/moldings are the taillight covers and the cargo areas in the rear of my wagon. so what do you guys think?

(I know I know the hatch of my wagon is very unkept, I don't need to be reminded, haha)
                      Last edited by GTRxPatrick; 07-05-2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Junkyard, call it a day. If you cant find your color paint it.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                          Junkyard, call it a day. If you cant find your color paint it.
                          The closest junk yard to me that has a wagon is an hour and a half away and they only have ONE wagon, and the thing is completely gutted and rusted. so its pretty much useless to me.

Comment

I do enjoy the big laugh I get when you guys say "just go to the junk yard and get a part" And they mean wagon parts.....oh is that funny still. I live in a BIG city and have gone to a few JY's here. Never ever ever have I seen a wagon. EVER! And rare to even find an above 1991 Accord with the parts on it..hell with even a way to identify it as a Honda! These guys post it as if it's a supermarket or 7-11 for parts; "just go to the jy and pick up a part (don't forget the milk)".

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com

Comment

Have you tried to find anything on Ebay? Or possibly other used part sites online? Just a thought to explore other areas if the JY are tapped out.

Comment

Working...
                              X