How clean should exiting flush be on Cleaning Evaporator Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How clean should exiting flush be on Cleaning Evaporator Core

How clean should the liquid be coming out of evaporator core when i flush it. I've already flushed it twice while using a half quart and it is still a dark green.

That is oil and dye that have collected/clumoed up in evap core, keep flushing till it is coming out clear. You can flush lines while they are on the car, just disconect both ends and flush.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
      That is oil and dye that have collected/clumoed up in evap core, keep flushing till it is coming out clear. You can flush lines while they are on the car, just disconect both ends and flush.
      Third time was a charm. Nice and clean now. I have less than a half quart to do rest of car now. I am worried about 2 things now having put evaporator back together. One is how tight these lines have to be as there was nothing to grab on valve to counteract tightening on the nut to it. The new valve is slightly different and has no nut holder to help tighten. So i guess there is still an 1/8 of a turn still there to tighten normally. 2nd is the goop i used to put insulated material back around that bulb sensor thing(thermo-valve i take it). It says up to -40F. I would say we'll see but there is no way to see it once back in car.

Comment

Working...
      X