Whinning noise from engine bay driver side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whinning noise from engine bay driver side

Hey guys I've got an accord 92 ex...there is a whirring whine noise coming from driver side near pulley and belts...I'm running with no ps pump belt and my alternator was replaced and has less than 1000 miles on (re manufactured) I'm leaning toward maybe bearings in alternator but wanted to know if there would be something else to check firs being that the alternator is technicality new...
    Note; the sound is more of an irritant than a problem as it doesn't affect performance, and it's most noticeable at idle.
    Thanks in advance

Do you have ac?
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Tight belts whine. Take off the accessory belt and see if it stops.

Comment

Yea I do have the ac connected but don't usually run it...what is the tension spec for the accessory belt? If I push on it from center between alternator and balancer it goes in about 1/2-3/4 inch

Comment

Yea I do have the ac connected but don't usually run it...what is the tension spec for the accessory belt? If I push on it from center between alternator and balancer it goes in about 1/2-3/4 inch

Comment

You can also use a stethoscope or long screw driver to pinpoint the noise.

Comment

Working...
            X