Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get back to my Accord!

I really need to jump back into messing with my Accord. Ever since I bought
    my '97 Civic I have been driving the hell out of it! I think I like how small &
    nimble the older Civics were.

The Civic had a really bad leak coming from the Rear Main Seal to the point where oil was covering the flywheel, Clutch, & Pressure Plate. The slipping of the clutch was horrible.

It was a goodlearning experience for me because I have never replaced a clutch. & with the transmission being a tiny D-Series it wasn't too bad.

Anyway, I look at my Accord every morning in my driveway just missing the H22 power! There is nothing wrong with the H22 or the Accord itself I just have been paying too much attention to the Civic.

Anyone else have a similar problem?
    Keep Pushing..

I recently moved to a home in Houston and finally got the garage I had been needing. However, I had to put my fiancee's RHD Legacy in there to get it out of the driveway it was in (non-running). I've also got it loaded up with tools from house projects to get the place like I wanted. Once I get the Legacy cleaned up and sold, I need to get my 3.2CL down to the house to get it cleaned up and sold! Only then will I be able to bring my Accord down to begin to work on it.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yup. My RSX daily is miserably weak off the line, making it absolutely terrible to grab gaps in traffic with. What's funny about that is the base actually has more torque than a Type S the entire time before the "better" car reaches VTEC. I dont remember the H22 being this bad low down.

I have all the parts for my H22 build in hand, and all I need is to take out a loan (personal decision... my credit is inching towards 800 and adding an account to my history will help it along!) so I can throw it all together and buy the chassis to put it in, but I've got some serious bs going on at home right now that's delaying it. After more than five years, I'm so close to getting back into a CB that time is just dragging by so damn slowly for me right now.
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 05-30-2018, 03:06 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I've been 200 miles away from my cb7 for 6 years. it fucking sucks.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
          I really need to jump back into messing with my Accord.

Anyway, I look at my Accord every morning in my driveway just missing the H22 power! There is nothing wrong with the H22 or the Accord itself I just have been paying too much attention to the Civic.
          Just do it!
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Just do it!
            Haha I did yesterday after work! It was soooo good to get into the Accord. I swear the Civic is nothing like driving the Accord. Just the feeling I get from driving it is like finding a long lost love lol.

The Euro-R VTEC is so strong compared to a little D16 haha.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

I am glad that I am not the only one who misses their Accord.
              It is great that you all still have your CBs even if it is not at your house.

I have to come on to the Forum ever now & then at work to look at other people's builds to keep me motivated!
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                Yup. My RSX daily is miserably weak off the line, making it absolutely terrible to grab gaps in traffic with. What's funny about that is the base actually has more torque than a Type S the entire time before the "better" car reaches VTEC. I dont remember the H22 being this bad low down.

I have all the parts for my H22 build in hand, and all I need is to take out a loan (personal decision... my credit is inching towards 800 and adding an account to my history will help it along!) so I can throw it all together and buy the chassis to put it in, but I've got some serious bs going on at home right now that's delaying it. After more than five years, I'm so close to getting back into a CB that time is just dragging by so damn slowly for me right now.

I feel you man. I think that was a big reason that I haven't been messing with my Accord as well. I have had so much personal stuff going on in my life it is hard to keep up.

I also just got a new house with a garage unfortunately it is only a single car which is almost pointless because I cannot fit the Accord plus all of my tools/random stuff.

I hope you find a good CB chassis man!
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

My issue isn't even entirely my fault. I made the mistake of getting a nice place with a roommate, and she finally got so bad that I had to kick her out. I can barely afford the place on my own, but at least I can just well enough that I have time to get someone else in. It's got a two-car garage that I'm trying desperately to hold onto... that and the fact that I'm too proud to move back into my parents' house, even if it would only be for a month or two to get money together for a new place. My living situation should be figured out within the next month, though.

And yes, I'll be super picky about the chassis I buy. I've waited this long, I'm not about to waste it on a basket case that isn't even spec'd how I want. The loan will be just enough to cover the engine machining and tuning, as well as some nice coilovers and a sway bar, so I'll be straight into a sorted car. I'm excited just thinking about it.

I'm with you on the looking at build threads for motivation. The forum's not what it once was, but there are some people on here still doing great things. Plus, the OG builds never stop influencing.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Well I hope you get the whole roommate thing sorted out. Sounds like you have a pretty nice place there.

It will be nice to find a good chassis & all. I am sure you will find something nice. Haha I am excited for you. I love hearing about CB builds or any Honda at all.

Yeah I am glad there are people who still frequently post their builds.
                    Keep Pushing..

Comment

It’s not uncommon to find yourself not driving a vehicle for whatever reason.

After I bought my first Toyota Pickup I didn’t drive my STi all that often. At the time I was taking the train into the city and drove on the weekends. By the time I bought my 1st Tacoma I was putting 700 miles on it annually.

I’ve been making an effort to drive my Vette more often just to get out and enjoy it. I’d recommend you do the same.

Comment

That makes sense.

Yeah I think I need to get back to driving it more.

Over the past few months I have just been dealing with moving into a new house & dealing with a bad relationship. I used to drive the Accord like every single day & every weekend I was doing some sort of maintenance or a mod.

I just need to get myself refocused & back to what I love doing!
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                        X