• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a bummer on the Explicit speed parts

But lots of awesome progress as usual!
    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by blk91coupe View Post
      Awesome, great progress man! I always wanted one of those headers. I love seeing all the great work on this car.
      Thanks, man though it sure is turning out to be a ton of work.

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
      Wow. Awesome progress!

- Henry
      Thanks Henry!

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
      I don't know where you find the time, but you're making great progress! I haven't been on in a while so I had to back track a few pages just to get up to speed with your build.

I, too have gone with wagon rear control arms and Prothane bushings (I'm going to update my thread after this). I also had to deal with having only three, then having to return for the fourth. I found a wagon with the whole rear suspension in tact, but one of the eccentric bolts for toe adjustment was seized up in the bushing and I didn't have the means to cut it out. I ended up finding another wagon on another visit and completed my set!

Keep it up! Yours is definitely one of the build I keep an eye on when I'm on the site.
      Thanks apalileo! I had the same exact problem getting the first set. Found one with a frozen eccentric bolt. Then next wagon almost has the same issue but I beat on it long enough that it finally broke loose and I was able to take both of the toe arms. I wasn't sure if they were different part numbers or not, and I wasn't sure what side I had brought home originally. So I figured it was safest to bring 2 more home, turns out they are the same part, so I could have gotten away with only getting one. Thanks for the compliments I'm always excited to see what you have going on as well.

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
      That's a bummer on the Explicit speed parts

But lots of awesome progress as usual!
      Thanks GTRON. Hey, at least I got all of them back after getting the car stolen. So having to pay for shipping just to re-powder coat them ins't that big of a deal. The new coating is the way it should have been the first time around.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Alright so from the 1st of May until today only about a million things have happened that are related to Lola. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping this updated like I normally do. I was trying to get Lola finished to make it to the NWPAC (North West Prelude Accord Club) meet on May 12th-14th. Needless to say, with a bit of help from God above, Lola made it!!!!

On May 9th tried to fire up the engine for the first time. Even after priming the fuel and oil, it didn't want to start. Or when she did it was awful. After checking a bunch of stuff I gave up for the night. I couldn't find anything wrong. On May 10th after work I added one more ground wire checked everything over again, and tried again. She fired up and ran like she should this time. After 20 mins at 2500 rpm I shut her down and checked a bunch of stuff. Everything was good. On May 11th, I had to put the entire front end of the car back on as well as wrap up my outstanding wiring as well as other things that I can't even recall at this point. I pretty much did a week with only sleeping 4 hours a night to finish the car. I also called in sick the 8th, 9th, and 10th. I needed the time to finish the car. Thank god I called in, or I would have never made my deadline. At around 12:15 AM on May 12th, I took the car out for the drive to seat the rings. In doing so Lola popped out the passenger side axle. Although I forgot to seat it all the way, so really that one was on me. I had to call the GF who, to say the least wasn't pleased about having to come save me at 1:00 AM. Anyway got it all fixed, and finished seating the rings. Parked the car, got up and swapped tires, rear upper control arms, installed the ESP.net tie bar. Worked on getting the rest of the rear seat and other interior items installed into the car. Then at 9:00 AM it got aligned, and they bled the brakes for me again. I found 2 semi-loose connections after bleeding the brakes. There is still some air in the lines currently but they are better than when I dropped it off. Once I got the car back at 11:15 AM, it was time to go home change the oil, finish installing the rest of the interior (center console and some other stuff, I didn't get to finish before the alignment) and pack the car.

There are a few minor issues with the car currently, but nothing that was a deal breaker. So either I'm incredibly stupid or very brave I still haven't decided which one yet. So Lola's engine now has about 940 miles on it from this trip. The engine is running like a champ, and pulls like a beast. I had an absolute blast and had a great time hanging out with those guys again.

List of issues

- Bad Passenger Axle Seal (Constantly leaking, finally got enough on the exhaust that it always smells like oil is burning)
        - Bad Passenger Axle (It popped out on me again during this trip, when we were romping on it hard, also has some play in it)
        - Wipe down bottom of car and exhaust
        - Bleed Brakes
        - IACV is sticking
        - Air in coolant
        - Window Pins rattle
        - O2 Sensor, died on the way home

I feel I forgot one or two minor things that need to be addressed, but they are minor if I did forget them. All in all though I couldn't be happier with how Lola did, considering I could have had a huge tow bill to get her somewhere I could fix whatever was wrong.

Anyway I'll get you guys some more updates on the trip itself and get some pictures posted up as well. I didn't really manage to take many more pictures assembling the car as I was in a massive time crunch. But I'll get some pictures of how she is currently.

Comment

I don't have much to write for the time being as I haven't touched the car since putting it in the garage. I kind of just want a break from it after working on it for about 3 months straight. So here are some pictures from the meet and of Lola being worked on that I took on the phone. Sorry for the low quality of some of the pictures. I'll get some more pictures up in a day or two as well. We forgot to bring the Nikon with us on our trip so we only have pictures from our phones.

Test fit PLM Header

Mid Pipe with Vibrant Resonator (I made this for the F22A6 I had, was able to use it on the F22B DOHC, and now with one minor change was able to use it on the H22A1 as well. It is 2.5" all the way through. I really need to upgrade the catback from the 2.25" that is currently on it.)

Final Assembly Started

Adding Coolant to the engine resulted in it draining out the timing cover. After disassembly I found that the gasket came out during installation and I chopped it into 2 pieces.

Lola at the gas station, in preparation for the trip to Daroga State Park outside of Chelan, WA.

NWPAC out traveling together, headed to Lake Chelan.

NWPAC 2017 Spring Meet 1

NWPAC 2017 Spring Meet 2

NWPAC 2017 Spring Meet 3

NWPAC 2017 Spring Meet 4

I'll get some more pictures of the meet from my GF's phone as well as some other pictures of Lola and the progress that was made. Also while fixing up a few things, I'll take some more pictures of other things as well. I need to get up under her and really check things out now that she is home as well. Like I said though I just really wanted a break from everything for a few days. The last few nights I've just sat around the house relaxing.

Comment

looks good
            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

wow, very sweet update! Thanks

Comment

Looks great!
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Haven't been here in a while. Looking good!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Damn I can't believe how quickly you got it on the road. Looks great. Once the little details are squared away, you'll be spending far less time in the garage and more time behind the wheel (whenever you can, right!?).
                    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                      looks good
                      Thanks SPLCB7!

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      wow, very sweet update! Thanks
                      Thanks Raf, keep up the good work on yours as well. I always want to see what you have in store for your car.

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      Looks great!
                      Thanks Gtron!

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                      Haven't been here in a while. Looking good!
                      Thanks Sonik!

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                      Damn I can't believe how quickly you got it on the road. Looks great. Once the little details are squared away, you'll be spending far less time in the garage and more time behind the wheel (whenever you can, right!?).
                      Even though all the little things aren't wrapped up yet, I did take it out driving yesterday. Probably only about 65 miles total, but it was all enjoyable. I also took it over to a friends house after work to show him, why I haven't been apart of the world for about the last 3 months. No doubt though, it's really just time to enjoy Lola.

Comment

I actually got busy this week and tore apart some of Lola to fix a few of the outstanding issues that she has.

Lola Engine Bay

Passenger Axle (When it spit the axle out at about 80 mph, it ground the end of the splines off as well as cut a groove in the differential housing. Hopefully this is the full extend of the damage. I'm hoping that the differential wasn't worn a bit so the axle are loose in it.)

Groove in Differential 1

Groove in Differential 2

Exhaust 1 (I ordered a v-band clamp for the header to mid pipe section. I'm so sick of these worthless ass doughnut gaskets. I'm going to put in the v-band and a flex pipe to finish this part of the exhaust.)

PLM H2B Header (After the first few heat cycles this was a beautiful golden color. After driving it through about 5 rainstorms on our trip to Chelan, WA and back home it turned into what you see now. I'm not sure as to why this happened, as the bottom of the header, the down pipe area is still golden.)

PLM H2B Welded Solid 1

PLM H2B Welded Solid 2

1991 Prelude SI Steering Wheel (I still need to mod a column cover to work again. I've collected the cover, I just haven't had the time or drive to actually work on this piece. As the car is working fine without it currently.)

Digital Climate Control (Fully installed, redid all the wiring for this, turned out a lot better the second time around. I still have to evacuate the A/C lines and refill them, but otherwise the unit is fully working.)

1993 SE Sedan Dashboard

SE Dashboard Airbag (I'm still thinking about how to make the airbag into a hide a hole cubby thing with the airbag cover on it. Or possibly try my hand at laying some carbon fiber and making a cover?)

Interior 1

Interior 2 (I have the plugs and my heated seat switches somewhere... I've been mainly working on trying to clean up the garage from the 3 month disaster that occurred in it.)

Brake Rotor (These are what the front Prelude rotors from brakeperformance.com look like. I've had them on the car for 4 years now. They aren't warped or show any uneven wear in them. The pads are still in great shape as well.)

Innovative Auto to Manual Mount and Custom Mounts for AEM v2

Innovative Driver Side Mount

OBDII to OBDI Rywire Conversion Harnesses (The JDM DOHC F22B was OBDII so I converted the wiring harness to OBDII, I didn't want to chop up the harness again to convert back.)

Ground Wire (I have a really nice one made up, but can't find it for the life of me right now. Hopefully soon I'll find it and get this swapped out.)

Wiring Routing by Brake Master Cylinder and Clutch Master Cylinder

Driver Side Wiring Harness (What I'm trying to show is the body harness plugs mounted on the sub frame. I used and ABS bracket and modified it a little bit to work with the body harness. I then used a nutsert to mount the bracket. This worked out great to mount the wiring harness in the engine bay but keep it out of sight. It's easily accessible from the bottom and somewhat accessible from the top still.)

I still have a few outstanding issues I'm working on.

- Coolant leak (Very minor just found it last night while working on the axle and seal. Just need a new clamp and this is fixed, but I found it after 9pm last night and the parts stores weren't open any longer.)
                        - IACV sticky
                        - Passenger Axle
                        - Replace ground wire to engine
                        - Add another ground wire to engine
                        - Add ground wire from battery to engine
                        - V-Band clamp on exhaust with flex pipe
                        - Clean air filter (Did this last night before bed.)
                        - Add transmission fluid (Drained it last night after I got to see the end of the axle and the groove in the differential.)

There are a few other things if I think of them I'll edit the post and add them but for now this is the big part of the list.)
                        Last edited by Rilas; 05-24-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Looks good. I have the same rotors and they have never warped or anything. Love them a lot! Do you not run a flex pipe on the car?

Comment

Looks good. I have the same rotors and they have never warped or anything. Love them a lot! Do you not run a flex pipe on the car?
                            It has no flex pipe currently. I've had multiple people tell me that when you have a doughnut flange you don't need a flex pipe. Well to hell with all of it, it's time for the v-band and a flex pipe, so the exhaust will be done the correct way now, regardless of how it was done in the past. I'm just sick of exhaust leaks, and this has been one area that I've always had a bit of a leak at no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                              It has no flex pipe currently. I've had multiple people tell me that when you have a doughnut flange you don't need a flex pipe. Well to hell with all of it, it's time for the v-band and a flex pipe, so the exhaust will be done the correct way now, regardless of how it was done in the past. I'm just sick of exhaust leaks, and this has been one area that I've always had a bit of a leak at no matter what.
                              Ya, with no flex I imagine it puts a lot of stress in that area during engine movement. I suppose if someone had no engine movement one could go with no flex, but still needed IMO.

Car looks good though. Do you play cassette tapes in it ?

Comment

Ya, with no flex I imagine it puts a lot of stress in that area during engine movement. I suppose if someone had no engine movement one could go with no flex, but still needed IMO.

Car looks good though. Do you play cassette tapes in it ?
                                Even the guy I trust and does my exhaust work said the if you have the doughnut you don't need the flex pipe. When he made up the mid pipe I even took him a 2.5" Vibrant flex pipe and he chose not to use it. It is getting used this time around though. The engine moves very little so I can't imagine a huge amount of stress. Also the doughnut flange allows some movement in all directions, so it's not like a solid connection with no flex in it all. On my other header I also put on a bracket to tie it to the back of the block like the stock down pipe has. I haven't gotten around to doing that on this header, and I'm not totally sure if I will yet or not. Still somewhat undecided on this. Going to start with the v band connection and go from there.

Sadly the stock stereo system in both SE coupe's have blown out amps rendering the radio's totally useless currently. I need to buy an aftermarket head unit and do some wiring trickery to, get it working. So for the time being it is only there to fill in the gap in the deshboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X