Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda pretty much likes you right now.

I bet you will be happy to get it rolling again. Good to see such a clean ride not get scrapped out.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
      Honda pretty much likes you right now.

I bet you will be happy to get it rolling again. Good to see such a clean ride not get scrapped out.
      Thanks for stopping in! Scrapping it has crossed my mind. To be honest, if I won a small fortune I'd scrap it in a heart beat and put everything on the black coupe. I still don't know if all this work will be worth it in the end. There are some huge holes in the body of this cb7, hopefully a good body shop person can fix them properly. If I can get my rear jack points 100% functional again I'll be happy and continue on.

Comment

Gotta love brand new Honda parts! Looks like you've been putting ALOT of work in lately...can't wait to see your CB rolling again dude. Keep at it!
        Still hustlin that Old Skool.......it never ends.

vv My Member's Ride Thread vv
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123371

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          Thanks for stopping in! Scrapping it has crossed my mind. To be honest, if I won a small fortune I'd scrap it in a heart beat and put everything on the black coupe. I still don't know if all this work will be worth it in the end. There are some huge holes in the body of this cb7, hopefully a good body shop person can fix them properly. If I can get my rear jack points 100% functional again I'll be happy and continue on.
          See feel the other way around. If I had a small fortune I would keep mine and fully fix everything. There is so much time and sweat put into mine, it hurts to think of getting rid of it. They are of the age now that they are earning the grandfather tuner respect, not the original goal of many of us originally but I will take it. I am honestly thinking of fixing my leaks and stancing mine out since it is not daily driven now. It has certainly earned it.
          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

I really don't want to paint these calipers

Comment

It was weird that both tanks are identical but the fuel gauge bobers were different

Making a good one...

Installing the 255lph Walbro pump

ran out of time.....

Comment

Oh ya........

As for that shock tower bolt fubar situation. No store in town has a nut that will thread on to the bolt that goes into the shock tower because of Honda's pitch thread on it.

And I don't have another shock tower I can cut the part off of

Comment

I have one, this part may be worth shipping. You can have it for free. I'll cut it off for you tomorrow.

Comment

Rear disc conversion?
                    1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                      I have one, this part may be worth shipping. You can have it for free. I'll cut it off for you tomorrow.
                      thanks, Sounds good. Either cut the whole U-shape off with the bolt on it or cut the bolt off. I'm assuming you have a spare shock tower around that is totally useless.......

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                      Rear disc conversion?

Yeeep

Comment

thanks, Sounds good. Either cut the whole U-shape off with the bolt on it or cut the bolt off. I'm assuming you have a spare shock tower around that is totally useless.......
                        Yes, I have a few. I'll send photos and will weigh them to estimate shipping. PM your address so I can get an exact number.

Comment

so i need a rear camber kit. And i really wanted to get the SPC camber kit for the upper arm, but i just had a dumb thought. How does one adjust this thing while the car is at the alignment shop, sitting on all 4 wheels, with a alignment thing on the wheel. If you are lowered 2-3" there's no way you are reaching your arm up there. So one would have to jack up the rear, adjust, put back down, check, and repeat :S ?

The other option would be to get lower adjustable LCAs (wicked tuning, etc), but I'm not sure if these will work.

Comment

so i need a rear camber kit. And i really wanted to get the SPC camber kit for the upper arm, but i just had a dumb thought. How does one adjust this thing while the car is at the alignment shop, sitting on all 4 wheels, with a alignment thing on the wheel. If you are lowered 2-3" there's no way you are reaching your arm up there. So one would have to jack up the rear, adjust, put back down, check, and repeat :S ?

The other option would be to get lower adjustable LCAs (wicked tuning, etc), but I'm not sure if these will work.
                            The alignment machine should be a lift, if it isn't don't use it.
                            Last edited by wildBill83; 08-12-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                              The alignment machine should be a lift, if it isn't don't use it.
                              The SPC rear camber is above the tire in the wheel well. No way to reach up there and adjust the nuts with wrenches, etc. I'm assuming they have a way of doing it though.

Ever see anyone use adjustable lower LCAs only for camber adjustments?

Comment

The lift was a combo lift, I had no problem shimming mine while on the lift. There's a frame lift on the lift as well to support the car while adjusting camber.

Comment

Working...
                                X