EXT: Custom black housing headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeDgE
    Ok, I figured clearcoating it afterwards would help, guess I was mistaken. Just curious though, have you guys tried this in order to confirm light output is seriously diminished (isn't this what fizzbob7 did?)? I think it'd look alot better than just painting the bottom and sides black, IMO. My apologies for being a pain about this...
    haha no probs.

Well...if you really really want to get deep down into it and find out for yerself, try this. Buy a cheap medium sized flashlight. Remove the top and the lense cover and bulb.

Paint the reflector flat black with clearcoat, or just gloss black. Compare the before and after.

There's a reason why they use chrome on all lighting reflectors be it on a car, a lighthouse, or anything having to reflect light. If you have projectors, on the other hand, it wouldn't matter what you did with the surrounding areas, since nothing needs to be reflected...light is being projected from inside the projector reflector itself.

My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
      Ok, I figured clearcoating it afterwards would help, guess I was mistaken. Just curious though, have you guys tried this in order to confirm light output is seriously diminished (isn't this what fizzbob7 did?)? I think it'd look alot better than just painting the bottom and sides black, IMO. My apologies for being a pain about this...
      haha no probs.

Well...if you really really want to get deep down into it and find out for yerself, try this. Buy a cheap medium sized flashlight. Remove the top and the lense cover and bulb.

Paint the reflector flat black with clearcoat, or just gloss black. Compare the before and after.

There's a reason why they use chrome on all lighting reflectors be it on a car, a lighthouse, or anything having to reflect light. If you have projectors, on the other hand, it wouldn't matter what you did with the surrounding areas, since nothing needs to be reflected...light is being projected from inside the projector reflector itself.

My members ride thread

Comment

Yeah I definitely needto get my stock heasdlights shipped to me, so I can try this.. ooo my they look good, muy props

Comment

when my mom leaves her house so she wont freak out about car parts in the oven, im gonna def. do this diy. it makes them look so good. damnit, im on the bandwagon..
          92 lx
          automatic
          slow

but its clean!..kinda

Comment

aha a new convert to the school of blackhousing headlights

Comment

us original blackhousers are being overrun!
              MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
              i pulled over and looked under the hood.
              the engine was still there...
              ...silly light!

Comment

Originally posted by blamethepunx
                us original blackhousers are being overrun!
                imitation is the best form of flattery

Comment

Originally posted by blkhonda1991
                  imitation is the best form of flattery
                  being original is the best way to not be like everyone else

yeah i think its cool that everyone is beautifying their Cb7's, i just miss the days when people double-take my car and say "whoa, is it SUPPOSED to be like that?!?!?! looks GOOD!!!"
                  MEMBER'S RIDE

...silly light!

Comment

Originally posted by blamethepunx
                    being original is the best way to not be like everyone else

yeah i think its cool that everyone is beautifying their Cb7's, i just miss the days when people double-take my car and say "whoa, is it SUPPOSED to be like that?!?!?! looks GOOD!!!"
                    im with you on that, i was the only one ive ever seen in person with it until i did PM's headlights, it just looks so hot people do a double take anyway when an all black front end comes into their rearview mirror hehe

Comment

Im such a Biter

I did mine today cant wait to put them on 2morrow

H23?

Comment

i got my JDM one pieces this morning... gonna black em up and stick em on the ryde mmmmm H4 goodness
                        MEMBER'S RIDE

...silly light!

Comment

whatsz with those pics?

hardly can see them

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

My camera was 20 bills at Wal-mart my bad

H23?

Comment

My camera was 20 bills at Wal-mart my bad

H23?

Comment

nice!!

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Working...
                                X