Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

glossy white or frost white????????????
    got it norroed to this two.
    in ur expert oppinion what u think i should use?
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

without seeing them -- i would think frost white just because I am assuming your blending to original paint -- and the glossy + a gloss clear may turn out to be a little obvious (but like i said i can't see the paint so i don't know)

when you fix the car -- don't forget to scuff sand around the damage so you can blend your paint, btw

ha ha you called me an expert -- thanks

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

my hood has a small ding in it do i HAVE to fix it?
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          my hood has a small ding in it do i HAVE to fix it?
          are you trying to be an ass or are you being serious?

If you're being serious Ill just say this -- if you're painting the whole car you may as well -- stupid little shit like that can make or break a great paint job, imo

Comment

No i was being serious, i'm lazy lol. I wouldn't be an ass to you cause i already gave u a :handshake: I guess it won't be that hard tho. Now to decide on midnight blue or a nice black.

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

thought so -- but think of it this way: youre doing the rest of the car and it's way more worth the little extra time to fix the ding now that be kicking yourself in the ass half a grand and a few long days later when your car's finished but you keep seeing that flaw

Comment

Originally posted by luvmyGen4
                thought so -- but think of it this way: youre doing the rest of the car and it's way more worth the little extra time to fix the ding now that be kicking yourself in the ass half a grand and a few long days later when your car's finished but you keep seeing that flaw
                yes maam...10char

Comment

no prob, good luck - God knows Im here if you have any more questions, SIR

...call me ma'am you're older than me ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by luvmyGen4
                    without seeing them -- i would think frost white just because I am assuming your blending to original paint -- and the glossy + a gloss clear may turn out to be a little obvious (but like i said i can't see the paint so i don't know)

when you fix the car -- don't forget to scuff sand around the damage so you can blend your paint, btw

ha ha you called me an expert -- thanks
                    my car has the same colour as accordtunex. on his threat he said that the frost white wasnt' that good. it only looked better when he added the clear coat.
                    i'll buy both of them and see whats up.
                    thanks for the reply

Comment

well like i said, if you're wary of the outcome - do a test piece first, just like you would with anything

and you're gonna want to clear coat whatever you do, for protection purposes ...

...thats the best help i can give you for aerosol spray paint, just based on my general knowledge of paint

good luck

Comment

What Pressure to use....

15 - 20 psi, 6 - 10 inches away is how we do it

Comment

yo dude. when i replaced the door i got it from a 10th anivercary accord or it was a se model.
                          which mean the door molding is white and it looks like plastick.
                          but my car is a 90 ex. with the black moldings.

what shouldi do in order to paint this molding black.
                          should i sand itfirst?
                          what kind of paint should i use.? automotive pain for cars or the pain that they have for plastic?????

Comment

um i heard that paint fades after awhile especially with our older cars so its like really hard to match up paint for touch ups how can i match my paint closely?
                            The Car

Comment

Originally posted by jus_business932
                              um i heard that paint fades after awhile especially with our older cars so its like really hard to match up paint for touch ups how can i match my paint closely?
                              repaint your whole car.

but if you're stuck on touching up - you taper Into the spots where you do the body fill and scuff sand AROUND the repair area so that you can "blend the paint" onto the whole panel

It's still gonna show - although I don't know how much it will show with white

Comment

if im gonna paint it im gonna paint it myself...
                                either spray paint or spray gun (much more expensive)
                                or do all the body work and send it to maaco to get it repainted white

*i was thinking i wanna paint it black so bad the thing holding me back is the fact that the value of my car will drop significantly due to the fact that under the hood and the rest of the body thats not painted will remain black...

tips, sugguestions?
                                The Car

Comment

Working...
                                X