No announcement yet.

EXT: Hood Stand-off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clarify, this isn't a cowl induction mod at all, its for underhood temps. A cowl induction system, to be truly effective, has to be sealed right to the air intake. That's why it worked so well on the old muscle cars with carbs sitting on the center of the motor. They sealed the aircleaner to the hood with a foam gasked and left a path to the windshield allowing the motor only to suck in that air. With the air intake location on a CB, there will be no cowl induction effect. Also for anyone that talks about cars that have cowl hoods and don't have sealed intakes, while that helps, a lot of people also run them so they can use high rise intake manifolds. My cousin's Monte needs a cowl hood because his engine is too high.

Comment

iv been thinking about doing this with mine, i just dont like the way it looks. my engine bay gets extreemly hot from the turbo, in fact the are above my manifold is warping slowly but surely. im gonna pick up a DSM heatsheild and some head resistant hood liner and see if that helps any before i make my hood look like it doesnt fit.

but it DOES work

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

it does work but what about water? doesn't it enter the engine bay? this should be my next 5-minute-mod !
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

honestly i dont know if water enters.. maybe.. maybe not.. but during rainy days.. my car hasnt been affected.. my cars been like this since last year.. and nothing has happend.. so i really dont know.. i dont think so.. but then again i think some could go in.. but to me ish all good
          MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
          1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
          1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

EDIT:
            it also depends how high u put it.. the one on my sig was my old height.. then i raised it.. u can see the difference between the one my sig and the pic i posted on this thread
            MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

yeah it's all good! my homies, esp the ones with turbo, always do this. to me it kinda ruins the lines of the car but i guess i'd rather sacrifice looks for performance and in this case reliability.

they use nylon risers with extended bolts all bought from ace hardware LOL.
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

ye.. fa sho
                MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

Comment

might as well couble post my pic from today here too...

RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Always great to see more DIY's on here! Very interesting to say the least. I wouldn't do it for 2 reasons, 1. Rain=Not suppose to be in engine bay, 2. Keeping SOME heat in your engine bay is a GOOD thing. However, Great job.
                    My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

its some jdm ishnit...some people just dont understand...errmm...

i used some skate board bushings on mah homies ej...

Aiko (then) & Ayu (now)

Comment

i saw an old BMW with that mod....

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

you should make the mod where your hood hinges are at the front so when you open the hood you do it from the back up and it stands at the front of the car

like this /__ instead of the original way __\

Comment

That would create more turbulence under the hood(bad for intake) and wind resistance(bad for aerodynamics).

Not a good suggestion.
                            -Jay

Comment

what would? my suggestion or the hood stand off idea.

im gonna do the hood stand off ... looks hawt..

Comment

I apologize, I thought you were saying to lift the hood in the front, instead of near the windshield. My bad dude. Your idea would work as well.
                                -Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X