No announcement yet.

EXT: All-red Taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transparent cherry red i believe was the name...just go to a local hobby shop and take a look at the paints
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I used KRYLON Transparent Stained Glass paint, works and turned out great, was $5.99 at the Hobby Lobby (craft store) here. There wasnt any color name on it, it just had a red cap. They look alot better since I redid them.

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Sweet...thanks

I am juiced to get home and do this DYI this weekend. Also I have a second set of corners, so I am going to do the amber also. That way I have clear honeycomb corners and also all amber corners. That way I can switch whenever I want.

Comment

testors transparent candy apple red @ wal mart. the capitalist pig dog bastards.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGGEN
            well i took the idea of painting my all clear tail lights and took it on a wild spin...ill have pics up tommorow if i can figure out how to post them on here but since the car club i have is called TRIBAL i said to myself...."self, do a tribal design on your tail lights, be original." and i did. they look good i think better than the usual Flames on the tail lights you see at some mini truck shows.
            tools: masking tape
            hobby set of scalpels
            testors red transparent paint
            testors pearl clear coat

hey Drag those lights look kick ass...I have a suggestion though..you should paint the area around the flames black...that would look nasty at night
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

yeah im gonna take them apart again and spray tint the inside so they look dark i have so many bags of just stuff i have to do...lol oh well it got cold again so i got some time...that and i havent licensed the car yet so it only make local around the block trips as of late.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

I stopped at walmart, a thrift store, home depot, and ace hardware and no one knew what transparent paint was. I am going to order it from online.

Comment

Originally posted by do0dfromcali
                  I stopped at walmart, a thrift store, home depot, and ace hardware and no one knew what transparent paint was. I am going to order it from online.
                  Go to a hobby store...like Micheals, Hobby Lobby, if you have those, and hobby store...and find the glass paint...all stained glass/glass paints are transparent. They will have it, trust me.

Jay
                  Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

I stopped at Michael's, but they didn't have it. I was pretty surprised. I will check a hobby store next weekend.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

hers is mine i did mine life 4 month ago,go to walt mart in the model car sections it was hard to fine for me it was testors
                      transparent candy apple red and clear coat i did 2 coats and 2 coats of clear coat i saw also they had transparent gloss white its at walmart but it just take a while to find it but it there the people wont know what the hell you talking about just ask for the model car section. its like 3 something a bottle i think
                      Last edited by hpaccord91; 04-12-2004, 11:23 PM.

(\__/)
                      (O.o )
                      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

sorry guys I read all did red only
                        anyone did tint (black) . or smoked
                        what paint should I get? are there black tint stained glass paint

I have a 90 , I want to smoked the yellow part and leave the red part .. if anyone has pic of it as a reference of how would it look like , I appreciate it

Comment

highrevs22 did a black cherry:

Originally posted by HighRevs22

Step 1.) Remove tailights
                          Step 2.) Clean tailights with a degreaser, lightly sand with extremely fine grit sand paper, then clean again with the degreaser and a lint-less cloth. Let dry.
                          Step 3.) Tape off any part you don't want painted, such as the black trim pieces on the outter edges and the reverse lights.
                          Step 4.) Use Testors Transparent Candy Apple Red hobby spray paint. (can be found at hobby shops or in the Walmart hobby section- goes for about $3 per can)
                          Step 5.) Spray paint on tails lightly, in a back and forth motion releasing your fiinger from the nozzle after each pass- do this from about 10-12 inches away.
                          Step 6.) Give each coat about 10 -15 minutes to dry, thne repeat until amber color on the tailight is gone
                          Step 7.) (optional) apply Testors clear coat (found in the same section at the store) for added protection against car washing and UV Rays
                          Step 8.) Let fully dry, take off masking tape and re-install

Side note: I used this and then tinted the red with Niteshades black tailight tint (can be found at your local tuner or speed shop) and applied as much as i thought was right for my taste. It goes for about 10-12 per can, made by VHT.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

yeah niteshades thats it .. I want to try it
                            I am afraid I might screw up so I browse around first and I found this look suit me best

I aimed for that looks ..
                            hopefully it'll turn out good
                            thats blkhonda1991 rides from honda society
                            if anyone could get a contact info of him I'd like to ask him something
                            Last edited by valent|n0; 04-18-2004, 02:57 AM.

Comment

I did mine except ONLY sprayed the amber part of it. I didn't touch the red part. I only used 3 coats then baked it on in the oven.

The paint number is 1605 and is Testors Transparent candy apple red it is in a lil spray can. attached is a pic. It costs 2.47 here. It is under all the lil jars of paint in the model car isle. don't spend all that money and buy if online.
                              Attached Files
                              "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                              sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                              Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                              Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

is one small can enuf for 2 lights? (4 pcs)

I tried Paint store and Crappy tire and rona here in canada
                                no luck finding the niteshades / transparent black

Comment

Working...
                                X