-12mm wrech
    -flat head screw driver
    -phillips screw driver
    -long nose pliers
    -box cutter
    -6mm allen wrench
    -sand paper
    -electric tape
    -24inch wire(only had some speaker wires in hand )
    -silicone adhesive sealant
    -1 self threading philips screw

REAR BUMPER REMOVAL:
    -remove all visible philips screws on both left and right side of the rear bumper

-from underneath the bumper, you should see a plastic cap covering the nut for the bumper support(1 on each side), pry out plastic retaining clips with the use of a flat head screw driver.

-remove the nut with the use of your 12mm wrench.

-while under the bumper, you should see 3 plastic retaining clips, remove them by using a self threading screw. screw in securely and pull it with your pliers, the plug should come with the screw. then pry out the retaining clip with a flat head screw driver.

-from inside the trunk, you should find 2 rubber plugs covering the last 2 12mm nuts holding the bumper.

-you are now ready to slide out the bumper away from the car. lay it down on some towels to avoid messing up the paint on your bumper.

EF REAR FOG INSTALL:
    -separate the inner bumper support from the bumper cover by removing the plastic retaining clips with the above mentioned method. there are 12retaining clips (3 at the bottom and 9 on top).

-in an OEM 90-91 rear bumper, you should see an outline on where to cut (i just used some white chalk to clearly define the outline).

-with the use of your Dremel and a steady hand, follow the outline and cut away. sand down any rough edges manually and you'll get to this..

-test fit your EDM EF rear fog and make the necessary adjustments.

-cut the styrofoam padding of the bumper with the use of a box cutter to accomodate the rear fog. i also had to cut a portion of the rear fog housing for it to sit flush with the bumper support installed.

-use a 6mm allen wrench to remove 4bolts holding the rebar from the bumper frame. cut through the fiberglass rebar as it will push the rear fog out if you don't. on the pic, you should only cut on the highlighted area(cut too much on mine and there's no way of glueing it back!). also, there might be a way not to leave out one of the allen screw, but it was too late in my case when i thought of it.

** if you have another tool for cutting fiberglass, use it. i only had a dremel on hand and cutting through the fiberglass rebar added a good hour on my install).

-run your wires through this grommet and fill it with some silicone.

-put everything back together. stand back and admire your work.

questions, comments, suggestions.. post it up..
    Last edited by casterX; 09-06-2008, 12:21 AM.

What are these for?
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
      What are these for?
      search and you shall find..
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=rear+fog

Comment

hmm i see you utilized the bracket with the foglight housing. care to share how u attached that to the bumper. is that tapping screws i see??
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
          hmm i see you utilized the bracket with the foglight housing. care to share how u attached that to the bumper. is that tapping screws i see??

tapping screws were used and screwed in to a spacer to fill in the gap from the bumper cover and the bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by casterX

Cool. Nice!
            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

holy shit this is nice!!!

Wish it was around when i did mine!!

Nice write up dood...props it looks good!!

Now if i could find the time to wire mine up....did you do that yet? if so how did you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                holy shit this is nice!!!

Wish it was around when i did mine!!

Nice write up dood...props it looks good!!

Now if i could find the time to wire mine up....did you do that yet? if so how did you do it?

thanks!
                temporarily i just wired it up to the tail light. it turns ON when the park lights are swiched ON. though i have the OEM rear fog switch but then i have no where in the dash to place them .

i already have an idea where to, but have yet to work on it. and that will be on another DIY thread

Comment

thanks!
                  temporarily i just wired it up to the tail light. it turns ON when the park lights are swiched ON. though i have the OEM rear fog switch but then i have no where in the dash to place them .

i already have an idea where to, but have yet to work on it. and that will be on another DIY thread

Your not going to make use of the center console?? Thats where i wanted to put mine, where the 4 slots are.

Well im gonna keep my eye out because i gotta get mine wired up!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                    Your not going to make use of the center console?? Thats where i wanted to put mine, where the 4 slots are.

Well im gonna keep my eye out because i gotta get mine wired up!

i have a 91'.. NO slots on the center console.. yea, i wish!

Comment

i have a 91'.. NO slots on the center console.. yea, i wish!
                      Oh damn my bad...

Comment

Nice diy i have been pondering whether i should get rear fogs.
                        Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

that is a long awaited diy
                          wow i did not know that were was an outline on where to cut cool

very very nice job
                          H22 fund = 3000 hopefully soon My Member's Ride Thread

Canon XTI | 28-135mm IS USM | 18-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 II

Comment

^^Thanks!

Comment

Oh snap! You did an excellant job explaining everything! I wish this was here when I did mine. You got some additional parts that I didn't get. You have some sort of red rubber half-light condom and a mounting bracket that holds the light housing to the bumper. Mine is just pressure fit and so far it hasn't fallen out The wires would keep it from going far, but I wasn't too happy with that part. I have seen other solutions though. I never thought i would hate taking my rear bumper off so much. Corrosion caused some of my bolts to snap and those damn plastic clips! Jeez those things are a huge PITA! I had to replace all of mine. I dunno if the rear bumper rebar is different in the US, but my Canadian one had to be modified to keep from pushing the light out of the bumper. I hated doing that. Cutting that fiberglass rebar wasn't fun.

Anyways, I was going to do a DIY, but yours looks awesome!

CB3 formerly hondaracer33

Comment

Working...
                              X