Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Million mile joe uses Honda oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Million mile joe uses Honda oil?

I bet that this is not true, if he did have his oil changed at the dealer they usually use bulk drum oil.

" Of course the real key is not only driving a lot and carefully, but maintaining his Honda Accord. Joe takes great care to insure his car runs well. He follows his owners manual and maintenance schedule precisely. He checks his fluids weekly and will switch them every year. He uses 10W-30 oil in the summer and 5W-30 oil in the winter and makes sure to stick with the same brand. He changes his oil every 5,000 miles. He won't let his oil get low, never letting it go below a quart. He uses genuine Honda oil, air, and fuel filters. In addition, he changes the brake fluid every few years, and does not let his fuel tank go almost “Empty.”
    91 Accord LX 5-speed
    93 Accord LX 5-speed

It says he uses genuine Honda oil, air and fuel filters. It says nothing about Honda oil, Honda doesn't make oil.

Comment

"uses genuine Honda oil, air and fuel filters" meaning he uses Honda oem filters, not oil.

Jesus, first it was spelling/grammar and now reading comprehension too? What gives? People today have no sense....
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
        He uses genuine Honda oil, air, and fuel filters.
        No, it means he uses Honda branded Oil, air, AND fuel filters.

So that would mean he uses oil, and both air and fuel filters from Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by HelmHoltz View Post
          I bet that this is not true, if he did have his oil changed at the dealer they usually use bulk drum oil.
          You seriously think you can't get Genuine Honda oil in bulk?

Either way the wording is deceiving, I'd bet he used Genuine Honda oil and Honda filter.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
            You seriously think you can't get Genuine Honda oil in bulk?

Either way the wording is deceiving, I'd bet he used Genuine Honda oil and Honda filter.
            I always see pennzoil or quakerstate in bulk drums for their oil changes!
            91 Accord LX 5-speed
            93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

I don't find it deceiving.

He used commas for god sakes lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                I don't find it deceiving.

He used commas for god sakes lol.
                Yeah but the noun in the sentence is filter, so words like "oil, air and fuel" are meant in a descriptive fashion. What, does he use genuine Honda air too?

Lol
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  No, it means he uses Honda branded Oil, air, AND fuel filters.

So that would mean he uses oil, and both air and fuel filters from Honda.

With that logic he is also using genuine honda air, i didn't know honda produced air.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                    ... What, does he use genuine Honda air too?

Lol
                    Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    With that logic he is also using genuine honda air, i didn't know honda produced air.
                    this is the exact thing that went through my head. genuine honda air how much does that cost a cubic foot
                    ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

It clearly says "Manufactured by ExxonMobil" on the bottle of oil posted above. Nothing special about it.

Quit posting useless questions and go wrench on your car. You'll actually learn something. Wrenching leads to buying parts, which allows you to talk to professionals in the field, which leads to real answers to your questions.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Wow.

Obv its meant to say air and fuel filters.

Its the oil part i was referring to.

They do make "air"filters.

Comment

At least he did not use this:

High Performance Engine Oil "VT-α"

Packaging : 1L resin bottle

Product No.: 90000-XYC -5W40-B2

5W-40 100% synthetic engine oil
                          91 Accord LX 5-speed
                          93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Are we that bored that we have to talk about Honda Joe? and the oil he uses?

Comment

This isn't the first time someone has posted about "Honda" motor oil. Common sense is apparently a rare commodity on the internet
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X