Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

honda accord 1990 clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honda accord 1990 clutch

What's up every body. got a problem with my clutch installed it a couple weeks ago bleed it felt fine drove it around the block parked it. I was driving it today and the pedal lost all pressure barley made it home anybody have any ideas what the problem could be please thanks for the help

Check your clutch fluid reservoir, see if it's low on fluid. If it is check all the clutch lines for fluid drips and what not. Also check the clutch master cylinder in the foot panel for leaks, and the slave cylinder in front of the transmission. It's a small black cylinder that is next to the fork. If you find that a line is loose, I'd recommend getting one of those flare wrenches that keeps from stripping the nut cause they're a pain in the ass to work with once damaged.

Comment

okay I will. btw I replaced the slave cylinder before I did the clutch thought that was the problem I think it's a leak in the Im going to check the master right now

Comment

You probably didn't bleed the system correctly. I had that issue myself. Literally took me YEARS to finally get it working. I bled it a dozen times. Used a hand bleeder, air compressor, pumped it by hand. Installed two brand new sets of master and slave cylinders.
        My friend came over and used a large pipe to pry at the shifter fork at the slave cylinder. That was the only thing that worked.

The issue wasn't likely due to you replacing the clutch (unless the fork popped out of the throwout bearing.) It's due to you changing the slave cylinder.

Also, you should always replace the master and slave at the same time. I say replace that master cylinder, and then take care to bleed everything properly.

Comment

^^^ x2. Both CB's I've owned have had the pedal stuck to the floor problem from pressure loss. It's a PITA to get the hydraulic pressure built up in the clutch lines. If you can, have a friend pump and stuff while you break open and tighten the bleeder on the slave cylinder. It goes by x100 faster.

Comment

I had this problem 2 weeks ago. Replaced clutch, master and slave and braided line. At first the pedal just wouldn't return to the normal height. I would just pull it out manually with my foot.
            Then on friday I had no clutch pressure and couldn't put it in gear at all.
            Put the old master back in and now all is good.

Deev's point of pushing in the slave is a good idea. However I just took the top off the master and pushed it in with my hand. And i'm not extremely strong.

Could merely be a bad part. IF the old stuff worked and you are confident you bled it correctly You might want to put the old part back In.

steve

Comment

i have always pumed fluid through the slave back to resy til i quit seeing bubbles. That always gives me pressure at the pedal. Then i bleed it conventional way by pumping the pedal an bleeding about three to four times an it has never failed me. Back bleeding is easier way to force fluid in lines an air out without all that pumping the pedal mess

Comment

Originally posted by ugafan001 View Post
                i have always pumed fluid through the slave back to resy til i quit seeing bubbles. That always gives me pressure at the pedal. Then i bleed it conventional way by pumping the pedal an bleeding about three to four times an it has never failed me. Back bleeding is easier way to force fluid in lines an air out without all that pumping the pedal mess
                i also did mine this way worked great...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Get a braided line from Rywire.com. Bypass the accumulator on the clutch line. I replaced everything before i did the line. Bled it 1 time and bam, good to go

Comment

1990 honda clutch line

so I got a problem. my dumb cousin put power steering fluid in the reservoir I was driving for about 30 mins and the pedal went to floor couldn't get it in gear. can I just bleed it and put clutch fluid in will it be fine after that or do I have to do more thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kwes View Post
                      so I got a problem. my dumb cousin put power steering fluid in the reservoir I was driving for about 30 mins and the pedal went to floor couldn't get it in gear. can I just bleed it and put clutch fluid in will it be fine after that or do I have to do more thanks
                      You probably might need to flush it all out to be on the safe side. I hated bleeding my clutch..

Comment

Pump a large bottle of brake fluid through the system to clean it out. Hopefully lasting damage hasn't been done.

Comment

About 16 years ago, a local shop mistakenly used power steering fluid when I got a brake job on my cb7 (Bought car in 1996). I think it drove for a day or two before issues arose. It ended up f'ing up my MC and SC. I say hurry and flush it out.
                          Last edited by Tishock; 08-18-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

alright thanks. hopefully it will be alright gonna do the rack and pinion this week also kind of scared on the count had my cousin do some work and come to find out he monkey rigged a lot of shit to get paid faster thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                            X