No announcement yet.

oneoffaccord : 1992 Accord EX (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had these photos for over a month or two now. The process you see is a completely stripped chassis. Yea theres junk or parts in the trunk and cabin area but this has no suspension, no gas tank, no nothing. even started to cut out the rust also. more on that later

Comment

You might want to keep an eye on the rear jack stands. I placed stands in the same spot on my integra and frame rails collapsed a bit. Now I have some large dents
      Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
        You might want to keep an eye on the rear jack stands. I placed stands in the same spot on my integra and frame rails collapsed a bit. Now I have some large dents
        it should be fine. its very solid back there. thanks for the input. ill check it out next time im working on it

Comment

Heres some more pics of the rust removal. The left side which isnt as bad as the right side. First i ended up grinding away at rust and started small to see how bad and good the area is. Then drilled out the spotwells then cut out the effected area,

Comment

I envy your engine bay, Sick progress. When I pull my H out, I plan on touching it up as well.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

nice , i see your getting back into it. flawless!!!!!

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                I envy your engine bay, Sick progress. When I pull my H out, I plan on touching it up as well.
                no i envy your bay. its very clean and on point. it may not be shaved and blah blah buts well put together

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
                nice , i see your getting back into it. flawless!!!!!
                thanks never left, just took a long ass vacation lmao

Comment

I have some more pics of the car. Heres the right side. Wish i couldve gotten more pics but you get the idea.

I couldve cut more off the quarter panel but its still good, I didnt wanna do more work and have panel to be warped and so on. Less is better

Comment

awesome work larry

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      awesome work larry
                      Thanks mike, sucks that we are both far from each other, not like the good ol days. hanging out in the garage bull shitting about car and life shit

Comment

Hey Larry, what do you use to clean the engine out? I.e. Degreaser or just a pressure washer?

Btw progress looks great and I have always been a fan of your work, the attention to detail is inspiring.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          Hey Larry, what do you use to clean the engine out? I.e. Degreaser or just a pressure washer?

Btw progress looks great and I have always been a fan of your work, the attention to detail is inspiring.

Degreaser and soap (dishwash soap) just to clean the engine bay. Since im painting the bay i used the same method but just added wetsand paper.

Thanks for the love,.im deff putting in more attention to detail in this build than before

Comment

Heres a lil update, last week i was in NC for vacation. Ended up hitting up the local junkyard and ended up getting what i was looking for. PIcked up the rear subframe and toe eccentrics for the rear suspension. Gas tank straps and fuel filler neck. My previous rear subframe i gave to my brother which he as a 93 SE 4dr. So i needed a replacement which wasnt rusted, so i got a RUST-FREE subframe. I will be sending all suspension parts to the powdercoater in the next few months. Still no rush at all.

As for the fuel filler neck i didnt think i needed one but lucky i did. Because the one thats on my car now is rusted. Gas tank straps are in great shape and also are not rusted. The ones on my car i believe i threw them out, probably cause they are rusted. So another plus in this build..

I will have more updates next week when i go down to my parents house for the weekend.

Last edited by oneoffaccord; 02-22-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Nice ! Pretty good condition.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
                                Nice ! Pretty good condition.
                                Thanks, they are in great condition, cant complain at all. Cant wait fot this weekend to work on the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X