Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4000watt amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4000watt amp

have anyone heard of a legacy amp that so calls have 4000 watts???

Originally posted by souanpc View Post
    have anyone heard of a legacy amp that so calls have 4000 watts???
    Why? The human ear couldn't even come close to hearing half that!

4000 watts .. lol! Kids that are 18 years old today, are all gonna be wearing hearing aids at the age of 35.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

... your ear can't hear half of 4000 watts? Let me go grab a 2000 watt tweeter and put your ear to it, see if you can hear it...

Anyway, the amp won't put out anywhere NEAR that power. They have a 2 channel amp that claims 4000 watts, but it has 2 50 amp fuses. So it can handle 100 amps of current draw before the fuse breaks. 100 amps of current draw on a 14.4 volt power system means a maximum of 1440 watts before the fuses pop. And that's the maximum power the amplifier can draw, once you account for efficiency you realize you're down closer to 1100 watts before the fuse blows.

So the fuses will pop at 1100 watts. You won't legitimately see more than 7 to 800 watts out of that amp, and THAT will be pushing the amp a lot. It's much closer to a 5 or 600 watt amp. Their claims are absolute bull, you will never get that power out of the amplifier.
      Last edited by Sarthos; 01-16-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

alright thanks guys for the info...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
          ... your ear can't hear half of 4000 watts? Let me go grab a 2000 watt tweeter and put your ear to it, see if you can hear it...

Anyway, the amp won't put out anywhere NEAR that power. They have a 2 channel amp that claims 4000 watts, but it has 2 50 amp fuses. So it can handle 100 amps of current draw before the fuse breaks. 100 amps of current draw on a 14.4 volt power system means a maximum of 1440 watts before the fuses pop. And that's the maximum power the amplifier can draw, once you account for efficiency you realize you're down closer to 1100 watts before the fuse blows.

So the fuses will pop at 1100 watts. You won't legitimately see more than 7 to 800 watts out of that amp, and THAT will be pushing the amp a lot. It's much closer to a 5 or 600 watt amp. Their claims are absolute bull, you will never get that power out of the amplifier.
          very well put
          It irritates me that company's do that shit. Planet audio has a so called 1500 watt amp in there anarchy line, and the damn thing has a single 25 watt fuse. Rediculous. And people buy this crap thinking they have somethin

on another note, if you really need 4k actual watts(highly doubt it in a cb7) memphis car audio has a great one. We have actually sold quite a few. However, plan on spending a ton of money on upgrading your electrical system, and good luck with your setup. We ran 12 15" m3's in our boom room off this single amp and the damn thing never quit.

Stay away from cheap car audio, do it right with quality, and you will be much more pleased

Comment

yeah thanks, im still looking around not sure for what to get yet...lol...

Comment

It's sad, Planet Audio used to be some really nice stuff, the majority of my amplifiers I've ever had have been theirs. The anarchy torq and apocalypse lines are all junk, their older stuff is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by -zixxer- View Post
                on another note, if you really need 4k actual watts(highly doubt it in a cb7)

Electrical upgrades??
                I think I'll make this 1.2kF capacitor

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

You running close to 4 kw? I always thought less.

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

Electrical upgrades??
                    I think I'll make this 1.2kF capacitor
                    lol ok well maybe you get away with a cap, however have you seen the kind of current a 4 k memphis draws?

I honestly don't run caps, i like battery's/high current anlternators, etc. I only run a 300/4 and 1000/1 gains set pretty low, and i am running a second battery and new alternator.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                      You running close to 4 kw? I always thought less.
                      If I ran all 4 ohm speakers and 2 ohm subs I'd be at around 3500 ish
                      But I have 8 ohm speakers and the subs will be 2 ohms so that's 600 for the front and 2000 for subs

Originally posted by -zixxer- View Post
                      lol ok well maybe you get away with a cap, however have you seen the kind of current a 4 k memphis draws?

I honestly don't run caps, i like battery's/high current anlternators, etc. I only run a 300/4 and 1000/1 gains set pretty low, and i am running a second battery and new alternator.
                      I'm not a fan of caps, but I like trying stuff and who can really say no to a 1200F homemade cap+upgraded alt+upgraded battery?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

you would also have to take a look at the rms of the amp. when companies claim their wattage their talking about the PEAK not the rms which is what counts. nobody is going to go around and play their subs or speakers at full power unless their stupid

Comment

You could, but I have a strong feeling this amp either doesn't list RMS power, or doesn't even put out the RMS it claims.

How you plan on making a 1200F cap?

Comment

Do you remember my post on DIYMA??

If you wire 6 2.7 volt 1200F caps in series, you'll essentially get a 16.2V 1200F cap for less than $200 I believe. That's diy'ing for ya.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Let me do the math lol

1/Ceq=1/C1+1/C2+1/C3+1/C4+1/C5+1/C6
                              C1=C2=C3=C4=C5=C6
                              1/Ceq=1/C1+1/C1+1/C1+1/C1+1/C1+1/C1
                              1/Ceq=6/C1
                              1=6Ceq/C1
                              C1=6Ceq
                              Ceq=C1/6
                              Ceq=3000F/6=500F... where are you getting 1200?
                              Last edited by Sarthos; 01-18-2011, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X