Wiper blade recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper blade recommendations?

I tend to get suckered in by gimmicks and fancy packaging... and I also tend to buy the worst wipers ever. I'm currently hating my $30 pair of Duralast Aero blades.

What blades do you guys thing are best? I need something that will hold up to ice and snow, as well as rain.

ive tried them all. ill stick to oem inserts.
    COUPE K24

Comment

I've been using the RainX blades that have the articulated frame similar to OEM. To minimize wiper usage, I try to keep my windshield clean and regularly treated with RainX.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Suck it up Deev and buy OEM housings, because you know the dumb owners before you threw away the frames. The initial invest is going to be around $25 per side. But after that the OEM inserts are less than $5 each and are better quality and more durable than almost any else I've used. Sticking with OEM will save you money in the long run on wiper blades and most likely keep you happy. Also when they start to wear it's not a big deal to sink $10, as opposed to $20-60 for new RainX/Bosch/Whatever.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Will OEM inserts fit in the RainX frames? I guess I could buy a set and try them.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

What fleetw00d said is the most key component to blades being able to perform well. Keep the windshield slick with that RainX stuff, and the cheapest blades in the world will still do the trick.

Also, remember not to do things like I did today (didn't have a choice at the time) and not turn your wipers on when the windshield has visible mud/dirt on it.

My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              Also, remember not to do things like I did today (didn't have a choice at the time) and not turn your wipers on when the windshield has visible mud/dirt on it.
              Need to come up with a high capacity, high pressure windshield washer system.

Comment

Originally posted by jarrett View Post
                what Fleetw00d Said Is The Most Key Component To Blades Being Able To Perform Well. Keep The Windshield Slick With That Rainx Stuff, And The Cheapest Blades In The World Will Still Do The Trick.

Also, Remember Not To Do Things Like I Did Today (didn't Have A Choice At The Time) And Not Turn Your Wipers On When The Windshield Has Visible Mud/dirt On It.

Git R Dun!
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I like using the RainX water repellent spray so the water beads off with even the shittiest wiper blades lol.
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

I need to try this Rain X coating!
                    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I bought OEM for my Accord back in 2012 and have only had to replace inserts once since, probably due for some but I drive it like 5k a year now so i'll buy some fresh ones when I take it out of storage. Since I live in MI, I'll probably need to invest in more wiper blades compared to AZ lol.

I did just buy some Lexus OE blades for my LS400 today....surprisingly only $20 each side, so I'll be able to use refills from now on. The RainX ones wouldn't clear my low cowl and the michelin ones I bought at walmart, I had to bend the frame on to fit my pass. side arm. So I said screw it, not dealing with poor fitting aftermarket crap anymore.

Funny thing is, every aftermarket company lists a 22" blade for my driver side, and Lexus sold me a 24" one that actually swipes all the way to the top of the window perfectly.

So if you go OEM, they might have improved the design over the years, allowing you to use a longer blade like in my case. Plus its got the Lexus logo on them.

Excellent coverage when swiping going all the way to the top of the windshield

Longer driverside blade fits nicely and doesn't overlap with pass. side

perfect fit! no bending of the frame of the wiper

poor fitment michelin, I had to bend with my pliers to clear the curve of the Lexus arm...which led to rusting
                      Last edited by Losiracer2; 02-11-2018, 02:07 AM.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I second (or third) religiously using RainX. I used it on all of my glass, from windshield to side and rear window and even the mirrors. All but the heaviest rain just blows off at any decent speed negating the need to use the wipers much if at all.

Comment

OEM, OEM, OEM.

I also use Rain-X. Easy to apply and very effective.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                            I need to try this Rain X coating!
                            Best stuff ever. I actually want to try it for my glass shower doors haha.

But in high school my friend's wipers didn't work & he would only use the rain-x spray. Even during summer downpours the water just rolled right off.

&& it looks so cool watching the water roll off!
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                            X