EXT : Slim LED Corner Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT : Slim LED Corner Lights

Got pictures up now. Check up above. I'm new to DIY posting so give me a break, ok.

This DIY is for those whose like the sleek looking LED lights. Cool thing about these lights is that you can cut them to size where they say to cut them at!! You can do this with very little modification to your car and its very easy to do! I am in no way responsible for anything that happens while installing these. You do this at your own risk. This is my first DIY so if I'm doing this wrong please let me know. Thank you.

Items needed:
    LED lights- Got mine from AutoZone- New style and they just got them in
    Wiring
    Electrical Tape
    Cutters/Wire Strippers
    Phillips Screwdriver
    Wire Splices
    Connectors for ground wires

1) First off you need to have the LEDs that you want. They had White, Yellow or Amber or Red. I used Amber to keep in the law and not get into trouble.
    This DIY is for those whose like the sleek looking LED lights. Cool thing about these lights is that you can cut them to size where they say to cut them at!! You can do this with very little modification to your car and its very easy to do! I am in no way responsible for anything that happens while installing these. You do this at your own risk. This is my first DIY so if I'm doing this wrong please let me know. Thank you.

Items needed:
    Wiring
    Electrical Tape
    Cutters/Wire Strippers
    Phillips Screwdriver
    Wire Splices

1) First off you need to have the LEDs that you want. They had White, Yellow or Amber or Red. I used Amber to keep in the law and not get into trouble.

2) Next you want to loosen the screws that holds the wheels splash guard on, or you can work around them. I didn’t bother unscrewing the first screw closest to the gap on the front bumper. See Picture:

3) I hooked my positive wire to the lower turn light so they only be on when those lights where on. You can hook them up so the stay on all the time and flash when using your turn signals but I think it saves the life of the lights by just using them for just turn signals and nothing else. Have fun and mess around with however you want them to light up. Hook up the positive wire and use step 2 as a guide on how to hide wire.

4) Next you want to remove the small black trim piece on both sides of the car. Use some wire cutters to cut some of the sheet metal to allow the wire some extra room to fit and so the trim fits back nicely when
    You put it back on. See how very little I cut out? Nice thing is, this is all the cutting for this mod!! Put your wire through first hole and wrap the first 4-6 inches so the sharp edges don’t cut wire and cause shorts or kill the LEDs themselves. Find a spot for the ground wire to go. I was lazy and put mine on one of screws that holds the splash guard on. I would recommend using a larger circle connector than I did. I had to cut mine to fit. Hook up the wires and tuck away. I feed the wire all the way in before I put it on the trim piece. I then centered and applied the lights.

5) I feed the wire all the way in before I put it on the trim piece. I then centered and applied the lights. Here are some pictures on where I put the lights and how well the trim fits back on.

6) Turn on flashers or lights and check to see if they are working. Have fun showing them off! Here are some before and after pictures and what a big difference.

Before:

After:

Night shot:

Sorry if pictures are blurry. I couldn’t find my camera and I used my cell phone instead.
    Have fun with the lights!!
    Last edited by hondaman2169; 11-22-2009, 02:16 AM. Reason: Got pictures uploaded

Save a Driver. Drive a Honda.

What the hell is going on here.
    wat?

Comment

For realz.

What's with the ""s?

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

get those pics uploaded to photobucket first and from there just copy and past, can't get any easier, great DIY though

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

Those funny dots are where the pictures are supposed to show up but didn't

Comment

**NEW** Slim LED Corner Lights- Pictures Now!

**NEW** Slim LED Corner Lights

Got Pictures uploaded now. Thanks for the tip on how to post pictures!!

Items needed:
            Wiring
            Electrical Tape
            Cutters/Wire Strippers
            Phillips Screwdriver
            Wire Splices

Items needed:
            Wiring
            Electrical Tape
            Cutters/Wire Strippers
            Phillips Screwdriver
            Wire Splices

2) Next you want to loosen the screws that holds the wheels splash guard on, or you can work around them. I didn’t bother unscrewing the first screw closest to the gap on the front bumper. See Picture:

3) I hooked my positive wire to the lower turn light so they only be on when those lights where on. You can hook them up so the stay on all the time and flash when using your turn signals but I think it saves the life of the lights by just using them for just turn signals and nothing else. Have fun and mess around with however you want them to light up. Hook up the positive wire and use step 2 as a guide on how to hide wire.

4) Next you want to remove the small black trim piece on both sides of the car. Use some wire cutters to cut some of the sheet metal to allow the wire some extra room to fit and so the trim fits back nicely when
            You put it back on. See how very little I cut out? Nice thing is, this is all the cutting for this mod!! Put your wire through first hole and wrap the first 4-6 inches so the sharp edges don’t cut wire and cause shorts or kill the LEDs themselves. Find a spot for the ground wire to go. I was lazy and put mine on one of screws that holds the splash guard on. I would recommend using a larger circle connector than I did. I had to cut mine to fit. Hook up the wires and tuck away. I feed the wire all the way in before I put it on the trim piece. I then centered and applied the lights.

5) I feed the wire all the way in before I put it on the trim piece. I then centered and applied the lights. Here are some pictures on where I put the lights and how well the trim fits back on.

6) Turn on flashers or lights and check to see if they are working. Have fun showing them off! Here are some before and after pictures and what a big difference.

Before:

After:

Night shot:

Sorry if pictures are blurry. I couldn’t find my camera and I used my cell phone instead.
            Have fun with the lights!!

Comment

I'm sorry, but those are the ugliest damn things I've ever seen passed of as sidemarkers.

The good thing is you can take them off without having a hole in your fender once you come to your senses.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

lol im still confused. mainly why would anybody do this.
                wat?

Comment

If I had a better camera it would be better looking. To be honest with you that is not a nice thing to say to someone. You do whatever you want to do. I found these and I liked them. It doesn't mean that you or everyone else will do this. That is why this is the DIY section. All this area is for is to help those with new ideas and to help others out old ideas. For example the T-sqaure eyelid covers-How to make them and so on. These light are bright, slim and I didn't cut through my car to put them in.

Comment

Comment

Props for something unique I've never seen on this site before.

Although, not my cup of tea.

Comment

Props on creativity!

Under Ground Society

"SLUTS NEED LOVE TOO.....AND A LOT OF DICK!"

Comment

There used to be another diy on here , I cant remember who did it , but he had it down. He drilled holes into the side molding and placed his l.e.d's in there .

I give you an a for the effort.
                          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Originally posted by sunburn View Post
                            There used to be another diy on here , I cant remember who did it , but he had it down. He drilled holes into the side molding and placed his l.e.d's in there ..
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39024

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Thank you search masta! you da man

I believe thats how it should be done
                              WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

Working...
                              X