Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Air Ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had air on my 94 coupe

the ride is really nice when set at the right height

Comment

nice ride man thats real low i liek it
      My 90 Civic Hatchback.

Check it out and leave a comment.
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194295

Comment

Originally posted by AcEr View Post
        nice ride man thats real low i liek it
        ty i ended up trading it for my h22 coupe i have now ... kinda miss it but i got in too much trouble for throwing sparks with it

Comment

if you go to airide.comthe have system for 1000 bucks. or other sites do. i ve seen plenty of them.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
          Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

i see. i have a passenger van i haul asses in, so yeah, i get the thing with the friends and family. thats coo though.
            you'll love my nuts!

Comment

I too love my 4 door. I don't know, to me, coupe's just don't look right. Not on Accord's anyhow, but on like Civic's, coupe's look way better.

Comment

So you got jokes now I love my steelies and yes i have 18in chrome rozzi detention rims that i bought from customlowz, yes i win shows wit my steelies on, they go good wit my carbon fiber hood.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...2/india005.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...aleMeet017.jpg
                vouches --> mj1220mj,Trickedaccord92, Maple 50175, Customlowz, 92lx

Comment

those rims r hella sick. but polished steelies dont look bad. nice ride man
                  REPPIN' THE DIRTY
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...27#post1570627

Comment

thanx. I never thought about polished steelies any pics??
                    vouches --> mj1220mj,Trickedaccord92, Maple 50175, Customlowz, 92lx

Comment

air ride belongs on a truck not a car.
                      real rides are built not bought.

Comment

Originally posted by angus67 View Post
                        im a old school hot rodder,(36 yrs old) and would some one please clue me in on why some one would put that much effort into a 4 door? please! i dont under stand. should i ask in the off topic thread?, or is it im just hatin' on fo do's? i think what youve done with that accord is truly baddass, but why? lambo doors own, crazy green owns, but two extra doors? if its a show car, why not find a coupe?
                        another thought not related to my stupidity- air bags have no valving right? soooo--- wont the ride be really wishy-washy? i had air shocks on a nova , and it handled like s.....
                        low 92- i really dig yo car. i just dont get it. please help a hater under stand.
                        i read some were that fo dors were lighter than coupes? id rather go style of a coupe over fo do's, unless im racin' if they are lighter.
                        Ok, so you think lambo doors and F&F green paint job is hot...but you're hatin on owning a sedan? I don't have a problem with the coupes, I think they look fine too, but I love my sedan. 4 doors 4 mo hoes Also, and I'm not 100% sure here, but I believe the air shocks they sell for old school hot rods are a completely different beast than those for imports/trucks, etc.

As for the original question, personally I still prefer coilovers. You can set the ride height nice and low while still driveable and if you go to shows you can always lower it some more just for that time. Unless you're going all out for a show car the expense just doesn't seem worth it to me...just my $.02
                        4 Doors FTW!!!

Comment

Air Ride?

Air ride is deff. worth the cost!! Just don't go the cheap way!!! Remember you always get what you pay for!!! Just save up for it. In the long run you'll be happy!!! It's nice to be able to run low and not bounce all over the place!! Then air up to go over speedbumps and into driveways!!! Then air down again!! Plus if you can lay chassis it's pretty great anti-theft deterrent!!! They can't get your wheels and it's harder than hell to steal the car!!!! Just my $ .02!!
                          My VIP Inspired Legend:

Comment

another thing...as long as u have check valves it wont be bouncing around when u take a corner...air ride is nice but not if u wanna race it...its more for cruising and shows...trust me i had air ride on my nissan hb...so i know the lower u go the more the girls like it....as for the old guy...4 doors are better for wife kids etc. that still wanna somewhat build a nice car...i know i have 2 nephew so between them and my mom and brother my 4 door comes in handy and wouldn't trade for a coupe any day...thats just my $.02

Comment

Air suspension is only good for a show car, overly complicated and heavy and wont perform as good as a well setup coil spring setup.
                              1997 Camaro Z28 M6:: My Boat Anchor

1991 Honda Accord M5: Blew it the hell up

Comment

Air Ride?

Originally posted by Optispark View Post
                                Air suspension is only good for a show car, overly complicated and heavy and wont perform as good as a well setup coil spring setup.
                                I beg to differ!!! I don't know if you keep up with the drift scene. ( Not one of my favorites!!! ) But they are using air ride in their cars!!! It's adjustable and can do anything a coilover can do!!! especially if they use the bag over strut ( bag over coilover ) or can over strut ( Can over coil over )!!!
                                My VIP Inspired Legend:

Comment

Working...
                                X