How much did you pay to have your flex pipe replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did you pay to have your flex pipe replaced

As above - I need a new one, and Midas quoted $400. I laughed and walked out. Curious what your shop would charge you?

go to a little muffler shop with a good rep. and they shouldn't charge more than 100. or you could just buy a B pipe from the junkyard and do it yourself. much cheaper.

Comment

around 150 and they ordered a new flex pipe and welded it on...there's still some leaks in mine i can hear it sounds like a supercharger lol..

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Had mine done a couple years back, $80. Anything over $150 is a joke IMO. Unless it has some super duper 300 year warranty that is.

Comment

Cool - I knew I wasn't crazy, and that $400 was out of the realm of reality.

Comment

I bought the flexpipe from napa for around $35 and had a friend weld it up for me, that was around 2 yrs. ago.

Comment

just get an entire down pipe and R&R it. it will literally take 15 minutes.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

go to the Junkyard. That's like a $10 part if that.

WTB: rightside jdm 1piece headlight or just glass.

Comment

I bought a new a-pipe from Napa for $60 (shop discount) and replaced it. If you look on ebay you can find them for $80-100 shipped. I bought an EX A-pipe on ebay a year ago for $82 shipped, Napa wanted $160 wholesale!
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

i paid 60 bucks at an exhaust shop, 400 is just ridiculous

92ex coupe h22
                    93 240sx with silvia front end (kadet in the works)
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1894990

Comment

Go to autozone, by 6" of flex pipe from them. Go to muffler shop, catch one of the workers on their smoke break. Offer them a few bucks plus a case of their favorite brew for them to weld it up on their own time(off work, at home).

Beer always works with us car junkies.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                        Go to autozone, by 6" of flex pipe from them. Go to muffler shop, catch one of the workers on their smoke break. Offer them a few bucks plus a case of their favorite brew for them to weld it up on their own time(off work, at home).

Beer always works with us car junkies.
                        x2 on grabbing from autozone, most muffler shops are going to charge heavily for the piece, and reasonably for the labor.

I was quoted 80-100 from the friendly neighborhood muffler shop. I ended up just getting a DC piece for $220.

Comment

$150, charged 70 for flex pipe.
                          get your own flex from ebay or autoparts store, alot cheaper.

Comment

I totally need a local hook-up shop. I pay through the nose for stuff I could do on my own if I had access to a lift...

Comment

Bosal has the complete down pipe with the flex for about $150 shipped
                              Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Working...
                              X