• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I mean it is terrible here.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Ever since you started this thread i have been looking for another E34. Keep up the good work!

Comment

They are beautiful cars. Which engine did you have before?

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
          Though a bit late thanks H311.

Today nothing of importance got accomplished just mounted the liscense plates and got the battery back in to make sure I got everything hooked back up properly between swapping in the manual pedals and removing the dashboard and it started fine, just had a terrible ticking but it's cold and I have no idea what oil is in there and how much. I was also concerned that I may have knicked the wires to the airbag so I hide in the back seat and started the car that way. All went well.

So this isn't an entirely meaningless post here is a picture of the interior after it was cleaned I took awhile back.

Also I have been tossing around the idea of getting a CB9. I was originaly going to get another coupe but I will want something I can carry parts in and dogs with no issue. Though it will be a beater I still want it to look nice.
          Your very welcome!

Comment

I had the M60B44 with the 6 speed manual. Only mods were Head unit, Bav-auto lowering springs, and custom exhaust. I flipped it for a good profit so it was still worth it but I miss it!

Hunting for a Black on Black 530i 5 speed.

Then its gonna get the m62b44 block and m60b40 heads/timing chains.

Still looking for a rust free one up here though!

I was eying up a 94' 525 for dd duty as I have heard they can get up to 30 mpg highway!
            Last edited by Punkrampant; 12-02-2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

That is a nice looking E34, my preferred color would have been black, but any of the black E34s for the price I bough around here had rust all over it. I'm just happy I got a rust free car.

I have only seen one Honda of 90s vintage without rust around here and it is a 92-97 CB7 down the street. It is stock beige coupe but probably the most beautiful Honda I have seen in my area compared to the fart cannoned crater bodied rust bucket Civics around here. Kind of makes me skeptical if I am going to get myself a CB9 around here, but I have made some friends with benefits, and I am not talking about sex, that can help with de-rusting and other skilled traits.

Comment

It's called standard honda rot in all the ads and among all the kids, so most likely not finding a rust free one around here.
                WELCOME TO THE RUST BELT.
                CB7TUNER.com
                Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                  It's called standard honda rot in all the ads and among all the kids, so most likely not finding a rust free one around here.
                  WELCOME TO THE RUST BELT.
                  You think it would be worth it to take my car to those places that will do underbody rust protection? My friend says they will do it to the entire underbody of his truck for $250. When I get to it, and might be doing it soon, I will be taking off all of the removable panels for this car and getting some rust protection paint and spraying the back side of the panels and what they hide as well. I might get the wheel wells, if not I will do it when I start doing work on the brakes when more stuff is out.

Comment

A lot of those places use spray on coatings that dry. The problem with that is that a lot of the aftermarket coats will eventually crack and then let in water causing the metal to rot without being seen.

My recommendation is Fluid Film. It's a bit cumbersome to work with and it smells quite horrid, but it works really well. I've been using it on my truck since I bought it and my frame looks like it just rolled off the assembly line after 2 hard northeast winters.

There are other similar products which work quite well such as Boeshield and Amsoil does one as well. I just got my hands on a Fluid Film spray kit from Kellsport (used but unopened) that made my life super easy. Hooked it up to my compressor and coated everything under the truck.

Comment

How often do you have to reapply?

Comment

Wow...im speechless on the extensive work you've done....Its hella clean...
                        accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                        ....................My New Baby
                        SOLD TO
                        ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Thank you very much, I am just looking forward to warmer weather or access to an indoor area to work some more. I can't stand to be outside more than a few minutes and it sounds like it will only get worse. Now about it being clean, well...

This picture was from summer time and believe it or not, it has gotten worse. I do not look forward to cleaning this out since that is not trash, so I can't throw it away and be done with it, I need to find a place to put it all away.

Also this winter when I go back to Seattle for a few weeks to visit family and friends, I am going to stop by the local junkyards that always have BMWs and get me some E32 7 Series goodies. I want to get rear headrests, rear reading lights, and a cup holder. I am a bit concerned with bringing them back since I do not want to deal with mailing it there and TSA could think I am running drugs and will tear the head rests open, or confiscate them like when I was moving I noticed some stuff was missing when I unpacked.

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                            How often do you have to reapply?
                            I apply every fall. I typically go pretty liberal in my application. The frame on my truck is usually still damp/moist to the touch in August from an application in November. There are many threads about the product across many different forums. Some people have found better products, which may be worth looking into, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Comment

Good to know. I will start doing some more research on the topic.

Comment

Today I had my interview this morning and I felt like it went well. There is one other person I am competing with, but they said they might just make 2 openings. I should hopefully hear something next week, and if they do decide to go further I would be starting beginning of next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X