No announcement yet.

jdm92_accorn : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should just do a full F23 so we can light a fire under Derek's ass about making a cam for the VTEC head, and then bounce ideas off each other for what to do.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

not really into the vtec heads, they can make good power but port geometry holds it back above 6000rpm. the vtec head is similar enough to the f22a head that it likes most of the same things. little hint on picking up power on the single cams, its in the port work. the port size overall needs to be kept close to stock. the area behind the valve is the most critical. a good port job and a regrind will make a huge impact.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

That's what I figured in terms of porting. Clean up the bowl/short radius and a good valve job. Maybe smooth the ports out and edge the divider a little bit.

I really want a cam in this thing. If I wasn't making the trip to California for CAM in a couple of weeks, it would definitely be happening.

Comment

Actually I'd leave the short radius almost alone and focus on smoothing the long radius. The exhaust side is fine to polish the crap out of but the intake I'd only focus on polishing the bowl. As far as cam choice did you try the f22b1 cam yet? They are interchangeable and the part numbers are different. I've been through this before, its almost a 5% increase in displacement yet the f23 only gains 5hp/5tq. Based off displacement alone the f22b1 cam in a f23a1 should make 1-2whp more. The f23 also has a lighter rotating assembly, smaller rod bearings for less friction, those two alone will show improvement in power. The f23 also has slightly longer runners, if I recall, and has larger runners and plenum. The intake ports are slightly better. Im thinking the f22b1 cam is worth 5-10whp and alot more get up and go on the low end. F22b1 has its hp/tq peaks 200-300rpm sooner than the stock f23a1 cam. If that cam doesn't do much for you, you're going to have to suck it up and spend the money on a bisimoto cam or a hardweld from web.

Comment

I have both on a shelf, visually, they don't look any different. I'm pretty torn on actually doing anything with it past this point, it makes decent enough power and the gearing is pretty good. A T2T4 would make things a lot more livable day to day. Its just getting a bit rusty.

We'll see what happens. Been eyeing a straight up F20B manual swap for quite some time to shove an f23 crank and rods into.

Comment

If you're going to do that I'd just go with the h23 vtec. For the money, it can't be beat. Jdmenginedepot.com has them for less than $900 shipped.

Comment

So what is you fuel mileage with your new trans?

Comment

About 23mpg city but the header is cracked. Once the header is replaced it should be better.

Comment

Hey man when you get a chance PM me on here. I have some work for you if your interested.

Comment

What's up bro. Your builds and HP accomplishments are so inspiring. I am currently building an F and I really appreciate all the grunt work you have done. So I am basically here to say Thank you.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                      MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

well my friends it is the end of an era, betsy is no more.

some asshole was passing cars in the turning lane and lost control and t-boned me.

i have moved on for a little while.

Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 11-17-2016, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Damn, what a shame. I always enjoyed the updates on your build and seeing what the old F motors are capable of.

RIP betsy

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Sad to see another members ride go to the the scrapyard,
                            Glad your okay and still driving.
                            Don't stay gone to long and make sure you pop in and point the F-builders in the right direction.
                            CB7TUNER.com
                            Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Gary glad to see you survived the crash with hopefully no injuries! Also great find on the 04-06 Acura TL Manual. I just picked up an 04 with a blown transmission, and I'm working on getting the new tranny back in. These really are nice cars! Too bad Betsy is gone now. You have done so much pioneering on these engines for this community.
                              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I'm really bummed to hear this happened. What is the story on the insurance claim? I get so mad at people who drive like that, I sometimes chase them down.
                                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
                                X