Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 Lx from NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 Lx from NC

Hey, everyone! I have been around here for a while, but never actually though about joining the community, until now that is. so, I originally bought the car for $450 in 2015, and I have been learning about it and fixing it along the way. It was in really bad shape when I got it. Oil leak, coolant leak (really bad) etc... The worst of all was that every time I turned it on, a HUGE cloud of smoke would come out of the tailpipe.

I didn't know that much about how to troubleshoot these kinds of issues. So, I started changing the head gasket a couple of times, valves, checked every coolant line, bought another Cyl head, even bought a complete hose kit, and it was still smoking hard. I gave up and took the engine out. I initially was going to put new rods and pistons in it, but the walls were heavily scratched. So, I bought another engine for about 300 bucks.... and guess what? yup, it was still smoking. I got really frustrated and started researching on this page and some other Honda sites. I read that the catalytic converter could cause this. I bought a test pipe from ebay, and no more smoke although I got confused because when I took out the cat, it was clogged on some spots, but no coolant/water in it. Till this day I don't know why it smoked even when the car was stone cold.

Did a compression test to the old engine to see if it had a leak. Good comp, on all 4 cylinders

The tear down begins...

Almost there

Dropped

A few weeks passed and I felt that something had to be done to the height. Not knowing anything about suspension, I bought some coil overs (eBay duh). Never knew the toll it would take on the struts and ride comfort, but what the hell, it looked nice so...

Stock height

Height difference (not gonna lie, I was afraid that it wouldn't work)

after two days and 4.5 inches lower

After this aggressive drop, the car wouldn't even come out of the driveway. So I had to reverse the coil over setup. Placed the longer sleeves in the rear. Took it for a spin around the block and it was way too bouncy. Reversed the setup once again but this time, I placed the sleeve on top of the spring so that the weight would fall under the sleeve and not the spring. So far the car is running fine. Although I am still fixing some things, it is up for sale. Just wanted to share the story of my CB for all of you

Some pics I took today.

Replaced the cluster bulbs with blue LEDs, and main board of the cluster took a crap on me. As a result, the temperature and the fuel gauge didn't work anymore. Got tired of waiting for my local junkyard to let me know when a M/T Lx came in, so I went ahead and decided to install some gauges. I will be making a DIY very soon on how to install these. Just need to finish leveling the fuel sending unit to read Full.

Interior

at night

Comment

Looking good man!

Comment

Originally posted by dr manhattan View Post
        Replaced the cluster bulbs with blue LEDs, and main board of the cluster took a crap on me. As a result, the temperature and the fuel gauge didn't work anymore.
        I replaced my cluster bulbs with blue leds and lost my speedo, temp gauge and gas gauge also. The problem may be that you put the screws back in too far and broke the wires on the back of the cluster, I know I did and will try to repair them like in a thread I saw somewhere on this forum, good luck either way.

Comment

Yes, if you over tighten the screws on the back of the clusters circuitboard you will break the copper windings. You can see where it broke off in the picture, the screw is actually the electrical connection from the circuitboard to the needle. I had to get another cluster from the junkyard and swap out the gas/temp side.

Comment

Yeah, once the screw starts to get tight, stop right there. I had to get another one for doing the same thing. and my gas needle topped out just like yours.

edit: there's a big bulb at the top of the cluster you may need to change out (and take the blue rubber off) to see the needles better at night with the LEDs
            Last edited by DCB7; 03-16-2017, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7ManNYC View Post
              Yes, if you over tighten the screws on the back of the clusters circuitboard you will break the copper windings. You can see where it broke off in the picture, the screw is actually the electrical connection from the circuitboard to the needle. I had to get another cluster from the junkyard and swap out the gas/temp side.

Yep, same thing happened. Aside from that, the cluster's circuit board got fried on the gas/temp side.

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                Yeah, once the screw starts to get tight, stop right there. I had to get another one for doing the same thing. and my gas needle topped out just like yours.

edit: there's a big bulb at the top of the cluster you may need to change out (and take the blue rubber off) to see the needles better at night with the LEDs
                Thanks for the info. I ran out of bulbs at the time, but I think those blue Leds were going to be weak and not illuminate the needle anyway. I'm going to get a white led to replace the top bulb.

Comment

no prob. if you grab another gauge set for the fuel/temp might as well grab that top bulb. You can see them 'ok' once u take the rubber off

Comment

Another NC guy! I have some parts you may be interested in! send me a pm

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X