ENG: Taken out the Evaporator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NAiL05
    The evaporator is part of the AC system. Take it to a shop and have them legally pull it out of your system. After that pull off the compressor, A/C lines, condensor, i think its an accumulator or air dryer i get both mixed up sometimes, and that should be it. And yes you will have to get a new belt when you take out your A/C.
    A new A/C belt you mean? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
      A new A/C belt you mean? Why?
      thanks for bumpin this.

yo matt.....didnt realize you wrote this one up...
      Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 03-18-2006, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I'd like to bump for more pics if possible. Also how much weight are we saving here?

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
          I'd like to bump for more pics if possible. Also how much weight are we saving here?
          60-80 lbs.....
          check the racing / weight reduction thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
            I believe its a $20,000 fine if the EPA catches you.

Good job on the write-up, but one thing you should add is that any A/C shop will LEGALLY evacuate the freon from your system for FREE. Once that's done you can do all the A/C work you want.

as i know of now when i went to school it is now 85,000 now

(\__/)
            (O.o )
            (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by i_love_cb7
              what kind of pics you looking to see
              My Ride

DAMN PISTON RINGS!!!

Comment

i probably speak for a lot of people, would love a really good DIY write up on removal of the whole AC system. i have been wanting to do this, mine hasn't worked for years, but reluctant because i dont want to break anything. also, i would like to keep my PS.

i would be willing to use my car for a kick ass write up with pics and all if there is someone who wants to help me out. i would buy the beer
                just a thought.
                And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

Originally posted by Gripology
                  i probably speak for a lot of people, would love a really good DIY write up on removal of the whole AC system. i have been wanting to do this, mine hasn't worked for years, but reluctant because i dont want to break anything. also, i would like to keep my PS.

i would be willing to use my car for a kick ass write up with pics and all if there is someone who wants to help me out. i would buy the beer
                  just a thought.
                  does anyone have this yet? looking to do this saturday...help me out fellas, ( and if u dont mind PM'ing me it author )

Thanks

Comment

a repair manual tells you how to take all that shit out, a diy isnt needed.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

so i dont have nor do i plan on buying/printing a repair manual...

I am mostly looking for how people went about getting the compressor out, with all the obstacles.
                      Thanks wed3k.

Comment

Working...
                      X