ENG: Installing PCV valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: Installing PCV valve

A very easy tune-up you can do to ur car.
    PCV= The Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve prevents the release of gas fumes and blow by vapors from the engines crankcase. If it becomes blocked or clogged, it can cause oil leaks and promote the formation of sludge in the engine.

1. Find the pcv valve. it is in the middle of the valve cover. the tube that going from valve cover to intake manifold.

2. Pull the tube off and pull it from the valve cover(use pliers) and shake it to see if it rattles.

3. If it does then it's good, but i'd replace it anyways cuz it's cheap. If it sounds solid then its bad.Some times the inside is broken so u'll never know.

3. buy a pcv valve from ur auto store ( $ 3-5 )

4.Reinstall just like how u pull it off. ( make sure it goes all the way in )

After do this i feel that the engine is smooth and a bit of hp has come back.

ENJOY!
    Last edited by i_love_cb7; 08-19-2004, 12:09 PM.

Great achievements result from great effort

mine has some oil in mines??!
    well imma change it tomrow.
    hahahahah

Comment

you will always have a little oil in or around the pcv valve and were it sits. after all theres oil splashing all around right under that valve cover.

Comment

yup should be normal. I looked into the hole and it was sick with burned oil. any way i can clean it? maybe i should shoot some carb cleaner but it will get into the engine.

Comment

damn i did mines,

and it was like brittle yet tight. in the end i broke it to get the tube out, also i teared the TUBE !!!

i am guessing i have to make a trip down to get the pCV tube taht goes into the intake mani?
          hahahahah

Comment

ya i crushed the old pcv while getting it out. how did u teared the tube?

Comment

i guess it was really old? i just tugged a bit and it was tear. then im like SHEEETS.. anyhow i replaced it ..
              hahahahah

Comment

no need to clean that, if you clean it and than started it 5 mins later you would see remnants of oil. just leave it.

Comment

started it 5 mins later you would see remnants of oil
                  lol i am so dumb.

Comment

srry am i supose to do something? help me ( my frist diy) i took it cuz it was the nices looking. and my dig cam is broken. srry steveb.

Comment

Working...
                    X