Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 turbo kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hseriesaccord View Post
    i found a really good tuner in my area and plan on boosting my stock jdm h22 and getting it tuned on maybe 8psi.
    He is obviously not ready to build his own turbo kit and all you guys are just giving him bs general answers. judging from his post he wants to boost and tune for 8psi which is absolutely retarded. To be honest if you want to turbo it just get a kit since your knowledge seems fairly low. There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself.

1-Budget: How much are you willing to spend?
    2-Power: How much power do you want to make?
    3-Motor capability: Currenty condition of motor with the addition of boost?
    4-Tune: Although you said you have a good tuner in your area what does he use to tune? what are you planning to use stand alone/piggy back/ecu rom?

A kit is very simple and straight foward usually everything you need and already setup for a user. However they usually are expensive and arent very efficient. When you buy a kit it usually is what it is. When you are custom planning your own you need to know what power, what size turbo and what boost level to be efficient, what manifold are you going to use, what injector size, what are you using to tune, whose installing, can your current motor without a rebuild handle the extra power, etc...

Comment

also another thought is if they dont make a specific kit you can probably get a kit and do some slight modification to make it fit.

Comment

Originally posted by reccakun08 View Post
        He is obviously not ready to build his own turbo kit and all you guys are just giving him bs general answers. judging from his post he wants to boost and tune for 8psi which is absolutely retarded. To be honest if you want to turbo it just get a kit since your knowledge seems fairly low. There are a lot of questions you need to ask yourself.

4-Tune: Although you said you have a good tuner in your area what does he use to tune? what are you planning to use stand alone/piggy back/ecu rom?

A kit is very simple and straight foward usually everything you need and already setup for a user. However they usually are expensive and arent very efficient. When you buy a kit it usually is what it is. When you are custom planning your own you need to know what power, what size turbo and what boost level to be efficient, what manifold are you going to use, what injector size, what are you using to tune, whose installing, can your current motor without a rebuild handle the extra power, etc...
        Thanks for giving shitty advice that goes against just about everything I said. I appreciate it.

The next time you want to call someone's advice bullshit... try not giving worse advice yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by reccakun08 View Post

so youre telling a guy who doesnt know what hes doing to get a overpriced, unreliable, junk turbo kit that will likely destroy his engine instead of researching his project and doing it the right way in order to get the most out of his car?

cut as many corners as possible is basically what your telling him to do.
          fuckin great advice

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by Pazzword JDM View Post
            idk, if this was a problem then our exhaust pipes and shit wouldnt be metal would they?
            true

Comment

Our exhaust pipes aren't holding a heavy turbo up, though.

Comment

well from searching for a turbo kit and what. i figured id go with the garrett T3/TO4E turbocharger 60a/r turbo with the peakboost ramhorn style manifold. still trying to figure out what ecu to use. but id figure a chipped p28 tuned on crome pro like the one guy said. but i thought i prolly go with that before he even said it. but also depends on the tuner as others have stated. im thinking of maybe 300hp and a budget of no more then 4k if possible. but if not im willing to throw a little more cash at it.specially if it goes into making my car run safer. my motor is still pretty fresh. i bought the motorswap from hmotors and have put maybe 15-20k miles on since i bought it. car runs excellent as of now. but i want more power out of my motor. i was thinking going all motor and its still an option. was thinking to build a 250hp na h22 but i want boost. we'll just have to see how it goes for looking for turbo parts.
                Last edited by hseriesaccord; 11-22-2009, 01:41 AM.

Comment

250hp NA would cost you more than 300hp turbo... so you're going in the right direction.
                  $4000 isn't an unreasonable budget, but it'll be cutting it close. DEFINITELY plan everything out very carefully before you buy a single part. That's the only way to make safe, reliable power on a budget.

A full build will most certainly cost you more than $4000... so to do this on a stock H22, you're going to need to be extremely careful. 300hp isn't unreasonable, but it'll be pushing it. Your turbo choice seems about right, and as long as the tuning is done very well, you could probably hit your goal without any serious reliability issues.

You're on the right track.

Comment

I think 300hp on a stock H22 block is too much. Sooner or later its going to bo boom. It'll deff be sooner.

240-250 is reliable power on a stock H22 block. With a good tune, car should be really reliable. I plan on boosting my self but plan to use hondata s300.

Comment

turbo

if your gonna turbo the h series motor rember that it will need to be reesleeved and new low comp pistons cause of the carbonized walls if u want it to hold up i recomend replacing the block with the f22 cuz of it bein cast iron sleeved and all will hold boost all day u can make ur own turbo kit that is true but u got to know what ur doin or u cud pik up a slightley used kit off craigslist for like 300 bucks i recomend a t3/t4 but its ur choice prefreance. . .

Comment

oh...... and if so i know on cinciniatti craiglist auto parts a guy is sellin a ram horn turbo manifold skunk 2 intake and suff for fair price goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by mafiacustomz View Post
                          if your gonna turbo the h series motor rember that it will need to be reesleeved and new low comp pistons cause of the carbonized walls if u want it to hold up i recomend replacing the block with the f22 cuz of it bein cast iron sleeved and all will hold boost all day u can make ur own turbo kit that is true but u got to know what ur doin or u cud pik up a slightley used kit off craigslist for like 300 bucks i recomend a t3/t4 but its ur choice prefreance. . .
                          You need to learn a few things... take the time to actually understand, instead of just regurgitating lousy information you see on the internet.

The "carbonized" walls, as you say, are FRM sleeves. They are actually VERY strong. The only reason why people remove them in favor of iron sleeves is that most aftermarket forged pistons are not compatible. It is NOT because these cylinder linings are inferior. They are, in fact, superior to the F22A's iron sleeves in terms of strength and cooling properties.

A stock F22A block will NOT "hold boost all day"... Yes, the sleeves are iron. Yes, they will hold to a point... but they are not a replacement for a quality aftermarket sleeve such as Darton or Golden Eagle.

And a slightly used "kit" for $300 would be garbage... or someone doesn't know what they have. Even used, a quality turbo kit should cost more than $1000.

Comment

haha. yeah i figured 250 na was gonna be more expensive. thats another reason i wanted to go boost. but thanks for the replies. helps a lot. ive heard that the h22 motors are pretty strong. and yes there high compression. but then ive seen a lot about boosting the motor and seen some with some very high numbers. i mean boosting to 250 wouldnt be bad. but i just feel if i did that id rather go all motor. 300 is my goal and im going to try and be as safe as possible. yeah i figured 4k would be pushin it a little thats why i said id be willing to throw a little more on top, an extra 500 wouldnt be bad if it works on my part for reliability. we'll see how it goes when i figure out what i want. im still thinking about it. but im trying to think about the turbo parts before i buy. like deevergote stated. itll be better having a planned set up to buy rather then just going out and tryin to buy the parts right off the back.

Comment

Look into Mahle Gold Series pistons. They're the only forged pistons readily avialable that will work with FRM sleeves.

Comment

alright. ill do some more research on building the motor a little bit first. before boosting.

Comment

Working...
                                X