Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual transmission buying options

Need your help / opinion folks.

I'll start off by saying I love my 04 TSX. Standard, black, 4 door. I am looking to replace it with a sedan, manual, black car. Luxurious, higher end preferred, under 150,000km/90,000miles. But starting to look around and I'm thinking I am screwed. Really sucks to be forced out of this option. While dual clutches are great we all know flappy paddles suck ass...

- Acura does not make standards anymore. Last model was the CSX which is a civic. 2010 TSX / TL did but they all have high miles
    - Audi does not make manuals anymore
    - Honda does but only in civics which I consider "fisher price toys". Older accords too. But I like Acura over honda now as they use higher end parts which last longer
    - I did test drive a Infinity G70 last year and was not impressed. Cookie cutter engine, pumping "engine sound" through the speakers, ug.
    - Porsche, Mercedes are a bit expensive and not sure I want to drive it in the winter.
    - BMWs are ugly
    - Subaru have head gasket / timing issues
    - Hyundai is too cheaply made
    - Ford...... ah is ford.
    - Chevy commercials suck

This kind of leaves things Nissan's but I know nothing about them.
    There is also volkswagon... which i have no feelings over. My gf had a rabbit and now i see all rabits, golfs, GTIs as girl cars that you put eye lashes on.
    Scion is a good options but they shut down and have no power.

Anyone have any thoughts / ideas?

Mazda?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The 2013-2017 Accords can be had in a manual
      What's not to love? If you need a sedan you can't have the v6 in a manual but the new k series that will be bolted up to a manual in that car has a single ehxaust port on the cylinder head that a turbo can bolted right up to. They spool really quick to

I found this must have http://slickfabllc-com.3dcartstores....Kit-_p_19.html
      Last edited by thepowderblue; 02-23-2019, 11:30 AM.
      Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
      93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Mazda?
        Ford? But which model? (I never thought they were near even Acura)

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
        The 2013-2017 Accords can be had in a manual
        What's not to love? If you need a sedan you can't have the v6 in a manual but the new k series that will be bolted up to a manual in that car has a single ehxaust port on the cylinder head that a turbo can bolted right up to. They spool really quick to

I found this must have http://slickfabllc-com.3dcartstores....Kit-_p_19.html
        Ya... I hear ya! I've had Honda Accords my whole life! And the 2018 Honda Accord Sports looked ok. Maybe I need to take a look at it in person. The usual 290HP at 3100lbs and the bastards didn't put a remote start on the manual sports for 2018/2019. Cruel. Still not the sexiest car out there. Pretty dam bla actually.

The more I think on this, I think i'm going to have to bite the bullet. Ug.. Be nice to get something like a 2018 Audi S4, 350HP , and get use to paddle shift land.

Comment

Ford divested all interest in Mazda in 2015. Even then, their interest hadn’t been controlling for some time.

The Mazda 6 is likely to be my next car. I absolutely loved it at the last two auto shows. It felt nicer inside than most luxury brands. Both in materials and ergonomics. My only beef so far is that the N/A 4 cylinder found in all current generation cars is fairly low-powered compared to the competition. There’s a turbo model out now that addresses that issue pretty well, but they’re still pricey. Only Base models come in manual, but they’re still decently equipped.

While the brand lacks luxury clout, I think the car delivers the experience. And it doesn’t look like another generic plastic-laden aerodynamic bean like so many other cars today.

I will note that I haven’t driven one yet, so I can’t speak to the ride, handling, braking, or real-world visibility.

Otherwise, manual and luxury/near-luxury is difficult to find.
          If you didn’t like Infiniti, well, they’re nissan’s fancy brand. Chances are you won’t like Nissan. I don’t know what manual options Nissan offers anymore.
          VW is hit or miss. I personally don’t care for the brand. Too many bad experiences in the past. They might be better now, but I couldn’t recommend them in good conscience.

I believe the Lexus IS still comes in manual. That might be worth a look. I think they’re attractive, and the interior isn’t awful. Dunno how hard that’ll be to find, though.

Comment

Also, the Cadillac ATS comes with a manual option. It has the usual GM foibles, but the chassis is competent, the power is decent, modifications are available, and it’s a pretty good looking car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Also, the Cadillac ATS comes with a manual option. It has the usual GM foibles, but the chassis is competent, the power is decent, modifications are available, and it’s a pretty good looking car.
              Ya! thanks, didn't think of this one and I hear no bad things about them. I'll do some research

Comment

The ATS is on the GM Alpha platform shared with the Camaro and a few other cars. Do some research on it if you have time!

I haven't driven any of the new Mazda's yet (kinda feel bad about that as they are the more driver focused of the Japanese automakers right now), but I love the design language inside and out. I wish the Mazda6 came with turbo and stick, but it would still be pretty expensive.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...0734564_fb_m_i

That might be relevant!
                  All the cars you can currently buy new with a manual transmission. There are a few surprises on there. To me, anyway. (Like the Chalenger... I always thought the V8 models were auto only!)

Comment

Could always get a corolla. Lol and blind everyone else on the road. I didn’t think they made the 86 and BRZ stick. When I looked at them when they first came out, I was told at the Toyota dealership that the only way to get a manual 86 is to go get a BRZ. But he said even those require special order.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Get over your biases and try something new. Chevy SSs are starting to be imported to Canada (I guess any GM product '03 and newer is fair game); look for one of those for sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haj9_VgQUWA
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-25-2019, 09:05 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The Chevy SS is an amazing car! It’s pretty eye-catching in person, too. They’re nearly as expensive used as they were new though. Are they even importable to Canada?

The 86 does come in manual for sure. I just checked the Toyota site. I always just assumed they did. Those cars, and Miatas, are cars that are just wasted with an automatic!

Comment

Watch out for issues on the FRS/86, we are getting quite a few with broken valve springs and after replacement valavetrain noise, loss of power etc.

I have always had a thing for the Chevy SS and earlier Pontiac G8's, even the GTO's weren't bad, cheap interior feel though.
                          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                          01-01-2019

Comment

Can’t go wrong with an s series

S6 owner here

Most refined and pleasurable oem car I’ve ever driven

Golf R is pretty solid too. Not your typical golf
                            Test drive one before you pass judgment

Probably going to move wifes car and buy one soon. They’re fun.
                            Last edited by toycar; 02-25-2019, 10:51 PM.
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I know you said BMWs are ugly (most all the newer ones are)...but I'll go ahead and throw it out there...

E39 540i/M5

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X