Vacation scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacation scam?

Well guys, I got a call from a really good friend yesterday about a video that will totally change my life and its vacationsooner.com. Whatch the video and tell me.what you think.
    The idea is this vacation club that you buy into, with a $200 entry and $55/month for the membership. Now this can be free if you think about the business part, if you reccomend 4people it will be free as long as they stay active, but the kicker is it works a pyramiding, my "recommendator" makes money off me, but its money I make from others I recommended

I typically dont even consider things like this, but this is a really good friend and her whole fam bought into this. The only difference is I cant make a decision like that without the proper research, and I did. Though most of reviews, YouTube comments, etc are good cb7tuner has taught me about scammers/sales rep, so who knows if those are just them.
    I've found a few negative reviews, but not enough to make me make a decision.

the call I recieved was a 3way from her and the "rep" really nice girl who her uncle recommended who was recommended by the church....

Lmk what you guys think
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Deev please move this to off topic, posting from my phone sucks.....

Comment

Wow I wouldnt of thought you would post this in the members ride. Deev is going to like this thread LOL.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Deev aint gon' know nuthin....

Moved.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Its not a scam. My dad works for this company and he has already taken 3 cruises with friends included. I thought it was a scam myself but from my dad showing me the inner details it is not.

If you can recruit 4 people into your program the membership fee is waived
          visit vgruk

Comment

Avoid it.
            Before the pyramid scheme, it sounded like a timeshare.

Now it sounds like Cutco.
            Avoid it.

Other misc info: I used to work for Cutco, now I seem to be able to pickup on scams like this rather easily. Another "friend" (I kinda knew him in throughout school) bought into
            essentially the same thing, but with Vitamins. Saw through it right away, but was too kind to outright deny him. His deal was more open about the pyramid scheme, as yours seems
            to be. You bought something like $1000 worth of gel vitamins, and had to sell them to friends and family. Once they tried it (and of course loved them) they setup a recurring
            purchase and you got credit for it. You did this for like 4 people, then you got a higher percentage for their purchases. If you got someone else in on the gig, you got a percentage
            of their sales. Sounds pretty similar to what you've got going on.

This seems to be the way of these schemes now. When I did Cutco, the only way to make recurring income was to become a "manager" and setup your own store.
            New people started under you, and you got a percentage of their sales. Then, you no longer had to setup appointments and try and sell $1000 knife sets.

The difference between cutco and the vitamins/your vacation thing seem to be these:
            -They're more open about their pyramid schemes
            -Since they're more open, it's less focused on simply selling the knifes(product) and more about recruiting more people to give you their money.

In short: Don't do it.
            MRT
            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
            Originally posted by Tippey764
            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
              Avoid it.
              Before the pyramid scheme, it sounded like a timeshare.

Now it sounds like Cutco.
              Avoid it.

Other misc info: I used to work for Cutco, now I seem to be able to pickup on scams like this rather easily. Another "friend" (I kinda knew him in throughout school) bought into
              essentially the same thing, but with Vitamins. Saw through it right away, but was too kind to outright deny him. His deal was more open about the pyramid scheme, as yours seems
              to be. You bought something like $1000 worth of gel vitamins, and had to sell them to friends and family. Once they tried it (and of course loved them) they setup a recurring
              purchase and you got credit for it. You did this for like 4 people, then you got a higher percentage for their purchases. If you got someone else in on the gig, you got a percentage
              of their sales. Sounds pretty similar to what you've got going on.

This seems to be the way of these schemes now. When I did Cutco, the only way to make recurring income was to become a "manager" and setup your own store.
              New people started under you, and you got a percentage of their sales. Then, you no longer had to setup appointments and try and sell $1000 knife sets.

The difference between cutco and the vitamins/your vacation thing seem to be these:
              -They're more open about their pyramid schemes
              -Since they're more open, it's less focused on simply selling the knifes(product) and more about recruiting more people to give you their money.

In short: Don't do it.
              I disagree. Like I said above my dad has already used their "product" many times. Yes, theu want you to recruit people but they also really want you to take vacations. After all I have heard about this company from my dad I realy know its not a scam. Hell the money you pay into it every month goes straight into your first vacation.
              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                I disagree. Like I said above my dad has already used their "product" many times. Yes, theu want you to recruit people but they also really want you to take vacations. After all I have heard about this company from my dad I realy know its not a scam. Hell the money you pay into it every month goes straight into your first vacation.
                There's definitely and end product, that I'm not doubting.
                I can use my Cutco to cut things. They're real knifes and so far seem to be quality.
                The gel vitamins I'm sure did something neat too.
                And vacations: Yes they cost money, and according to what's been posted, you can do it completely free.
                Here's the fun part: You now need to call all your friends and family and hope they
                A) Want to do this
                B) Haven't already been called for it (Most of these types do that first)
                C) Have the money to throw away.

Don't forget: You need to get 4 separate people that are willing to throw down $255 at first, and $55 a month after that. If you don't get that, you're on the hook for $55 a month. So are they. And what happens if your 4 people turn into 3? Then you're back on the hook for $55 a month.

My biggest point: Let's say you get your one week vacation. Great! That's $255 (Assuming you got those people after the first month) and a weeks lost pay. Don't forget, you'll need to buy food and souvenirs. Let's assume a week of pay is $1000, food for your family is $400 (vacation food = expensive), and souvenirs/unrelated expenses are another $400. (Don't forget gas to drive to wherever in that last one)
                $255
                $1000 +
                $400 +
                $400 +
                = $2055

Now granted, most of these expenses come with any vacation, but you're paying an extra $255 on top of whatever else you'd have.

For me, I just go to one of my families vacation houses in northern Michigan.
                Saves a ton, and expenses for me for a two week period are roughly half that.

If you think it's a great deal, go for it. I think you'll feel shitty afterwards.
                MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Don't do it Oscar.
                  Gary A.K.A. Carter
                  [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Sounds like one of those MLM schemes i heard people talking on,fb recently called worldventures..its not a pyramid scheme but you pay like 200+ and you can get great deals going on cruises and other states but then you can also sell the same product to make so much money and they give you a bmw after reach certain tiers..i wont waste my time with it though

Lou's Build Thread!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181377
                    "G-Squares Are For Assholes"~PR_CB7

Comment

like anyone these days even has money for vacations or cruises, and if they do they probably dont need some 2 bit company to hook it up

Comment

Makes me think of Amway
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Want to post the exact details so we can poke holes in it?
                          MRT

sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I don't see a scam here, but there are some gotchas.

1) You have to be willing to pay $55 / mo, or suffer the consequences (probably losing all accrued points, etc.). (or alternatively recruit four other members)
                            2) It's possible that the money you spend in "reward points" and actual cash (looks like there is a cap to how much you can pay for with reward points) is actually more than the trip is worth (meaning: you can find the same trip for less elsewhere).
                            3) If you recruit four other members, the club dues is waived, but that doesn't mean that 55 reward points are added to your total reward points: you still have to pay for the trip, either with cash or with reward points from purchases in their online shop.

You can even redeem your initial $200 fee in reward points. Further, they say that if you find the same trip elsewhere for less, they give you the trip for free.

Seems legit to me, but that doesn't mean it's a good value. Recruiting four members and waiving the dues, and then taking advantage of the $69 / person cruise trip might be a good deal though, assuming you can hook four other members.
                            Last edited by reklipz; 11-14-2013, 02:45 AM.

Comment

If you search for vacation sooner, itll give you the video and a pdf file explaning most of the business part

Comment

Working...
                              X