No announcement yet.

Camurai : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very clean, but since I absolutely hate maroon interiors, that kinda kills it for me, but hey its your car not mine!
    wat?

Comment

i expect better pix from a photographer cam... haha jm clean ride man.
      So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

thats one clean CB coupe you got there!

I will be lurking in the fog....watching!
        92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
        My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Finally! An update!

I finally managed to get my carbon fiber shift boot installed last night. And let me say, whatever jackhole at Honda designed the center console for this car should be lined up in front of a firing squad and SHOT! Three screws UNDERNEATH the thing holding it together?! Come on now!

Anyway, I got that installed, wired up the harness for the AV8132 (including the external amplifier) and installed amber corners. I ATTEMPTED to get the old exhaust off, but that wasn't happening. After half a can of PB Blaster and a generous application of a MAPP gas torch, the nuts at the converter stubbornly hang on. I'll have to borrow an impact wrench from one of the techs at work on my next day off. I'll also have to wait for my dash kit to get here to finish installing the stereo, although that should be fairly quick once it's here.

I also decided not to use the EL glow shift knob. After putting in the CF shift boot, I decided I like the look of the stock knob. I'll need to sand and paint the boot clip, though. The chrome is peeling...badly. It'll probably end up black.

Why am I using the deck's outboard amplifier rather than the Rockford amps, you ask? Because to use the Quart components I'm planning on for the front, I have to do a set of custom door panels at the least, and I'm currently a broke sucka! I have a couple of things in the works to bring in some extra cash, but they're not here yet. On that note, anybody know anyone in the northern New England area who needs some quality photos taken? I'm inexpensive and completely professional!

Edit* And at last, after 2 solid days of struggling, I finally got my exhaust installed! WOOHOO!! What a great feeling! It sounds good, and looks excellent - way more than I expected for such a bargain-priced exhaust system!
          Last edited by Camurai; 10-18-2007, 11:13 PM.
          ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
          '93 EX 5-speed coupe
          Short ram intake
          Tenrai Himoto catback
          Smashed front end
          Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

That is some mint ass interior! NICE!

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Future updates may take awhile. I hit a deer on the highway on my way home last night. The front end is pretty hosed. No collision insurance makes it all the more painful. Welcome to Maine. Photos will be forthcoming when I can manage it.
              ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
              Short ram intake
              Tenrai Himoto catback
              Smashed front end

Comment

So it's a fortunate thing that the body man is an old friend of the family. When he thought it was an insurance job (I forgot to tell him I don't have collision insurance) the estimate was $3422.35 for the repairs.

When I told him it was going to be out of pocket, that changed things considerably. He and I are working together to cut the cost down as much as possible. I ordered up some parts today, and so far I've cut $567.61 off the original total myself. We'll have to see what it comes out to, but dammit, there's no way in hell I'm letting this car go after owning it for three weeks, especially since I just put a bunch of parts on it. It will live again!

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                Short ram intake
                Tenrai Himoto catback
                Smashed front end

Comment

oh cam dude, thats sad to hear about the deer.

hope u get her fixed!

btw, love ur catalogue pics. interior is so clean.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                  Honda Accord Euro-R
                  Honda Odyssey Absolute
                  Honda City I-DSi
                  Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai

I finally managed to get my carbon fiber shift boot installed last night. And let me say, whatever jackhole at Honda designed the center console for this car should be lined up in front of a firing squad and SHOT! Three screws UNDERNEATH the thing holding it together?! Come on now!

well how would you have designed it then?

Comment

lookin good dude!
                      Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
                        well how would you have designed it then?
                        Slip fit in the center and four side screws to the center tunnel on each half, instead of four on the front and only two holding the rear. Then you wouldn't have to be a contortionist with an arm the size of a 4 year old's to remove the console without damaging anything. (Including yourself, it peeled the skin off the back of my finger and I bled like a stuck pig for about 20 minutes.)

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                        Short ram intake
                        Tenrai Himoto catback
                        Smashed front end

Comment

Nice and clean. OH BTW, I want those wheels. I need those wheels, Nice.

Comment

Sorry no photos yet. I've been having A LOT of computer issues lately, along with my car troubles. Did want to do a mini-update, though. Parts have started coming in for the repair work. Got my passenger headlight assembly and radiator fan yesterday, and the rest of it shouldn't be far behind. The front end was being torn apart last I knew, and the body man was waiting on the radiator support to really get to work. Most of the parts are scheduled to get here around the 29th or 30th. If all goes well, I could be back on the road by the weekend after this one. That'd be pretty sweet.

In the meantime, I started wiring up the harness for the head unit for lack of anything better to do. I'll need to get some more wire to extend the harness for the Eclipse external amp, but other than that, it's completed. The head unit will go in as soon as I get the car back, and the sub should follow pretty soon after.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                            Short ram intake
                            Tenrai Himoto catback
                            Smashed front end

Comment

Wow thats a clean interior! Looking good
                              FBP 99 Acura 2.3 CL 5 spd (mods a plenty) Estoril 98 BMW M3 Sedan(under construction)
                              Penn State University '08...better than your school since 1855
                              Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity Incorporated
                              UTI Class of '10, BMW "STEPchild"
                              Acurazine.com Mod Squad

Comment

dood!! we got the same car..

Cheers
                                My Ride...

Comment

Working...
                                X