Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k
    however i thought about setting up a push/bull bar for the cb7 on the rally car but there isnt any way to mount the bar to something rigid unlike a frame type vehicle.

my friend's ford ranger, his push bar is welded directly to the frame so if he ever hits something, its gonna put some damage somewhere.

btw: a cam seal is easy.
    BTW: a cam seal is not so easy 20 miles from home with no tools in a bank parking lot.
    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
    Short ram intake
    Tenrai Himoto catback
    Smashed front end
    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Originally posted by Joey
      Really can't blame the deer on the car... and they were probably the bulk of the expense.
      Still, I understand your frustration. Good news is you have a car with about a third as many miles as most of us that you can actually afford to fix when it breaks.

Soldier on.
      I really can't afford to fix it. I'm putting money into the car that was earmarked for other bills. I'm already pretty deep in the hole, and every repair makes it worse.
      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
      Short ram intake
      Tenrai Himoto catback
      Smashed front end

Comment

Originally posted by Camurai
        BTW: a cam seal is not so easy 20 miles from home with no tools in a bank parking lot.
        i doubt that much oil is going to pour out between those twenty miles. at least not compared to a main seal.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well, I picked the car up tonight, and there's definitely something seriously wrong. There's a hell of a racket coming from behind the timing cover, the valves are knocking and the car pings like crazy. My guess is the main bearing is going. Also, I think the asshats that did the work don't know their elbows from their assholes and couldn't time a car to save their lives. This is rather quickly becoming the money pit. And to forestall any good-natured suggestions on what everybody thinks I should do, I'm going to drive it as is and save up my money until I can afford an H22A. I'm swapping the bitch out. To hell with it. If I have to replace the engine, I may as well do what I hoped to do in the future anyway.

And wed3k, ENOUGH. I DIDN'T limp it home. You don't need to continue to try to tell me how easy it would have been to do so. That's called beating a dead horse. And since I suspect a main bearing failing, my guess is with it hemorrhaging oil the way it was, I wouldn't have made it 3 miles, nevermind 20. LET IT GO.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
          Short ram intake
          Tenrai Himoto catback
          Smashed front end

Comment

considering theese cars are 18 years old things are going to break especially if alot of parts are original. dont look at it like a curse thing of it as a blessing if you had some domestic junk iron that was new the same shit would happen and you would be more pissed because the car is new. when something breaks on my cb i just up greaded to a better after market part. my f22 head gasket blew! i didnt fix i just upgraded to an h22. if you keep fixing broken crap over and over again of course it's going to break again and again.

it's the equivalent buying used tire they always blow or go flat. but then you complain the car is a piece of crap it's not the car it's the owner that should be taking care of his car. im not rich i just save my money so i have money for thing's. ( if you love your cb. you cb will love you back)
            My 92 accord

Comment

Originally posted by eulogy_1981
              but then you complain the car is a piece of crap it's not the car it's the owner that should be taking care of his car.
              I only bought the car about 6 months ago. I am typically meticulous in my vehicle maintenance schedule. And if you'll note, I'm not complaining that the car breaks down. Every car is running on used parts, and every car breaks down. I'm fairly well aware of this particular phenomenon, as I've been driving for almost 20 years. My complaint is that it never seems to happen when I'm anywhere near my house, where I have access to a decent amount of tools and it will cost me considerably less money to have the vehicle towed. If I really needed to, I could tear the engine down and rebuild it in my driveway, and would probably gleefully do so without complaint. In fact, that would give me the opportunity to add a few parts, such as a cam regrind, Blacktrax IM spacer, Bisi IM gasket, etc. I'd have a tough time choosing between that and an engine swap though.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
              Short ram intake
              Tenrai Himoto catback
              Smashed front end

Comment

Originally posted by eulogy_1981
                considering theese cars are 18 years old things are going to break especially if alot of parts are original. dont look at it like a curse thing of it as a blessing if you had some domestic junk iron that was new the same shit would happen and you would be more pissed because the car is new. when something breaks on my cb i just up greaded to a better after market part. my f22 head gasket blew! i didnt fix i just upgraded to an h22. if you keep fixing broken crap over and over again of course it's going to break again and again.

it's the equivalent buying used tire they always blow or go flat. but then you complain the car is a piece of crap it's not the car it's the owner that should be taking care of his car. im not rich i just save my money so i have money for thing's. ( if you love your cb. you cb will love you back)
                whats a domestic piece of crap? if its a car built in america then its not most domestic cars. half of the domestic cars on the road today are asian cars rebadges. most of the japanese cars on the road today are built in america. what are the first three characters in your vin number? 1HG or JHM?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth
                  whats a domestic piece of crap? if its a car built in america then its not most domestic cars. half of the domestic cars on the road today are asian cars rebadges. most of the japanese cars on the road today are built in america. what are the first three characters in your vin number? 1HG or JHM?
                  More Jap cars are made in America than most domestic.

Alot of domestics are made in Mexico or Canada

Thats not what that means, EVEN if it was built in the US it still is an IMPORT

Yes most domestics from our time (90-93) were SHIT.
                  wat?

Comment

i see just as many old cavaliers and neons on the road today as i do accords and civics

Comment

i see just as many old cavaliers and neons on the road today as i do accords and civics
                      Most of them overall are in worse condition. Plus not as easy to work on or as cheap to get parts for.
                      Neons are shit

The first year for Neons was 1995, way after CB's

The Sundances and equivalents were even more shitty.

Anyway, seems like you just like to argue, and I don't feel like arguing.
                      wat?

Comment

not really arguing. its just that my statement is a fact. i see a lot of old domestics on the road. your statements as well as the statements of the guy i first replied to are opinion. your statements are not fact but are presented as fact. just pointing that out. i really dont care what you think

Comment

# of Neons made >>>> # of Accords, Civics made...
                          Originally posted by sweet91accord
                          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Well mine isn't Rosewood but maybe cursed. Driving it all the way back from Florida didn't cause any trouble. Only when I get back, the clutch master cylinder starts to leak badly. When that is fixed, the slave cylinder does the same thing. The funny thing is that it only happens either before or after I go/come back on/from a long distance.

Last time me and my friends planned to go on a road trip to Virginia Beach, the day just before we were supposed to leave, the distributor breaks down and the car won't even start.
                            NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                              # of Neons made >>>> # of Accords, Civics made...
                              really

where did you get your information?

Comment

really

where did you get your information?
                                X2. The Accord has been the best-selling car in the world for a long, LONG time. Add in the number of Civics sold and you could swamp a fifth of the passenger car market just with those two combined. Hell, even the Ford Taurus has outsold the Neon by a long margin.

Project Deerslayer

'93 EX 5-speed coupe
                                Short ram intake
                                Tenrai Himoto catback
                                Smashed front end

Comment

Working...
                                X