Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How much time to change Upper Control arm ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much time to change Upper Control arm ?

Like the title said :P How much time does it take to change the 2 front Upper control arm thx

Takes me 30 minutes. Cake

Comment

haha just do it, when you start working you'll get a rhythm going and just get it done. Don't worry about it.

Comment

it's pretty easy man. from 1 to 10 10 being hardest i'd say this is a 2
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

yea 30 minutes is plenty time...very easy job....i lost count on how many times i have done this ..
          My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Except when that ball joint is stuck on there real good and you gotta beat the crap out of it.

Comment

Do all of you have power tools?
              I find it hard to work around suspension without any.
              I used a old worn old breaker bar, not really effective.

Vouch for: Jarhead293, 2.2litrebeater, Darkshadow707, slammed4thgen, Pacman91ex.

Comment

When the ball joint gets stuck, it's a pain. I've never had a problem with that, thankfully!

If you need to use a puller or any amount of force to knock it out... put a nail in the cotter pin hole... make sure it fits as tightly as possible. That will help prevent the stud from squishing.

Comment

I did 2 hours on mine the fact me is a total NOOB with no experience whatsoever. Also the fact that the 14 year old bolts are stuck tight and the nut on the baljoint is stuck as well. Another fact is my neuspeed bar is in the way. Overall it's real easy. When you have a balljoint stuck just pound it with a hammer. I never used any puller or some sort of special tool. You might wanna follow quickangel93's thread about the procedure of remove and install. Real easy.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

use proper torque specs!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

very simple install if nothing is stuck.. mine took probably half an hour. but the boot on mine was crap in a couple days from stones, so i borrowed an oem boot from a civic arm from my neighbor. taking it apart the second time was major PITA... i bet i smacked that thing with a hammer for an hour. had to grind off the bottom couple threads too because i bashed the piss out of them.

on that note.. good luck -- and hopefully get it right the first time unlike me lol
                      RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

Originally posted by led_fut
                        very simple install if nothing is stuck.. mine took probably half an hour. but the boot on mine was crap in a couple days from stones, so i borrowed an oem boot from a civic arm from my neighbor. taking it apart the second time was major PITA... i bet i smacked that thing with a hammer for an hour. had to grind off the bottom couple threads too because i bashed the piss out of them.

on that note.. good luck -- and hopefully get it right the first time unlike me lol

Yea, haha, dont hit the threads....Also, while smacking it with a hammer is pretty much they way to do it, professionally or no, (pickle forks suck, unless you are replacing the arm.) It IS possible to smack the taper in the knuckle out of round. If you are deforming the knuckle terribly, you might need some heat.

A tank of MAPP gas from sears is your best friend when working with suspension. Just be aware of where you are aiming the heat, and have spares of whatever rubber you might melt or whatever. (the boot, in this case. again, if you are replacing the arm it doesnt matter.) At any rate, you wouldent belive how much it helps.

Comment

Less than 40 min total
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                          X