Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

better sway bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 91 accord ex too and I bought the front and rear st sway bars and it made a huge difference especially with the polyurethane bushings. They are made for lowered cars but will fit on a stock height suspension.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Comment

Is wagon rear bar bigger than sedan (4 gen accord)?

Comment

I know someone with an LX who just put Addco sway bars on his CB. For an LX that already has Neuspeed race springs and Koni yellow struts he said it makes a huge difference.

I have CD5 EX sway bars on mine. Got them from a JY.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

So cd5 rear sway bar is 16mm?

Comment

I think it's actually 15mm making it a useless upgrade over a CB Accord that already has a 14mm. I may or may not have felt a difference on my '93 EX when I swapped a 16mm CL bar on there. It's hard to tell because coilovers went on at the same time.

I have a Progress rear bar now that I need to put on and it is simply no comparison to the others. It's solid and 22mm-thick.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The Addco sway bars I seen the other day are massive. 1" or 25.5mm for the front and 7/8" or 22.25mm for the rear.

I did notice a difference with Cd5 EX sway bars but I think it was mostly because of the new end links and bushings.

edit- I searched a little and found some more info on aftermarket sway bars.

The ST front bar is 1-1/16" or just under 27mm. The rear ST bar is 13/16" or just under 20.75mm.

Progress rear is 22mm.

Ultra Racing rear is 19mm.
              Last edited by 2winRB25; 08-15-2013, 08:19 AM.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                I think it's actually 15mm making it a useless upgrade over a CB Accord that already has a 14mm. I may or may not have felt a difference on my '93 EX when I swapped a 16mm CL bar on there. It's hard to tell because coilovers went on at the same time.

I have a Progress rear bar now that I need to put on and it is simply no comparison to the others. It's solid and 22mm-thick.
                I think youre right. Checked ebay for sway bushings for cd5 and its written they are 15mm.

I would love to mount Progress sway bar but in Poland performance parts market practically don't exist. Even some parts are available they are extremally expensive. So I thougt about some Oem upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post

Having owned two Accord wagons, I can confirm that the stock rear sway bar is 15 mm.

Like Jarrett, I have upgraded to the Progress rear sway bar (22mm). However, you should note that Progress no longer makes their sway bar for our Accords. I had to find mine on Ebay.

Comment

They do, but only in limited runs. I got mine brand new from somewhere that just got 10 of them in stock all of a sudden. I think a few people on the forum jumped on that a couple of months ago.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Progress has them in stock, I just got my rear bar last week.

Comment

Originally posted by DKR977 View Post
                        Progress has them in stock, I just got my rear bar last week.
                        I have to admit that I'm a bit upset that Progress wouldn't sell me a rear sway bar a couple months ago - and said they were discontinued. I hate dealing with the Ebay guys. And the one I found charged me more than Progress does for the bar.

Comment

IMO, the rear sway bar is one of the best upgrades for handling. You'll definitely feel a difference after install. Theres also a DIY on a Progress rear sway bar install if you need help, when you get it of course lol

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                          My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                          Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Yea I know what to expect. My cb3 had rear bar in standard. Have it in my basement. Its annoying when my rear starting to dance.

Comment

Originally posted by wagon-r View Post
                              I have to admit that I'm a bit upset that Progress wouldn't sell me a rear sway bar a couple months ago - and said they were discontinued. I hate dealing with the Ebay guys. And the one I found charged me more than Progress does for the bar.

alot of our parts are officially discontinued thats why i want to see a whole flooding of quality replica stuff hit the market.

Comment

I bought a Progress bar last week for $165 shipped. Put it on last Friday and had fun all weekend. Definitely worth the price, makes the rear of the car feel more stable. My front tires would screech up the offramp at 55 mph before; I was able to go up at 60 mph with no tire noise after installing just the rear sway bar.

Pic for giggles and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X