New keychain design contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New keychain design contest!

Ok, I recently sold the last two original CB7tuner.com keychains. They generated more interest than I expected, so I want to get some more made!

However, I don't want to reuse the old design. It was a fantastic design... clean, simple, elegant... but it's been done. It's time for a new design!

So this is where I need your help. My artistic skills aren't what they used to be, and I'm having a difficult time coming up with a suitable design. Plus, I think if we work together as a community to create the new design, it'll be more meaningful.

What I need

-A clean, simple design featuring the CB7tuner.com logo. The design will be minted on a round 39mm (1.5") bronze medallion, so keep that in mind (crazy levels of detail will be lost, so keep it clean and simple!)
    -The source I have in mind offers an option for hand-enameling. We had this on the last keychains (see the yellow logo on the image linked below), and the work was fantastic. I'm hoping to include some color on these new ones as well. It doesn't have to be the logo. It can be something else, with the logo left plain... it can be something else AND the logo... or possibly it could be something else in color, and the logo in black (I'll have to check on the additional cost for 2 colors.)
    -The source says they can match Pantone colors... so it would be totally rad if someone could find the pantone equivalents to the most common North American CB colors! I mean, why should we settle for "green" when we can have "arcadia green"? (due to cost of production, I PROBABLY won't be able to match the less common colors... and some colors may just not look right... I apologize in advance to anyone with an oddball color!)

What you get:

-The winning designer gets a free keychain, a free set of decals, and notoriety among your peers
    -The person to provide a full, verifiable list of Pantone color codes for all North American CB paint colors will also get a free keychain.

When is the deadline?

There is no deadline. The point is to find a suitable keychain design. I don't want anyone to rush, and I don't want to be forced to pick an entry that isn't really the best suited for the purpose (merely the best of the submitted entries.) Hopefully we'll find the right design quickly, so we can get these made and dangling from your CB7 key... but I don't want to put a time limit on it. These won't be terribly cheap, so I want to make sure they're worth the price!

Designs and color codes can be posted in this thread if you don't mind people seeing what you're doing. If you wish to keep it private, send it to me via PM (at the moment, it'll be safer than email.)
    Feedback is appreciated on any publicly posted designs, but I will be making the final decision. It won't be up for public vote.

As a reference, here's a picture of one of the last batch.
    The picture is HUGE to show detail, so I'll just leave a link to it:
    HERE

Subscribed.

my member's ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by g7kobayashi View Post
      Subscribed.
      x2

Originally posted by Dr.x
      You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Deev,

Where do we submit the designs?

Is there a preferred format?

Comment

Post them here, send them via PM, or send them to me in an email at deevergote@comcast.net (though that email address may be changing soon... there are issues that I'm having with Comcast...)

No real preferred format at the moment. Just in need of a design. If extra work needs to be done once the design is selected, I'll be in touch with the person that created it to see what can be done.

Comment

-The person to provide a full, verifiable list of Pantone color codes for all North American CB paint colors will also get a free keychain.
            what are the major colors? i have found a way to compile a list but it will take hours. i was going to create a chart of just the major ones
            visit vgruk

Comment

Here is the link to the colors by year. If you dig around in that forum the answer might just be in there.
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=72709

edit:
              I had an epiphany. I am not good with data, so I cannot execute this...
              but if you cross the info from the above paint colors thread, with the info from this thread-http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166748
              our member's color specific postings- you can figure out what the top 10-15 colors of CB owned by the community.
              Last edited by LadyG; 08-21-2015, 06:40 PM.
              Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Ah yes... Now to find Pantone codes that correspond with PPG codes (if that's possible.... but it's something to work on!)

As for the popular colors, I figure we can do white, black, phantom gray, arcadia green, bordeaux red, seattle silver... I might just do a poll.

Comment

I've gotten a few PMs, and discussed some options with OG members... but so far nothing has been tied down.

I know you guys have some ideas. I want to hear them!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    As for the popular colors, I figure we can do white, black, phantom gray, arcadia green, bordeaux red, seattle silver... I might just do a poll.
                    Poll is up.

For 90-91 accords: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=207102

For 92-93 accords: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=207103

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Excellent.

Thank you sir!