Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I realize this isn't a CB7 but... but thought you might find it interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize this isn't a CB7 but... but thought you might find it interesting

Came across this while researching prices before listing my 93SE. It's in extremely nice condition with unbelievable low mileage and amazing condition... yes, even better than mine. It's out here in Phoenix where I live and if it weren't for the price it would be hard to resist.

One Owner: 10K Mile 1998 Acura Integra Type R
    Code:
    http://bringatrailer.com/2015/03/16/one-owner-10k-mile-1998-acura-integra-type-r/
    This 1998 Integra Type R (VIN JH4DC2315VS004273) is on offer by its original owner who claims it has only 10k and change miles from new. The car appears to come with a stack of documentation including the window sticker, and as the ad points out not many of these special lightweight models were offered in the US. Powered by a hand-built B18C twin cam four good for nearly 9k RPM, these are often regarded as perhaps the best-handling FWD cars ever built. Find this one here on eBay in Phoenix, Arizona with no reserve and bidding surpassing the original sticker price. Special thanks to BaT reader Jim C. for this submission!

The listing on eBay is here:
    Code:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/141601653407?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    It's currently going for US $36,300.00 and still has 3 days left!

Note: I am not connected with this car or owner in any way but thought you might find it interesting to know there are some of "us" still out there who take really good care of our cars...
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

I saw it the other day when it was at $15,000. I'm not surprised the price went up, but I AM a bit surprised that it went up so much!

It's a shame the fender was damaged and replaced. Even though it was replaced with a genuine Acura part, and the damaged fender still comes with it... that hurts. Still, it's amazing to see the car like that. It's as if it were in a time capsule!

Sad, in a way, though. One of Honda's greatest achievements... a car that is still thrilling to drive even compared to modern cars... and this guy sat on it for nearly 2 decades. Barely driven 10,000 miles. A car that SHOULD be driven.

Comment

Fender looks easily fixable, at least. Bidding is stupid this soon after production end, imo, but obviously it's worth that much to someone.

There was a DC5-R locally for $16k last year. I almost went out for the loan, and now I'm regretting that I didn't. But there are at least two or three in the state, so maybe one day one will go up again...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Wow 36k!! EDIT 37 905$ with 3 days left!!!

As someone pointed out, I'd be hesitant to drive it and depreciate the investment, but it IS a car you want to drive
        Last edited by Flip-Eye; 03-18-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Not really surprising on the bidding, it's a collector grade car.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

You think the winner will realize he or she has just $40k on a 17 year old Honda.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

With only 4000 sold in the US, many of which have been crashed, modified, or otherwise ruined... NONE of which are sitting in a climate-controlled garage with 10,000 miles on the odometer, and at least 25,000 miles worth of tread on the ORIGINAL tires (which I wouldn't suggest anyone actually drive on... ) This car is one of a kind. If any ITR is worth this much, it's this one.

The fender is the only blemish. It has been replaced with a proper part... but it means the original is damaged, and if I paid 40 grand for an ITR, it would forever irk me that it had a body panel replaced.

Comment

Ironically what attracted me to this was a posting on TTAC:
                Code:
                http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/03/forget-air-cooled-porsches-next-classic-car-goldmine/
                "Forget Air-Cooled Porsches, This Is The Next Classic Car Goldmine

If you’re looking to make money in classic cars, the air-cooled Porsche 911s are what finance types would call a “crowded trade”. Everyone and their mother wants one, no matter how awful or over-priced. Time to turn your attention towards something not so overvalued.

At just over $28,000, this Acura Integra Type-R is a steal. It’s nearly new, in bone stock condition (hard to find, since most have been crashed, stolen or chopped for parts) and in the most desirable color. Only a handful of real Type-Rs ever came to America and they represent the pinnacle of the golden age of front-drive Hondas. Think of it like buying a Shelby GT350 in the late 1970’s. You know what they’re worth now."

Of course that was on the 16th when the ITR was still ONLY a little over $28,000! Obviously there are those who believe the value is worth far more but isn't the current price of US $40,100.00 pushing it up there toward NSX or 911 prices?
                Last edited by hiptech; 03-19-2015, 02:03 PM.
                My Collection:
                93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

The NSX is a better car, for sure... but nearly 9000 NSXs were sold in the US throughout their entire run. Only 4000 ITRs were sold here. People that just see it as a "souped up Integra" don't get the value of it. But people that see the distinct differences between a run of the mill Integra and an Integra Type R see the value and rarity of it.
                  Also, a 98 NSX in similar condition would likely fetch a price well over $50,000. The NSX, being a very expensive car when new, tends to be in better condition. Of those 9000 NSXs, it's likely the majority of them still exist, and a good number of those have been kept in great condition, even if they've swapped hands two or three times. The ITR, on the other hand... I've seen a number of them that have been abused. 2nd and 3rd owners modifying and beating on them mercilessly... treating them like any other standard Integra.

Still, I agree with that comment about Porsches, and that the more-rare Japanese performance cars are now going to start becoming more desireable. A pristine Galant VR-4 is going to get well over $10,000 these days. I wouldn't be surprised if a well-maintained and documented B13 Sentra SE-R (with the SR20DE) will also become a desirable collector's item, too.

Comment

Wow @ that engine bay. I wouldn't be surprised if a dealership bought this...

Comment

That would be a great showroom display piece for an Acura dealership, for sure!

Comment

I see a $2000 US deposit. I wonder what the payment contract will be. I groan with a deep yearning for this car. DEEEEEEP! If I didn't put $13,000 into the CB, man, I would not be able to control myself. It calls our names.
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

How much for the clock?

I wonder what MSRP was for this beautiful ride?
                          Originally posted by cb7dazz
                          And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          ...for example

Comment

With the A/C, probably a bit over $24,000.

Comment

sweet pristine example. should be put in the honda museum in Ohio..the owner is going to shit kittens when he see's how much paypal and ebay cut into his profits...oh and Uncle Sam will come with a hand out also. I hope it goes to a worthy purchaser too.

Comment

Working...
                              X