CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > DIYs > Engine DIYs

Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #21
Bad_dude
CB7tuner Member

Bad_dude seems to have made some friends! Bad_dude seems to have made some friends!
Question

Hey Ryan,
I went to the junkyard and took the pressure relief valve off and there's only a spring that came out. The valve does not come off does it?
Also the plate on mine, directly behind the valve and behind that of the high pressure hose connection on the pump is crack and I think that is what causing the little leak. If I replace that plate, item #7 on the diagram, it might stop the leak. My question is if I take that plate off will the valve shoot out from the spring being in the front of that portion?

Either that or my leak is coming from seal #20 and not the shaft seal.

Thanks.

Last edited by Bad_dude; 03-28-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Bad_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #22
RyanD
CB7tuner Member

RyanD seems to have made some friends! RyanD seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to RyanD Send a message via Yahoo to RyanD Send a message via Skype™ to RyanD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_dude View Post

Hey Ryan,
I went to the junkyard and took the pressure relief valve off and there's only a spring that came out. The valve does not come off does it?
Also the plate on mine, directly behind the valve and behind that of the high pressure hose connection on the pump is crack and I think that is what causing the little leak. If I replace that plate, item #7 on the diagram, it might stop the leak. My question is if I take that plate off will the valve shoot out from the spring being in the front of that portion?

Either that or my leak is coming from seal #20 and not the shaft seal.

Thanks.
iif the plate is cracked then that would cause a leak. i would take off both plates to replace the one to not risk the valve shooting out.

ithe valve is in there its just really far in the tube
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #23
RyanD
CB7tuner Member

Send a message via AIM to RyanD Send a message via Yahoo to RyanD Send a message via Skype™ to RyanD
just updated the thread with pics of the pressure valve. enjoy and i hope it helps!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
Bad_dude
CB7tuner Member

Bad_dude seems to have made some friends! Bad_dude seems to have made some friends!
Question

Thanks bud. Does the valve just sit floating inside the chamber or do you have to unbolt it? What part of the valve do you blow out? That little hole in the middle?
Every fixed your problem after rebuilt?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
just updated the thread with pics of the pressure valve. enjoy and i hope it helps!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #25
RyanD
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Thanks bud. Does the valve just sit floating inside the chamber or do you have to unbolt it? What part of the valve do you blow out? That little hole in the middle?
Every fixed your problem after rebuilt?
Thanks.
Yes it floats. Blow out the top and the little hole. My pump ran dry for to long. I had to get a new one that I'm fixing to rebuild
Old 04-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #26
Bad_dude
CB7tuner Member

Question

Do I spray the valve with some brake cleaner then blow it out or leave the oil on there then blow?
Thanks.
Quote:
Yes it floats. Blow out the top and the little hole. My pump ran dry for to long. I had to get a new one that I'm fixing to rebuild
Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #27
RyanD
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Do I spray the valve with some brake cleaner then blow it out or leave the oil on there then blow?
Thanks.
Either or
Old 04-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #28
s2cmpugh
CB7tuner Member

s2cmpugh is cool... so far.
Thanks for the DIY, it really helped when I replaced my seals yesterday. I do have a question though; after I tightened everything back together, I had use a wrench to rotate the pump as I couldn't do it by hand anymore. Did this happen to you?

Thanks!
s2cmpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #29
RyanD
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2cmpugh View Post
Thanks for the DIY, it really helped when I replaced my seals yesterday. I do have a question though; after I tightened everything back together, I had use a wrench to rotate the pump as I couldn't do it by hand anymore. Did this happen to you?

Thanks!
It did and to this day I could never figure out why. It seems normal.

Glad the day helped!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #30
s2cmpugh
CB7tuner Member

s2cmpugh is cool... so far.
Thank you sir! My only guess is that the new seal around the shaft produces a very tight fit and might add some friction until things get spinning fast again.
s2cmpugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #31
Mishakol129
CB7tuner Member

Mishakol129 may have said something they shouldn't have...
So what does reverse thread mean, that I have to turn it to the right to loosen it instead of the left?

Just ordered the kit from Rock, gonna consult the Honda manual as well as this. Thanks for the info!

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144
Mishakol129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:30 PM   #32
RyanD
CB7tuner Member

just a quick little update since i last did the rebuild. pump still runs like its brand new. now my rack leaks damn salty old bitch
Old 09-15-2014, 10:38 PM   #33
wildBill83
CB7tuner Member

wildBill83 seems to have made some friends!
Yup, my rack developed a leak this last winter... It's on the list for the SE rebuild coming up this winter.

So when are you doing a rack rebuild thread RyanD?
wildBill83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #34
RyanD
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildBill83 View Post
Yup, my rack developed a leak this last winter... It's on the list for the SE rebuild coming up this winter.

So when are you doing a rack rebuild thread RyanD?
sure why not ill take a crack at it.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:46 AM   #35
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
I remember this! We took this thing apart and put it back on probably 15 times. Good times, good times...

Any little piece if debris will clog that pressure relief right up. Then push the shaft seal out as soon as it builds pressure. I cannot count how many times I watched that thing piss it's self seconds after putting it back on.

I don't think I will ever forget how to rebuild one though.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #36
RyanD
CB7tuner Member

LMAO! i think i went through like 4 bottles of PSF those 2 days. man that sucked.

i remember now.your house is cursed. it took me an hour when i first did it. then i come to your place and it takes 2 days!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:16 PM   #37
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
LMAO! i think i went through like 4 bottles of PSF those 2 days. man that sucked.

i remember now.your house is cursed. it took me an hour when i first did it. then i come to your place and it takes 2 days!
Yeah at like what $7.50 a bottle? And it was cold as fuck. Luckily now my shit's insulated and heated. You moved back home just in time to miss out on the good shit. Things were just starting to get real when you left.

Do a rack rebuild though man seriously. I'm going to puss out and get one from Detroit Axle. He went up in prices though and he keeps steadily climbing... He's at $140 shipped currently up from $120 shipped 6 months ago.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:18 PM   #38
ca93accord
CB7tuner Member

ca93accord is cool... so far.
RyanD,
i know this post was back in 2013 but i was wondering if you are able to post those pictures again. You probably do not have them. If someone asked me to re-post pictures that i posted a few years ago, i probably would have a hard time finding those pictures. that is ok if you don't have those pictures, i just had to try and ask. i am in the process of rebuilding my power steering pump. I will try to make a video or take pictures to share as i carefully take apart the pump.
ca93accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:01 AM   #39
H311RA151N
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca93accord View Post
RyanD,
i know this post was back in 2013 but i was wondering if you are able to post those pictures again. You probably do not have them. If someone asked me to re-post pictures that i posted a few years ago, i probably would have a hard time finding those pictures. that is ok if you don't have those pictures, i just had to try and ask. i am in the process of rebuilding my power steering pump. I will try to make a video or take pictures to share as i carefully take apart the pump.
Ryan doesn't get on here much anymore but I'll let him know.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:35 PM   #40
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
This exploded view can help to show where things go:

LOTS of CB7 parts - ENTIRE COLLECTION - FREE
Come and get it.
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583 or watch for banner ad at upper right
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: