Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help!! speakers keep blowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sway View Post
    just not able to make an exact opinion without actually being there and physically looking at your set up.
    werd up....i'd luv to help out a fellow cb7tuner but i have to be there

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Im sorry but if I saw a car come into my shop like that I would refuse to work on it. Get a professional to fix your install before it causes damage. Taking power from the fuse box like that will starve the rest of your electrical system. Run the power wire straight to the battery. You also need to ground the amp to bare metal not just any bolt that is easy to get at. sand down a spot of bare metal and use 3 sheet metal screws to screw the connector to the bare metal. Then use primer paint in a spray can to spray the bare metal so it wont rust. i will try to take pictures of my install so you know what I mean.

Also Run your gain on the amp as low as possible. The higher the gain the more distortion you will reproduce and the more subs you will blow.

Most importantly you have to remember that a speaker is an electric motor. its needs to be broken in before pushed hard or guaranteed you WILL blow it up. Run the sub at a low volume for approximately 30-40 hours. then try a higher volume.

These are the three most common mistakes I see with self install jobs on a daily basis so please dont take offence to anything I am saying i just want to help you do this properly.

Dont let these problems deter from you from running a stereo just do it right the first time and you wont have issues to deal with in the future.
      I have been doing installs and selling car audio for 3 years and I have never once blown up a sub in my own car and I have run a ton of sub combinations. I am running an 1100 watt rms sub amp right now in my car on 2 300 watt rms subwoofers and i push them hard every day and never had an issue. you just have to do it right and listen for distortion. if it doesnt sound right or clean anymore its too loud or being pushed too hard.
      Good luck!

^Click Me!^

Comment

Really?
        How can your starve the rest of your electrical system when all of it is coming from the same source? The worse problem you should have is blowing fuses left and right.

Gain doesn't destroy subs, clipping does.

We actually just finished a thread not to long ago about how subs do NOT need break in time. Do you know what happens to a speaker when it is "breaking in"

I'm not trying to question your intelligence but I've seen many statements like this.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

Gain doesn't destroy subs, clipping does.
          True story.
          DEVOTE

Comment

Whats frequency is your crossover set to, and do you have a inline fuse between your battery and your amp?
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

ok you amp has a 300 watt rating, that usually means 300 watts is the peak output power. only in short burst. look for the rsm/rms (i forget which one) power rating. that how many watts you amp can continously put out. im going to assume your amp has a rms of 150 watts. this should not be enough power to blow subs, or even power 2 400 watt subs with any authority. have you just tried to run 1 sub off that amp. how many ohms are u running from the amp? how many ohms are your subs rated for. also try grounding you amp to the body with a short fat gauge wire(should help with the engine noise. like loafer said sand the paint down to bare metal. it should be shiny like aluminum, not gray thats paint. a simple ring terminal should do the trick. oh yeah how are you subs wired, parallel or series. ive added a link about series and parallel wiring http://www.marktaw.com/recording/Ele...dSpeakers.html i would hook those subs up to somebody elses system just to make sure they are blown, do you see any damage to the surrounds, does the cone stil travel freely, one last thing check you polarity on those speakers
              "Yeah. I'm a tough rich pimp with a gun, a fast enzo, and a huge dick. Don't fuck with me."

Comment

The noise is either from running the rca cables next to the power wires to the amp( run them down separate sides of the car), or most likely a bad grounding wire location. It should be grounded as closely as posible to the amp. And make sure it is a solid frame section. Your speakers blowing is another story. Are they run in paralell or in series?If you have them running paralell you could be cutting the resistance in half and doubling the output power.Most amps come with instructions on how to wire different setups.

Comment

How long do the speakers last before blowing? If they play for awhile and then blow then it"s probably clipping. If they blow immediately (same day), then it"s a wiring issue.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    Really?
                    How can your starve the rest of your electrical system when all of it is coming from the same source? The worse problem you should have is blowing fuses left and right.
                    theres a wire between the fuse box and battery, by connecting at the fuse box you are now asking that stock wire to carry its intended load plus that of the amp. always connect power straight to the battery.

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                    Whats frequency is your crossover set to
                    x2, set it low. and your ground in the pic a bad one.
                    FA1

Comment

Pushings highs through a sub, that will blow them out too.
                      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater View Post
                        theres a wire between the fuse box and battery, by connecting at the fuse box you are now asking that stock wire to carry its intended load plus that of the amp. always connect power straight to the battery.

x2, set it low. and your ground in the pic a bad one.
                        Electricity takes the path of least resistance so adding upgraded wire to stock wire shouldn't affect anything.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Finally They Haven't Blown

I ended up turning everything down on my amp. And gradually increasing the levels. So far I have kept my subs for over a week. And they're cheap $20 walmart subs that sound alright for now until I get fosgate.
                          IridiumCore
                          HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
                          Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

Working...
                          X