p13 ecu problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p13 ecu problem

Okay have a 1993 lx 4d with an jdm h22a swap. Im currently running a pt3 ecu it makes the car drivable, but i have no vtec of course. i have the p13 i got with my swap, i pluged the p13 in it starts up fine, idles fine but wen i give it gas it stumbles and stalls im confused. i have two p13's one for a jdm motor the other a usdm motor, they both do the same thing.... Need Help ASAP!!!!

http://www.hamotorsports.com/socketedecus.html

also, has anybody ever herd of these guys??? was thinking of buying an chipped p28 with an h22 basemap, wat do u think??

Comment

Timing or wrong injectors .

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

the injectors are stock, i never adjusted the timing but i guess it can't hurt to try. Is there any other possable cause???

Comment

Intake leak. Spark plugs or wires. Fuel filter.

Comment

do you get any cel?

Comment

i have a cel cus my knock sensor is not wired and egr is blocked off, and an evap code.

Comment

Okay, the knock sensor code will put the ecu into limp mode. The evaporator code could be the cause of the stumbling.

Comment

injectors are "stock"? As in, stock CB7, or stock Prelude?

As said, you are throwing a CEL, and you are in limp mode. The reason the car runs fine on the PT3 is because that ECU doesn't look for a knock sensor.

Wire up the ECU correctly. Eliminate any codes. THEN start thinking the ECU might be bad.

Getting a chipped ECU with a random basemap is idiotic. If it's not tuned for YOUR engine, you shouldn't be running it. Stop looking for the easy way out, and put your car together properly.

Comment

I'm having the same issue myself with the JDM H22a. The injectors that came with the motor got lost some how (Dunno) bought more prelude injectors and still get the stumble. I am definately going to check the timing. Meanwhile I get a knock sensor and
                    O2 sensor code from the ECU.
                    IridiumCore
                    HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
                    Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

The "stumble" is usually due to the o2 sensor. I bet it doesn't give you a problem until the car is properly warmed up, right? That's because it only uses o2 sensor feedback once the engine is at operating temperature. Until then, it's running on pre-set fuel maps.

Comment

Yeah sort of. I mean I stumble the most when I'm pulling off after starting her for the day. Would the lack of the evap purge control solenoid have anything to do with that too..
                        IridiumCore
                        HCK-The Beginning

Comment

I'm not sure about that one. I wouldn't think so.

The best thing to do is to fix all known problems before trying to diagnose anything further.

Comment

Surething. Next weekend I'll work on that O2. The knock sensor was brand spanking new.
                            IridiumCore
                            HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Be sure to get a Denso or NTK/NGK sensor. Bosch sensors won't work (and that's what most stores will give you if you go in and ask for an o2 sensor.)

If the knock sensor is new, then double check the wiring for it. Although, it's not unheard of for a sensor to be bad right out of the box.

Comment

Working...
                              X