Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay exhaust questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay exhaust questions

Normally i am against non OEM parts but this is too decent of a deal to pay out the ass for OEM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...item2a121bbf70

Will this bolt up to an OEM exhaust manifold no problem?

Also will it bolt up to an OEM muffler piece?

I'm not interested in the muffler piece at all. I just want a quite car. Right the cat is gone so all the exhaust is coming out of the flex pipe ( or whats left of it )

I took a trip up to newyork this past saturday and my mid pipe broke leaving the cat dragging the ground. Well finally the cat just broke off and destroyed the flex pipe on its way out so i need 3 new pieces.

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
    Normally i am against non OEM parts but this is too decent of a deal to pay out the ass for OEM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...item2a121bbf70

I'm not interested in the muffler piece at all. I just want a quite car. Right the cat is gone so all the exhaust is coming out of the flex pipe ( or whats left of it )

I took a trip up to newyork this past saturday and my mid pipe broke leaving the cat dragging the ground. Well finally the cat just broke off and destroyed the flex pipe on its way out so i need 3 new pieces.
    Looks like its a direct replacement, funny how is says cat back but its a full exhaust with a test pipe.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

WOW!!! I bought this same exhaust system about 6 hrs ago lol. I should be getting it by the latest next tuesday so ill install it and let you know how it fits

I talked to the seller for about a week and there pretty nice people,and it is what it is in the picture. Everything there is it. So lets hope when i get it and install it theres everything and it sounds good

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

I say get it. OEM probably cost double that price, plus its all new and shiny looking lol. Make sure the seller is selling the entire header back kit. I was looking at this same exact kit just the other day. I'd run it on my car, minus the muffler, which I would trade out for magnaflow or flowmasters.
        We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
        Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Originally posted by dbales View Post
          I say get it. OEM probably cost double that price, plus its all new and shiny looking lol. Make sure the seller is selling the entire header back kit. I was looking at this same exact kit just the other day. I'd run it on my car, minus the muffler, which I would trade out for magnaflow or flowmasters.

Well by OEM i just ment the shit i can buy from rock auto

But from rock auto i can get only 2 pieces for about the price of this full kit

Does the 92-96 prelude downpipe fit our cars? It looked a little bit longer but im not sure.

I also wanted to make sure that the flange locations on this exhaust were in the same spot. Since its a kit and they clearly turned the mid pipe into 2 pieces then it is possible they altered the locations.

Comment

Canister is to big for me...something like apex ws2 looks and sounds amazing...always worth paying a little extra for quality

Comment

Originally posted by Jswappedsedan View Post
              Canister is to big for me...something like apex ws2 looks and sounds amazing...always worth paying a little extra for quality
              He specifically said he wasnt interested in the muffler section. He only needs the dp, cat/test pipe, and I believe the mid pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                He specifically said he wasnt interested in the muffler section. He only needs the dp, cat/test pipe, and I believe the mid pipe.
                Yeah I seen that but most of the time the piping is really raspy...I understand trying to save some money but if u want quiet...u might want to think of something else..u might actually be able to piece it and put it together for a little bit more...but sound a lot better

Comment

Yes

Yes

Comment

Yep. Just trying to replace what was lost/damaged on the highway. Too bad it fell off in newyork. I would have much rather it fell off in new jersey. At least no one would have noticed.

Comment

Yeah I seen that but most of the time the piping is really raspy...I understand trying to save some money but if u want quiet...u might want to think of something else..u might actually be able to piece it and put it together for a little bit more...but sound a lot better
                      Ive always been under the impression only the cheap headers and mufflers cause raspy notes, not the piping.

Comment

What sounds better and is still quite? I'm looking for lack of noise and cheap. Would the pipeing really make that much difference when used with an OEM muffler and exhaust manifold?

Comment

$171
                          Exhaust piping:
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOSAL...item5ae21846c3

Headers + Down pipe:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=179021

Comment

Ive always been under the impression only the cheap headers and mufflers cause raspy notes, not the piping.
                            Yes but some of the piping is real thin and honestly cheap piping...that's how they sell it so cheap...if it's thin u will here more noise...sounds raspy...at the shop I work at we tell the kids that all the time and even some times not everything bolts up direct...might need some adjusting here and there..one exhaust for a civic had to be cut and welded back at a different angle and welding that cheap metal is not easy
                            Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                            What sounds better and is still quite? I'm looking for lack of noise and cheap. Would the pipeing really make that much difference when used with an OEM muffler and exhaust manifold?
                            Just some thicker piping with a good resonator and what ever u like as a muffler...something a little more stock looking

If u ever heard a buddy club exhaust...it's a good exhaust but it's made out of good thin piping to reduce weight for racing but they sound raspy...they sound different
                            Last edited by JoshM; 09-27-2011, 09:19 AM. Reason: merged

Comment

I love how everyone always associates raspy with cheap, but have you priced a Pacesetter? Expensive and raspy! :P

Comment

Working...
                              X