No announcement yet.

9mm vs 45, Glock vs XD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its amazing how off topic a thread can get.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
      Its amazing how off topic a thread can get.
      It's a tough job....but SOMEbody has to do it!
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

if you are OC or CC, there should ALWAYS be a round in the chamber. like stated before, theres no point if you don't have one. the bad guy isn't going to give you time to chamber one nor will a situation arise where you'll have to do so. don't be stupid.

storing it. no. store it UNLOADED. no point in storing it loaded. especially if you have no intentions of using it a day to day basis.

to the OP. go with what YOU can handle. people will argue til they're blue in the face about what to carry. a normal sized person getting hit with a 9mm will stop. period. if you can handle a 9mm go for it. if you can handle a .45, go for it. go to the range, try out the different guns and different calibers. don't go by what everyone else will say.

IMO, i have held the XDM 9mm and it felt like it belonged in my hand even more so than my Smith&Wesson SD40VE. shot a Glock 9mm the other day and loved how little recoil i got from it compared to my 40s&w. just didnt like the Glock. lol. it's an iPhone to me. everyone has one. but they're all the same.

heres a vid to check out. Glock vs M&P vs XD

http://youtu.be/_mtZbusAo_c

Comment

Yea shit get's OT fast, but I can't let certain things go.

I've worked around weapons going on 11 years now, and I am more then comfortable with them.

I actually can't think of anything I take more serious, then weapons safety. They are fun to use and to go out to the range etc, but as with any tool(saws, drills etc), they can be just as deadly, so I don't fuck around with that.

So when I see information that I think is bad info, I just try to correct it.

Probably the military in me, old habits die hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Yea shit get's OT fast, but I can't let certain things go.

I've worked around weapons going on 11 years now, and I am more then comfortable with them.

I actually can't think of anything I take more serious, then weapons safety. They are fun to use and to go out to the range etc, but as with any tool(saws, drills etc), they can be just as deadly, so I don't fuck around with that.

So when I see information that I think is bad info, I just try to correct it.

Probably the military in me, old habits die hard.

Nothing wrong with preaching about gun safety man
            Originally posted by wed3k
            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

9mm>.45
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

well from my personal experience a 9mm is perfectly sufficient for self defense. I had talked to numerous people i.e. cops, detectives, gun fans and thats what the consensus was. my home defense 9mm, which mind you is a rather low end Ruger p95 double action with de-cocker is very manageable for multiple shots. has easy pull and light recoil for a 9mm. this is good IMO for target acquisition once first shot is fired to be able to re-aquire target for subsequent shots if necessary. even larger guys at the gun range with .45s get that big kick-back after their initial shot which in a self defense scenario can mean missing your second shot and losing your advantage.

ever see pulp fiction when the guy comes outta the room with what looks like a .45 revolver? he fires every bullet and misses on every one i know its just a movie.

so with a .45 lets just say you better be a good shot and at least get somewhere near center mass on a target. in which case one shot will do on most mortals lol

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                9mm>.45
                X2

-sean
                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX View Post
                  well from my personal experience a 9mm is perfectly sufficient for self defense. I had talked to numerous people i.e. cops, detectives, gun fans and thats what the consensus was. my home defense 9mm, which mind you is a rather low end Ruger p95 double action with de-cocker is very manageable for multiple shots. has easy pull and light recoil for a 9mm. this is good IMO for target acquisition once first shot is fired to be able to re-aquire target for subsequent shots if necessary. even larger guys at the gun range with .45s get that big kick-back after their initial shot which in a self defense scenario can mean missing your second shot and losing your advantage.

ever see pulp fiction when the guy comes outta the room with what looks like a .45 revolver? he fires every bullet and misses on every one i know its just a movie.

so with a .45 lets just say you better be a good shot and at least get somewhere near center mass on a target. in which case one shot will do on most mortals lol

X2

-sean
                  Just went to the range today...Rapid fire with my 1911 put 6/7 bullets into 5 inch circle at 20 yards. Good enough for me. I attribute most of it to the gun, damned thing is a tack driver.
                  Originally posted by sweet91accord
                  if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Another thing that people actually overlook with home defense weapons-

Power.

You want that .45 to lay down the baddies...

but do not think about its projectile power.

If you miss and send one into another room it might just end up in a loved ones head.

The best weapon for home defense really is shotties.

Sprays everywhere, but won't really pierce through walls, I guess depending on what it's loaded with.

But will clearly take down a full grown man.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                      Just went to the range today...Rapid fire with my 1911 put 6/7 bullets into 5 inch circle at 20 yards. Good enough for me. I attribute most of it to the gun, damned thing is a tack driver.
                      well most 1911s whether is be taurus or smith and wesson or ruger or whatever. it is a GREAT design and my absolute favorite gun. it can also come in different calibers. but yes a .45 1911 is like top of most peoples lists. not everyone can handle .45s keep in mind especially if it is this guys first gun. almost like getting a susuki hyabusa for your first motorcycle.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                      The best weapon for home defense really is shotties.

Sprays everywhere, but won't really pierce through walls, I guess depending on what it's loaded with.

But will clearly take down a full grown man.
                      absolutely, a pump action 12 guage shotgun is muy bueno. aint no running from that shit. but keep a tub of drywall spackle on hand. cuz those BBs gonna be all OVER the wall lol

-sean
                      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

this thread hurts my head
                        My Car
                        FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

It's off topic again. He is looking for info about handgun calibers, not shotgun.
                          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I have the s&w mp 9mm. I love it my wife loves it and it comes with interchangeable grips for all different hand sizes. I originally wanted a .45 but my wife didn't like the recoil so we went with the smaller caliber. Like everyone said its all based on preference.

When you pull out a gun, the person isn't going to sit there and figure out if its a 9mm or .45 caliber and think ok it's only a 9mm i can survive that.
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

He has plenty of info on handguns already, so I guess this thread has reached its peak.

Comment

I would rather have a .22, they kill more people in the US than any other caliber.
                                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                                X