This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
    I don't know why this is happening but sometimes, most of the time actually, the brake lamp light still comes on... I can get it to shut off buy turning the car off on off on really quick. Then it stays off till the next time

I have my high mount bulbless if that matters?
    Well this is ***. I turn the car on first thing in the day, the light comes on, i have to turn to on and of quick like 10 times then the light goes off, and its pretty much fine for the rest of the day, i disconnected the battery and it stayed off so far. Dunno, greencb7inkc says its not a problem for him.
    wat?

Comment

Actually...lol...speak of the devil...

I got that light yesterday. It came on and stayed on-until i turned the car off. When i turned it back on, it went away.

If it gives me anymore trouble, I'll post up. Im thinking it probably has something to do with wiring. Try re-wiring it or re-wrapping it. See if that helps.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Good stuff guys!

I've been trying to find all of theses LED's locally. About the only place I have not looked is Auto Zone. Just going to have to head down there later. Hopefully I can find at least part of the lights.

Mike (greencb7inkc) do you happen to have a before picture of your tails? Just looking for a before and after kind of thing.. And did you do this before the KC meet or after? I know I followed you for a few minutes but I wasn't paying that much attention to your brake lights besides letting them tell me when you were slowing/stopping. lol.

Comment

Uh....I wanna say i did this after the meet.

All i got is my cell. I'll see if my brother will let me borrow his cam, but i imagine Drew could probably get pictures up before i could.

The inner lights i couldnt notice a difference at all. They have a more pronounced "Red" look, since Im using red bulbs. And Since Im using the froward-facing LEDs in the outer parts, they light up with more of a dot then a "whole" look.

I know this is crude, but its a pretty good example actually

[:o:|:::]==[:::|:o:]

The inner pieces light up entirely. While the light in the outer pieces is mainly focused into that center "dot".

Lol. Like i said, Ill work on pics of mine but i think Drew's a little quicker on the draw than I am.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

the little bit of glow you see coming out of the lights is just a small amount of current still running through the bulbs after you turn the car off. ive had leds in my corners for well over a yr now and havent had a problem of them causing my battery to die.

Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #41

92 ex 5spd

Comment

And you're just waiting til page 3 to chime in?!?

Yeah, i figured they wouldnt drain on anything. Just when i first saw it i kinda freaked for second and thought maybe i did something wrong, but when my car started and the lights still worked, i was cool.

I like it and it does look kinda cool.

Comment

lol ive been creepin on the thread....lol im led in my license plate corners and dome/trunk lights lol

not to mention my dash and all my door lights

yea you gotta remember that leds pull far less energy than a standard filament bulb thus when you replace them you get the hyperblink, there also is always current running through your bulbs and electrical system but the whole system is set up so the bulbs need so much of it that they will not glow. since leds pull far less they will react to that minor about of current going through them, thus a nice very dim glow that you only notice at night

92 ex 5spd

Comment

While you're talking about it, how do you like the LED dome/door lights?

I have some blue "hyperwhite" filament bulbs in the dome/doors and ive compared them to a standard white bulb and the standard is actually brighter than the hyperwhite.

Im wandering if LEDs will be even brighter than the standard bulbs...

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                    While you're talking about it, how do you like the LED dome/door lights?

I have some blue "hyperwhite" filament bulbs in the dome/doors and ive compared them to a standard white bulb and the standard is actually brighter than the hyperwhite.

Im wandering if LEDs will be even brighter than the standard bulbs...
                    personally i think every led festoon bulb on the market is dim. they cram 8 very small leds in there. i like the look but it is dimmer than my standard bulb. it works good in the trunk where its a smaller space. oznium makes a 25 led replacement that i want to get and try. it looks like it would work good.

as far as in the doors, the one blue one i have in there will light the street up, they white ones dont. so it wouldnt be bad to just make your own board or get something a little bigger if you want usable light

92 ex 5spd

Comment

Hmm...thats what i was afraid of.

I really like the LED look, but I really want usuable light. And i dont wanna make 4 custom boards. Might just have to try 1 or 2 and see how they compare.

My trunk is a different story, lol. I re-wired an 1156 bulb in there cuz that little thing just wasnt doing the trick. At least now, if i wanted, i could put an LED bulb in there.

Comment

check these out...these are the dome lights http://www.oznium.com/led-domelight

i think those would work great in the dome and these flex lights could work great in the doors....http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

92 ex 5spd

Comment

Those dome lights dont look like theyd fit in ours...

Nice site. Those strips look pretty cool.

Comment

haha double linkage! k so i got the 194's in the cart.. im wondering what kinda bulb does the dome light use? i wanna get an Green LED bulb for it

edit: sry missed that post haha
                            soo which one would i use? and do u think it will fit under the lense still? i dont want the bulbs all exposed and ghetto

8 Accords so far:
                            '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                            '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                            (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1183
                              wat?

Comment

I used to know.

I wanna say 3175.

Comment

Working...
                                X