• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
      Nice
      Ya...... Did i mention spring is here!! It was 2C (35F) today! That's t-shirt weather! Time to start working on the car!

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
        Sweet. I need to give my CB some TLC soon too...

How's the retrofit coming?
        wow... guess i did order the wrong ones. These are huge!

MMmmmmmm (not sure if I needed the centric rings or not. Some confusing info about this.

Retrofitting headlights is something one doesn't appreciate until you do it. As a newbie back in the day I seen them but just thought it was a few parts and no big thing. But until you've done this you don't realize the time, money, research, and knowledge that is needed to retrofit lights.

Comment

i don't even get this excited at Christmas !

Comment

Retrofitting headlights is something one doesn't appreciate until you do it. As a newbie back in the day I seen them but just thought it was a few parts and no big thing. But until you've done this you don't realize the time, money, research, and knowledge that is needed to retrofit lights.
            I hear yah... I did mine over 10 years ago when most cars on the road didn't even have HIDs lol

Very good progress though! Taking on a project like that with no prior experience takes balls
            Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
              I hear yah... I did mine over 10 years ago when most cars on the road didn't even have HIDs lol

Very good progress though! Taking on a project like that with no prior experience takes balls
              Aww_shiet!

Man! Eight years ago it was your car that inspired me to go where I did with this car! I seen your car and fell in love with how your car looked!!! I could stare at your ride forever, I believe I had it as my background forever.

Me being on this site, how my car looks, where my car is going, and owning my car is because of your ride. NO lie!!!

So not to sound like a pimple faced school kid, but it's an honor for you to visit my MRT!!!

Thank You

Comment

I'm flattered! Yea, I've been MIA these past several years since the car had been recovered from theft and I had deevs move my MR thread to the Premium Section. I'm debating on whether or not I should have it moved back It's been gone for so long, I'm surprised some people even remember who I am lol

For your retrofit, I like the TommyGun/Gattling shrouds, kinda reminds me of Iron Man's Arc Reactor

The rings that you're running, are they CCFL or LED? I'm not sure how the new ones are made, but I learned the hard way that CCFL's are delicate; I have bought so many CCFL halos because my clumsiness (trust me, stupid HURTS ); even the guys who stole my car broke a few of my rings For replacement, I was thinking of running with either the ORION V2 MULTI-COLOR LED ANGEL EYES or the PREDATOR ORION V2 LED ANGEL EYES. I have a buddy that runs these same rings on his M3 and they are BRIGHT AS FK!

But anyway, now that I'm back I'll check in every now and then to chat it up and see the progress... Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by aww_shiet View Post
                  I'm flattered! Yea, I've been MIA these past several years since the car had been recovered from theft and I had deevs move my MR thread to the Premium Section. I'm debating on whether or not I should have it moved back It's been gone for so long, I'm surprised some people even remember who I am lol

For your retrofit, I like the TommyGun/Gattling shrouds, kinda reminds me of Iron Man's Arc Reactor

The rings that you're running, are they CCFL or LED? I'm not sure how the new ones are made, but I learned the hard way that CCFL's are delicate; I have bought so many CCFL halos because my clumsiness (trust me, stupid HURTS ); even the guys who stole my car broke a few of my rings For replacement, I was thinking of running with either the ORION V2 MULTI-COLOR LED ANGEL EYES or the PREDATOR ORION V2 LED ANGEL EYES. I have a buddy that runs these same rings on his M3 and they are BRIGHT AS FK!

But anyway, now that I'm back I'll check in every now and then to chat it up and see the progress... Keep up the good work!
                  Glad you're back, but i'd understand if you left with the S2000 to focus on. These are the 90mm XB LED White Halos from theretrofitsource, and they are bright as fuuk! I'm still trying to figure out how to mount these things in here, they don't want to sit flush inside the shroud, and I've seen videos of people mounting them to the outside but that just seems weird.

And I think of moving my MRT to the premium section all the time. Still debating it, I'd like to just start over to be honest...., too many pages in this MRT.

Comment

Ya, after sitting here for an hour debating on where I want these halos i decided to put them on the outside. I could put them on the inside, but the proper way to do that would be to get 100mm ones. The 90mm are made for the outside. And I like the halos on the outside anyways. The inside seems to cheesy...

And lesson learned. 90mm are for the outside of 3" projector. 100mm are for the inside. Also you don't need centric rings for the gatling gun shrouds, although the website says "Mounts with: Press fit, Centric Rings, or Epoxy (depending on projector)".

confusing information there to say they press fit but also use centric rings.
                    Last edited by Raf99; 03-25-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

A little bit of trimming to do and careful measuring...

Comment

And I think of moving my MRT to the premium section all the time. Still debating it, I'd like to just start over to be honest...., too many pages in this MRT.
                        tbh, although I appreciate the persuasively tranquil humanity of the Premium Section, there's not a lot of traffic that goes through there, which is also nice. But sometimes, it feels like I'm talking to myself lol

Comment

I think you may have an issue with those new shrouds. When i did my retrofit using the mini gatlings i had to trim them quite a bit to fit them inside the JDM bezel. With the gatling 2.0, being MUCH larger, you'll have a helluva time getting them in there unless you trim them down or cut a relief into the bezel itself.

Lookin' good so far though, man. Im bummed my CCFL rings broke. They're super fragile. I htink you made the right choice using LED rings.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Im bummed my CCFL rings broke. They're super fragile.
                            exactly! I broke my first set 5 minutes after installing my original retrofit when I closed my hood. You think you're done, then BAM oops lol

Comment

I think you may have an issue with those new shrouds. When i did my retrofit using the mini gatlings i had to trim them quite a bit to fit them inside the JDM bezel. With the gatling 2.0, being MUCH larger, you'll have a helluva time getting them in there unless you trim them down or cut a relief into the bezel itself.

Lookin' good so far though, man. Im bummed my CCFL rings broke. They're super fragile. I htink you made the right choice using LED rings.
                              Oh.... you couldn't be more correct on there I'm guessing you have the DS2 2.5".

Realizing the gatling guns are huge and the JDM bezel needs to fit snug on the reflector bowl.... there was an issue.

The gatling gun mini's fit way better and were easier to manage.

BUT........ even if you cut out the insides, the shroud won't fit over the DS2 3" projector, so here I am hacking them up to make it fit further down.

But even now....... they still don't fit properly. The projector doesn't come far enough out because the physical opening of the shroud is too small (and make it impossible to center it, level it, and secure it).

Sooooo let the creativity begin
                              On to the Gatling Gun (non-mini)....

This is one of those cuts where you measure for an hour, then cut once..

And........... this is where I am now

Comment

Oh.... you couldn't be more correct on there I'm guessing you have the DS2 2.5".

Realizing the gatling guns are huge and the JDM bezel needs to fit snug on the reflector bowl.... there was an issue.

The gatling gun mini's fit way better and were easier to manage.

BUT........ even if you cut out the insides, the shroud won't fit over the DS2 3" projector, so here I am hacking them up to make it fit further down.

But even now....... they still don't fit properly. The projector doesn't come far enough out because the physical opening of the shroud is too small (and make it impossible to center it, level it, and secure it).

Sooooo let the creativity begin
                                On to the Gatling Gun (non-mini)....

This is one of those cuts where you measure for an hour, then cut once..

And........... this is where I am now
                                This is what jchsmiley did with his.
                                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                                X