Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Accord maintenance and diag..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 Accord maintenance and diag..

My GF just bought at 93 4DR 4 cyl, auto with 160K that has obviously been neglected for who knows how long. The 18 year old we bought it from didn't know much of anything about anything, the PO before him wrote the T-belt had been changed at 73k on the inner fender well.

After buying it and looking into it more so I found alot to do. Looked to have original plug wires, tube seals were puking, bypassed power window relay, distributor o-ring and inner seal leaking, needed 2 tires & alignment possibly front end components, severely cracked drive belts, flashing D4 light.

I've changed the plug, wires, dizzy cap n rotor, valve cover gasket, fuel filter, burned some seafoam through the intake and added some to the tank, also checked the codes. There was a CEL #43 with no CEL on when running, from looking at the code def on this sight it's a fuel delivery issue, the D4 light is a #2 which is the lock up shift solenoid, also info I've read here

After changing the valve cover gasket and the tune up a cold start issue started. After holding the gas pedal down for a few minutes every morning the motor will hold idle and start normally the rest of the day, pretty weird..

Sorry for the long post. This is my first Honda experience
    Last edited by andymccauley; 01-19-2014, 11:47 AM.

The Code 43 is more likely an o2 sensor issue. Not sure why a bad o2 sensor sets that off, but I've only seen one instance of it actually being a fuel system issue.
    Pick up a Denso or NTK sensor (cheap on rockauto.com) to replace what you have. Don't get a Bosch sensor, as they never work properly. Most autoparts stores will give you Bosch by default.

Comment

according to the counterman at alot of stores, Bosch is the best thing since sliced bread

stick with what Deev said
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I replaced mine with a bosch and it still would give me problems so i bought a denso one and held up pretty good.

Comment

Bosch made the first o2 sensor, I believe. They make good products... just not for our cars!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Bosch made the first o2 sensor, I believe. They make good products... just not for our cars!
            IMO bosch works better for domestics then imports

Comment

Would a bad O2 sensor cause a hard start issue when cold?? thats some wierdness if so lol

Little Fart Can action

This is where the exhaust ended when we got it.

This is what I pieced together today with a fart can I had laying around from a 720 I parted out.

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  No.
                  AH c'mon, it needed a muffler

Comment

That was the answer to your question, not your unrelated pictures.

Comment

I've read some things about the main relay under the dash having problems and causing intermittent starting issue but from the symptoms I've seen none relate to mine. Not really trying to throw parts at it though

Comment

Originally posted by bigtexaz56 View Post
                        IMO bosch works better for domestics then imports
                        That seems like a rather unfounded thing to say.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Checked to make sure the fuel pump is priming by listening at the filler neck with the gas cap while my girl turned the key to the on position and it is priming, so there has to be some problem with something.. hmmmm
                          Last edited by andymccauley; 01-24-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Well more diag, replaced the drive belts, both battery terminals, no change. Took it for a drive drove pretty much the same but with the new belts the car vibrated alot less as expected, the old ones were shot.

After it sitting a few days I went out n played with the idle using the adjusting screw on the throttle body, didn't change anything.

Checked the codes again, now a solid CEL is on no flashes. Guessing its time for a new ECM

Comment

I believe a solid check engine light is a ecu problem.

as for the fuel issue maybe try a new fuel filter or it might be a dirty injector.

I would also do a timing belt and water pump just to be on the safe side

Comment

Working...
                              X