Clear All

my cb is a auto and i auto x it. it holds its own

The Race Car

Comment

i dont really see why it would matter if you do it in an auto or manual

Comment

Originally posted by 90_ACCORD View Post
        i dont really see why it would matter if you do it in an auto or manual
        It is easier to keep it in a specific gear in manual. Manual cars also suffer less drivetrain loss.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
          It is easier to keep it in a specific gear in manual. Manual cars also suffer less drivetrain loss.
          yeah i know that but the other guy said it like it shouldnt be done in an auto but he was going to anyway. but its all good

Comment

two responses. 5 speeds have shorter gears.

and u cant down shift in the accord from 2 to first unless going under 25. and thats only if u pull it in to first. i can hit 39 be for i need to shift to second and i have no power in second cause the gears are to long.

it just not as fast but if u put it in d4 and just drive it will help u learn and get faster with out considering to shift

The Race Car

Comment

yeah the only plus i could really see for driving an auto is you really only have to focus on driving. not having to shit gears and risk missing a gear.

but then again you do get used to shifting while you race the more you do it

Comment

yeah the only plus i could really see for driving an auto is you really only have to focus on driving. not having to shit gears and risk missing a gear.

but then again you do get used to shifting while you race the more you do it
                During a typical autocross this is generally not a problem. Every course I have ever run is pretty much all in 2nd gear. No shifting at all except the launch and the 1-2 shift right at the beginning.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

During a typical autocross this is generally not a problem. Every course I have ever run is pretty much all in 2nd gear. No shifting at all except the launch and the 1-2 shift right at the beginning.
                  i figured thats what it would be like...what kind of speeds you usually get up to? i know its not realy fast but i would still like to know

Comment

i figured thats what it would be like...what kind of speeds you usually get up to? i know its not realy fast but i would still like to know
                    At the very top of 2nd gear is the highest I have ever been. That is about 60 mph or so.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

This forum makes me want to auto-x. Damn this forum.
                      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

At the very top of 2nd gear is the highest I have ever been. That is about 60 mph or so.
                        damn thats pretty cool. i really hope i can start doin this if the car would just run right

Comment

whats wrong with you car that makes it not run right

The Race Car

Comment

not sure. it just looses power randomly and kinda stutters sometime and hesistates when i try to accelerate. my mechanic said it was the o2 sensor and i said it was the EGR valve.

he changed the o2 sensor and that made it run almost perfect. but now its starting to do it again and tonight the check engine light came on again and it threw code 12 which is the EGR valve.

so tomorrow i think im gonna go order a new one and put it on and see if that does the trick

Comment

I see, I didn't find this out until he was in chattanooga yesterday. Next chattanooga auto-x fly down here. we will pop my car's auto-x cherry. NSM of course.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Cb7sleeper View Post
                                I see, I didn't find this out until he was in chattanooga yesterday. Next chattanooga auto-x fly down here. we will pop my car's auto-x cherry. NSM of course.
                                Which is once every couple years...

1999 BMW M3
                                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Working...
                                X