auto x set up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
    What is SI? Never heard of that class. It is most definitely not a nationally-recognized SCCA class.

I guess the DZ101 is okay, but the Direzza Z1 Star Spec is a FAR superior tire.
    Yeah, I was thinking of getting the Star Spec's next year.

I'm a part of MAC. It's Minnesota Autosports Club based out of the twin cities. SI stands for Special Interest. It's a class they put together for noob's like myself to get a feel for everything. You don't get points and you can leave it whenever to go into an actual SCCA classing. But if you in SI you get the boot and have to find your class.

WINTER = HONDA UPRAGES - Last year was a HUGE suspension upgrade. This year its cockpit upgrades, brakes, wheels, and a possible tune and/or motor swap.

Comment

And did you buy the tires recently? If so why in the hell did you get the DZ101?
      That made me laugh because it reminded me that the DZ101 was on clearance recently and no one I knew would buy it because they said it wasn't worth the savings.

This was my setup before, but I never got to drive on it.

-Omnipower Street coilovers
      -Neuspeed front tie bar
      -new OEM honda uca with ES bushings
      -ES front master kit
      -Prothane rear bushings
      -ST rear sway
      -Prelude vtec brembo blank front rotors
      -Brembo blank rear rotors
      -Axxis ULT pads all around
      -ATE Super blue brake fluid
      -Rota C8 with yokohama parada spec-2 205/50/16

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe View Post
        That made me laugh because it reminded me that the DZ101 was on clearance recently and no one I knew would buy it because they said it wasn't worth the savings.

This was my setup before, but I never got to drive on it.

-Omnipower Street coilovers
        -Neuspeed front tie bar
        -new OEM honda uca with ES bushings
        -ES front master kit
        -Prothane rear bushings
        -ST rear sway
        -Prelude vtec brembo blank front rotors
        -Brembo blank rear rotors
        -Axxis ULT pads all around
        -ATE Super blue brake fluid
        -Rota C8 with yokohama parada spec-2 205/50/16
        why couldn't you drive on it?

WINTER = HONDA UPRAGES - Last year was a HUGE suspension upgrade. This year its cockpit upgrades, brakes, wheels, and a possible tune and/or motor swap.

Comment

G-man

How are the S. Drive's?

Comment

Originally posted by 92_dr_p View Post
            G-man

How are the S. Drive's?
            Yokohamas? Not even a player in street tire SCCA classes.

The players right now are:
            Bridgestone RE-11
            Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec
            Kumho Ecsta XS
            Toyo R1R
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

why couldn't you drive on it?
              I ran into some issues actually putting it together, and I ended up selling the car.

Comment

Yokohamas? Not even a player in street tire SCCA classes.

The players right now are:
                Bridgestone RE-11
                Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec
                Kumho Ecsta XS
                Toyo R1R
                Ok. I've heard alot of good things about the Bridgestone's. So it'll be a toss up for me between those and the Z1's

I ran into some issues actually putting it together, and I ended up selling the car.
                I'm sorry to hear that.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that.
                  no worries, its been about a year and a half since I sold the car, and the parts of my car have gone on into other member's cb7. I've kind of given up on building my own race car, but I've found other ways to stay involved in the racing community. I prefer the design/planning/wrenching part more than the actual racing anyways.

Comment

no worries, its been about a year and a half since I sold the car, and the parts of my car have gone on into other member's cb7. I've kind of given up on building my own race car, but I've found other ways to stay involved in the racing community. I prefer the design/planning/wrenching part more than the actual racing anyways.
                    having your own race car is a pain in the ass. sometimes i wish i didnt have mine because it doesnt get used and it takes up space.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                      having your own race car is a pain in the ass. sometimes i wish i didnt have mine because it doesnt get used and it takes up space.
                      Two of the cars I work on haven't been driven since 10/24/08 (the last track days they attended). One of them is in the shop getting a never ending roll cage and the other blew off the recirculation pipe for the BOV and has bald spots on the r comps, so it doesn't drive the same and no one wants to add more money into it. There is also still a short somewhere, so the battery always dies.

Another project (integra) that I worked on for weeks to prep for a track event back in May ended up having a complete break down the day before the event. It ended up being the LSD inside the transmission failing, so we spent 3 months and a few grand to modify the car to beat its previous time (1.32.4 at Streets of Willow CW) only to have it not run when we needed it.

Comment

Ya, I love doing the wrenching part also. I enjoy doing it all so than I know what's going on with the car, and so I know the set up. Plus if anything goes wrong on track day, I should be able to fix it. haha

Comment

Suspension/Wheels:

Kosei K1 15x7 offset 42 /Falken Azenis RT615
                          Kosei K1-TS 17x7 offset 42/Falken Azenis RT615
                          Omnipower Street Full Coilover
                          SPC Balljoint Front Camber kit (-2.5 degrees)
                          Generic Rear Camber kit (-1.5 degrees)
                          New OEM Lower Ball joints

Brakes:

ROH Conversion
                          Prelude VTEC calipers/23T brackets
                          Brembo blanks
                          Goodridge SS brake lines
                          Carbotech AX6 Race Pads(front only)
                          OEM Rear Pads
                          ATE Super Blue Dot 4 Brake/Clutch Fluid
                          '92 LX.
                          JDM H22a.

My Member's Ride Thread

Sold to: tysCb7, johnD1079, AccordHybrid92, GUA-D'zCb-7, judonoh, DriftProjectR, AeyJayCB7, C91BLX7, H23CB7

Comment

Working...
                          X