X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That is amazing, dude!

Great find!

Interested to see where this takes you!

So crazy that the lines are much more involved than the 4th gen.

I guess they realized there was a simpler way haha.

Comment

Got her running and driving on Wed of this week. Here's some pics of it after I did a basic wash on it:

Also was able to get the AZ Copper Historic plates since its over 25 years old. I love these plates, they're super strong, made by prison inmates and weigh about 3x heavier than the tin ones. They're also the only ones with the embossed letters and numbers

Also was able to have the DMV change the incorrect mileage of 138k on the previous title to the correct 42k miles currently on the odometer. Took me about 4 days of going back and forth to the Honda dealer to verify it, they had to correctly make an odometer statement about the miles being actual and it was pretty much a nightmare. But its done! and documented!

Also removed the Sheriffs volunteers sticker and revealed original Hawaii inspection stickers from 1993, I'm leaving those on there.

Took it to its very first car show....don't mind my funny stance, my friend didn't give me any warning when he took the photo.

Also my friend tossed me keys to his NSX since he wanted to drive a mint 42k mile accord so bad.....this was a FUN car! Best driving experience of my life so far

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

dude it came with steering wheel radio controls, I've never seen that on a CB or a CD. Was it even an option for the 4th/5th gens? This car is sick man!
        For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Good job Kai... I knew you could do it! I lost 3 hours of my life down at the DMV last week too so I feel your pain. I'm right with you with the Historic plates but will need to wait another 9 months before the 93SE is eligible ��

I'm guessing you took it up to Scottsdale Pavilions to show it off? You did a great job with it...

BTW that NSX looks suspiciously familiar anyone I know? ��
          My Collection:
          93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
          00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
          04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Very nice! Back when interiors had contours. It has the same center vent controls that JDM CB7s have, cool!

Comment

LOL as soon as I saw the NSX I knew it was Tyson's car! Good job on the restoration job.
              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Holy crap! What an awesome find!

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                  Good job Kai... I knew you could do it! I lost 3 hours of my life down at the DMV last week too so I feel your pain. I'm right with you with the Historic plates but will need to wait another 9 months before the 93SE is eligible ��

I'm guessing you took it up to Scottsdale Pavilions to show it off? You did a great job with it...

BTW that NSX looks suspiciously familiar anyone I know? ��
                  Yep, took it to the Pavilions this past Sat, met up with Tyson and his roommate who had a Civic Type R on loan from Honda for review

Here's an impromptu photo of me and the car my friend snuck in haha. Its currently in Tyson's garage and care since I had to fly back to MI this morning. He's already detailing it nicely and cleaning up the cosmetics of the car, which I'm not so good at.

Also, about that second door strip above the massive one that Honda provides, it was a dealer added accessory that's on the original window sticker so I felt its best to leave it on, even considering how bad it looks. Its also riveted onto the door which is also another reason why it has to be left as is otherwise, I'd be left with holes all throughout the side of the car.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 01-03-2018, 05:36 AM.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
                    dude it came with steering wheel radio controls, I've never seen that on a CB or a CD. Was it even an option for the 4th/5th gens? This car is sick man!
                    Yep, that was standard on the SEI with Bose audio.

It has the ability to toggle through the saved presets and adjust volume, both of which work! but the Bose amp needs to be looked at. I hear a high pitched squealing coming from the speaker, but the radio does work, just the volume isn't as high.

Also the power retracting roof antenna still works perfectly with the switch.

The only things that don't work are the power mirrors and the hazard switch. The turn signals function perfectly as does the Cruise Control, headlight up mode, rear defrost and others.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Quick question, does this Accord come with the 2.0 liter?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                        Quick question, does this Accord come with the 2.0 liter?
                        yep, 2 liter 12valve. pumps out a solid 120hp...but the important thing is this car is fuel injected and not carbureated. I can't stand those.

This engine was actually a lot easier to do the timing belt on compared to the CB7's 2.2L since the water pump is external and there was no balance shaft to worry about lining up.

I had the old belt off and new one on with a water pump in probably an hour including removing the 3 accessory belts. The intake system on the other hand....forget it. That alone took me over an hour to assemble the pipes correctly. Connectors on this generation Accord were subpar compared to the CB7 as well. Every single one felt like it was about to crumble in my hands if i put too much pressure on the lever to depress it. I think a lot of that has to do with the grey plastic they used in the CB7 vs. the white plastic they used in this car.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 01-31-2018, 01:51 AM.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Sold car on Bring A Trailer

I just wanted to update the ownership of the car. Since I'm in MI and the car was in AZ and I couldn't enjoy it, I decided to list it for sale on Bring a Trailer and amazingly it sold!

The new owner drove it home, about 280 miles somewhere in Idyllwild, CA near Palm Springs. He was an older guy in his late 60s who used to have an 88 LXi a long time ago that brought back memories when he saw mine listed.

Wired me the money within 2 days of the auction's closing and flew out the following weekend to pick it up.

I did the entire transaction from MI, so I unfortunately didn't see the car go home to its new owner, but I do know he made it safe and sound.

All in all, it was a fun 6 months with the car and 1000 miles I got to put on and enjoy on it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-honda-accord/

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                          X