No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This looks better and better as it comes together, great attention to detail here! Super impressive, can't wait to see some Dyno #s.

Comment

Shit. I didn't even think of the hood .......

(you are obviously not going to run the oil feed line there right? )

Comment

No I ordered a longer one. This feed line is 36” and I guess I need 48 to wrap around the block. I have it set up like that so no bugs don’t go crawling in. If I got the manifold coated and wrapped I may have ran the line like that. But then it would be a pain to simply just remove the valve cover. Also if by some freak of nature the oil line blew, wouldn’t want hot oil spraying all over a hot manifold.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I say cowl induction hood ala 69 Chevelle SS, Citation X-11 (just cause I had one), and others.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
            Which gasket? Mani to turbo gasket? Or exhaust ports (Head) to mani?
            The gasket that goes in between the manifold and the turbo exhaust housing. I was just curious how far off they might be. My T3 exhaust housing inlet was much smaller than all the standard T3 gaskets.
            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
            01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              I say cowl induction hood ala 69 Chevelle SS, Citation X-11 (just cause I had one), and others.
              Lol though it looks sexy on a Chevelle or any domestic, but I don't think it would have the same effect on our car. I think the only person who rocked one of those was Doughboi. aka spongebob car.

Originally posted by bjaccord View Post
              The gasket that goes in between the manifold and the turbo exhaust housing. I was just curious how far off they might be. My T3 exhaust housing inlet was much smaller than all the standard T3 gaskets.
              I am running a T4 housing, so I don't know if it will help. But next time I remove the turbo I'll make sure to snap a pic for you.

Small Update:

So had some free time today after passing my Navigation test. I started routing the cold side intercooler piping as well as mounting the intercooler.

I had to cut up some of the pipe that connects the intercooler to the upper pipe. Though I was hoping I wasn't going to have to do any cutting. I need to purchase a 3" clamp for the throttle body coupler.

I also routed the (green plug) alternator wire under the block and up and used a hose bracket to ensure it doesn't move or interfere with crank pulley. I am going to add an adel clamp on the back side to ensure it doesn't move.

I then mounted the oil catch can and BOV. Right now the oil catch can is only held on by one bolt, so I am going to have to create a bracket for the other bolt to mount to.

I plan to work on it some more this weekend, hopefully have it ready to be put back on the ground.
              Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-12-2019, 11:09 PM.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

D00d, that intercooler is huge! You do realize how much your going to have to cut out the bumper right :P

& Edit: as i'm excited for ya here man! This is the best part of building the car. You must walk into your garage with a smile these days!
                Last edited by Raf99; 02-13-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  D00d, that intercooler is huge! You do realize how much your going to have to cut out the bumper right :P

& Edit: as i'm excited for ya here man! This is the best part of building the car. You must walk into your garage with a smile these days!
                  Oh ya I’m loving that intercooler mounted on the front. It is pretty big, probably a lot bigger then I really need, but it’s a Greddy intercooler that I got for 75 bucks. I couldn’t pass up the deal. I pretty much know my bumper support bar is going to be non existent and the intercooler is now the support bar. But I have one bumper cover I am going to use to figure out how to fit it. Then once I perfect that do the same thing with less mistakes to my painted bumper. But I’m ok with running no bumper right now.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Not sure what the wagon bumper beam is like, but the skin protrudes more than a sedan/coupe bumper. Maybe you could get a thinner steel beam made that mimics the front of the fiberglass beam, but is thinner to allow for the intercooler, but still provide some strength.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                      Not sure what the wagon bumper beam is like, but the skin protrudes more than a sedan/coupe bumper. Maybe you could get a thinner steel beam made that mimics the front of the fiberglass beam, but is thinner to allow for the intercooler, but still provide some strength.
                      I was thinking once I ever get a welder to do that exactly. Create a tube support beam. I will just need to find someone who has a pipe bender.
                      ~Nick~

Comment

So a little set back has occurred, as I stated earlier the manifold Blake designed did not clear the hood, so instead of hacking up that beautiful manifold, along with the amount of time it would take to modify it, he could build me a new one.

So Blake is redesigning a new manifold, instead of going with a hybrid, ramhorn/bottom mount, we are going strictly bottom mount/equal length.

I am not to worried as this allows me time to tackle the other small tasks I wanted to get done.

So for valentine's Day my wife looked on my amazon list and bought a few things:

New clutch master, as my 26 year old one is now leaking, 2awg wire to finish the battery to engine ground, some edge guard to protect the intercooler piping passing through the cut frame.

I then finished mounting and routing the oil catch can hoses:

Once that was done I mounted and wired up the MAC 4 port boost solenoid, all I have left to do is connect the vacuum lines to the wastegate. This will allow me to do boost by gear and increase boost on the fly.

Some other things I did but didn't take pictures was change out and route the longer 90* bend oil feed line as well as started removing the clutch master cylinder.

It's slowly coming along guys, almost there.
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 02-18-2019, 01:38 AM.
                        ~Nick~

Comment

Looking really good. Too bad about the manifold, I am sure the next one will be great.
                          Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                          01-01-2019

Comment

I knew he'd have to make a new one.... sucks, but oh well. Lesson learned.
                            I think you have a ESP front lower sub frame? Needed with a 3" exhaust

Comment

Yep I am rocking the esp traction bar. Have been since his first batch. Still one of the best purchases I have ever made.
                              ~Nick~

Comment

So got some small work done on the Accord, when I was routing the AEM Oil Pressure gauge I noticed that the Clutch master was leaking. So decided to replace that with a new one, install was fairly easy and bleeding the clutch as well.

Odd vs New:

Since Raf pointed out I need to clean up the rest of the bay I went ahead and cleaned up the reservoir as best as I could:

Before:

After:

I then decided to start tackling the crash bar and bumper cover and though I made the intercooler fit inside the crash bar like a glove, I think trying to get the intercooler to fit in the bumper cover and look decent or good is beyond my skills. So I will be seeking a body shop sometime in the future to do that job for me.

After that I mounted the Neuspeed 4 point strut bar and called it a day:

~Nick~

Comment

Working...
                                X