Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil Dummy Light Coming On!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Dummy Light Coming On!!

Hey guys, here's the gist of what's happening.

Finished full rebuild of my f22a1 around 4 months ago.
    Now, after she warms up to temp, oil light comes on.
    No leaks, full of Mobil1 Synthetic, also changed out the the oil sending unit on the back of the block.
    Shut the car off, light stays off, then after a few comes back on.
    Any advice?

Put an oil pressure gauge on it and see what it reads. How many miles are on the current oil pump?
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

What was included in "full rebuild"? Did you do it yourself?

I have bought a block with only 500 miles since "rebuild" by a reputable shop(claimed by the seller). I was told this shop is somewhere in Orlando, FL.

I am seeing some sub-standard practice on this "rebuild".

Clearwater, FL is not too far from Orlando.........

I'm just saying,,,,,,,
      Last edited by oyajicool; 08-17-2013, 05:11 PM.
      A&P-IA

Comment

First of all don't run the engine till you check your oil presure, if the oil pump is gone youll fuck up your bearings.

As cloud wrote use a preasure gauge and check if the preasure is as it should be (at idle and on higher rpms).

If the preasure is good you got a problem with your sensor.

Comment

If you don't run the engine, there's no way of knowing what the pressure it is creating.

If you doubt about the accuracy of the pressure switch, you should check the switch on a test bench by pressurizing with regulated air with multimeter hooked up to it. There by protecting the engine.

Cheapest/easiest way for the OP is to replace the existing pressure switch with known/working/new switch and run the engine.
          A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
            If you don't run the engine, there's no way of knowing what the pressure it is creating.
            I ment dnt run the engine unless its for the preasure test.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

When i say we did a full rebuild everything on the car was replaced....except the oil pump. That oil pump is the factory pump with around 270k on it. You guys are saying everything thing I'm thinking. She'll sit here at the house till Tuesday, then go to the shop.
              I'm not excited about this problem, I told my mechanic we should replace the oil pump at time of rebuild. You know, when the whole block was stripped and cleaned. He told me we should be fine, ugh!!

Comment

Working...
              X