This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
    225/35yr18 bridgestone pontenza s-03 traction AA. a grippy ass tire i must say
    Yo! I knew the tires as soon as i saw the pics! I have been in love with that tire since it came out. I was never adventerous enough to get a 225/35. I stayed with a 215/40/18.
    Pirelli P7000 SuperSport (5.5/10)
    Yokohama Parada Spec2 (8/10)
    BFGoodrich T/A KDW g-force (8.5/10)
    Nitto Neo-Gen (8/10)

Now running a 235/45/17 (Acura TL). Yokohama Avid H4S. Just had them installed on Friday. I've heard nothing BUT good about these tires, so i'm looking forward to rating their performance
    Bean Town Crew Member #3
    Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
    "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
      so i take it 205/50 is too wide for the CD5 EX rims because they will rub?
      i need to know also! i want to do the gforce sports 205/50/15 on aniversary rims. i wish i could go bigger than that,any one know if you can?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
        i need to know also! i want to do the gforce sports 205/50/15 on aniversary rims. i wish i could go bigger than that,any one know if you can?

205/50's would be wide and thin enough for me. i just want to see if i can go wider than 195/60. itll be a better contact patch to the ground and itll give you a little bit better handling.

Comment

205/50's would be wide and thin enough for me. i just want to see if i can go wider than 195/60. itll be a better contact patch to the ground and itll give you a little bit better handling.
          well lmk...on the 205's

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Well i dont think i have any pics of em mounted but im running these bad boys

BFG g-force sports

205/55/15 on 15" prelude sawblades

i give them a 9 outta 10 all around great in the rain awesome when dry. rigid but forgivable sidewall i really love em.

-sean
            Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
            Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
              Well i dont think i have any pics of em mounted but im running these bad boys

BFG g-force sports

205/55/15 on 15" prelude sawblades

i give them a 9 outta 10 all around great in the rain awesome when dry. rigid but forgivable sidewall i really love em.

-sean

do you rub with those on?

Comment

Falken AZENIS RT-615
                205/50/15 W
                10 out of 10

+ excellent tires! the harder you corner the warmer and stickier they get
                - 200 treadwear --> 3 months of spirited driving and you've got slicks

Michelin X-ICE
                195/60/15 Q
                8 out of 10

+ really good on snow & ice but squeal like little piglets when cornering on dry
                - 60 sidewall too high --> soft over bumps but handles like a minivan

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

195 60 15 Bridgestone Potenza G009 7.5/10. Wouldn't buy again because they are softer than I like. Wear pretty well, even under hard driving, have survived many parking lot burnouts. Grip corners decently dry, rain stinks. Too soft a sidewall for my liking IMO though.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDing2R
                    Falken AZENIS RT-615
                    205/50/15 W
                    10 out of 10

+ excellent tires! the harder you corner the warmer and stickier they get
                    - 200 treadwear --> 3 months of spirited driving and you've got slicks
                    what rims did oyu have these on? did they rub at all?

Comment

I know a 205 isn't too wide for the rims you guys are talking about. A couple prelude people have them with 205/55/15's on 4g prelude. The problem would come about it these cars can't handle a 205 tire on stock rims. However, because numerous people have prelude rims (that are the same width and offset as 94+ accord and probably cb7 rims too) with 205's (and some other with up to 225's on 18's), a 205 isn't going to cause problems.

Comment

Currently running stock 92-93 EX wheels with crappy Hercules tires, putting a set of Continental's on them. Also just picked up a set of 17x7 Konig Rated R's with Michelin Pilot HX MXM4's for the summer. They need a bit of work (minor curb rash and they need 2 new tires) but I got them for almost nothing.
                        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                        Short ram intake
                        Tenrai Himoto catback
                        Smashed front end
                        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

what rims did oyu have these on? did they rub at
                          all?
                          I run these tires on my JDM ITR wheels. And no they don't rub.
                          I also ran Falken AZENIS Sport (the old version of the Azenis) on '95 EXR rims and no they didn't rub at all.

I'm lowered 2.2 inches - no rubbish issues.

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

I just mounted some Hankook iPike303 (or something like that) snow and ice tires on 92 prelude si wheels. Look nice, but haven't driven the car with them on yet. We're supposed to get 3 inches of snow wednesday and 5 more on friday, so I'll have a decent review for their traction.

Comment

Bridgestone Potenza RE950 195/60/15
                              they are my summer tires. they work pretty good.

Winter Mark Magna Grip Radial HT 195/60/15
                              some random snow tires my dad gave me.

i liked the Perrelli's i had for snow tires.
                              back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by preludeman92
                                I just mounted some Hankook iPike303 (or something like that) snow and ice tires on 92 prelude si wheels. Look nice, but haven't driven the car with them on yet. We're supposed to get 3 inches of snow wednesday and 5 more on friday, so I'll have a decent review for their traction.
                                Decided to update since we've finally had a bit of snow. These tires are sweet They're quiet after the first 50 miles, they don't squirm, and they grip like none other in the wet or slick. They are NOT ice tires until you stud them though.

Comment

Working...
                                X