Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Help!!! Boosted my h23a3 and it's blowing blue smoke!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's always one

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      There's always one
      We like to refer to them as "that guy", and yeah there's ALWAYS one of them....
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

There's always the guy that boosted for years on a stock block and didn't blow.
        There's always the guy that slammed his car on cut springs and stock shocks and didn't crash.
        There's always the guy that overdosed on heroin and didn't die.
        There's always the guy that rawdogged the prostitute and didn't get herpasyphilaidis.

Being the one exception does not mean it's a good idea. However, announcing that one exception will give a moron reason to do something stupid, even when there are a dozen others providing good reasons not to. Just one "it's OK" will counteract a dozen "don't do it!"s

Comment

There's always the guy that boosted for years on a stock block and didn't blow.
          There's always the guy that slammed his car on cut springs and stock shocks and didn't crash.
          There's always the guy that overdosed on heroin and didn't die.
          There's always the guy that rawdogged the prostitute and didn't get herpasyphilaidis.

Being the one exception does not mean it's a good idea. However, announcing that one exception will give a moron reason to do something stupid, even when there are a dozen others providing good reasons not to. Just one "it's OK" will counteract a dozen "don't do it!"s

But think of it this way, if theyre gonna do it and want to do it even tho they still ask about it and get a bunch of donts, what do you think theyre actually going to do? i was just simply saying that your "EVERY" comment may not be as accurate. Granted ive seen loads of blown engines with the ringlands taken out from boost, nitrous.

Comment

After seeing this thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188501 - Who tuned your ecu? Or was it running on a basemap?

One or more pistons is definitely toast, but a leak-down test will confirm it.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by danf20bcb7 View Post
              But think of it this way, if theyre gonna do it and want to do it even tho they still ask about it and get a bunch of donts, what do you think theyre actually going to do? i was just simply saying that your "EVERY" comment may not be as accurate. Granted ive seen loads of blown engines with the ringlands taken out from boost, nitrous.
              If they want to do it, and they've done their own research to the point where they feel confident doing it... then they probably wouldn't be asking in a thread anyway. Most people that boost stock blocks are cheap, lazy, uneducated, or a combination of the three. OR, they just want to play around with a "toy" car that they have on the side, and they don't particularly care if they blow it up.

The second type knows what they're doing, and what to expect.

The first type is the type my comments (and those like them) are intended to address. The cheap people need to learn that even a $1000 turbo setup on a block that is likely to blow in a short time is a serious waste of money. $1000 spent for nothing, or $2000 spent for a turbo motor that will last a while. The lazy ones need to learn that boosting a stock block is a hell of a lot of work for an unsatisfying result. Far too much work for a giant paperweight. The uneducated ones simply need to be educated. Some of the smartest members of this site have blown stock-block turbo motors. I expect that most of them were not aware that they would likely break a ringland in the process...
              However, if someone is cheap and lazy, they will ignore a dozen comments saying something they don't want to hear, as long as they have ONE comment to latch onto that says what they DO want to hear.
              I was once one of those people myself... and I paid dearly for it.

Comment

It's a constant learning process.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  It's a constant learning process.
                  Absolutely. And smart people learn from the mistakes of others, so they can avoid making them themselves!

Comment

Absolutely. And smart people learn from the mistakes of others, so they can avoid making them themselves!
                    see im opposite..id rather learn the hard way...thats why i have 2 cars..my toy and the family ride..i knew what was gonna happen sonner or later when i boosted my car..in fact i did it just because i was the first one in ct that i know of with a boosted accord...not saying that im the first but at this point in time i am.even tho its like half of a 4 banger at the moment its still quick.still swattin turbo civics and tegs...

my new turbo build

Comment

So you'd rather waste time, money, and effort doing something the wrong way? What benefit is there to doing that?

Comment

I'm going to keep it funky as well. I too "sometimes" have to learn the hard way, just to fully understand the experience/repercussions. I know this sounds stupid, but sometimes the only way you know it stinks is if you smell it.

More times than often, I try to listen to those with experience. That's the mature side. However, I always have to make an end decision which I typically do from facts and weighing the pros and cons.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

So you'd rather waste time, money, and effort doing something the wrong way? What benefit is there to doing that?
                          actually learning how things work being able to educate others like i did in my video with samples...for the fact that i wanted to..dont mean to be a dick.but its my money and time and i can spend it how i see fit,i do how ever see your point of argument and i agree 100% but i still have my reasons why i did it my way.

my new turbo build

Comment

I'm not criticizing, I'm merely trying to understand. Your video was clearly helpful, but the events that led up that situation were avoidable, because that was already common knowledge.

Agreed, you can spend your money any way you want, but why choose to be ignorant? Why re-invent the wheel with every mod, when people have already learned what works and what doesn't? We don't have a lot of money to spend... if we did, we'd likely have chosen more expensive cars to start with. Why waste it learning the hard way when the knowledge is already there for free?

Comment

I'm not criticizing, I'm merely trying to understand. Your video was clearly helpful, but the events that led up that situation were avoidable, because that was already common knowledge.

Agreed, you can spend your money any way you want, but why choose to be ignorant? Why re-invent the wheel with every mod, when people have already learned what works and what doesn't? We don't have a lot of money to spend... if we did, we'd likely have chosen more expensive cars to start with. Why waste it learning the hard way when the knowledge is already there for free?
                              because if i can break stock easy to find cheap enough replacment parts.learn how to fix them threw trial and error rather than fuck up really expensive parts id take that all day..see what i have noticed threw t and e is that,na motors react way different than boosted motors.now i went from haveing others build my car to me building a 200whp na then to boosted f22s.now i blew up my n/a f22 ripped it apart only to find broken highly expensive parts.now boost is a hole another story and book at that.i haves adhd as well so reading and watching movies and having things explained to me is not so easy so the real only way for me to learn somthings is to physically do things.i kno your are not criticizing me just trying to understand my ways.lol

my new turbo build

Comment

I clearly see Deev's argument, and it's very logical.

Sometimes, we just have to figure out by trial and error. Be we, I mean people with a go get, I'm going to show them attitude. Not being cocky, just pursuing something that we want to pursue just because some part of our anatomy or persona told us to do it. It's hard to explain.

Ever heard the phrase, "do as I say, not as I do!" What does the average inexperienced person normally do? I guess it depend on the person.
                                Last edited by Straight Success; 04-14-2012, 04:55 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X